My Belloq review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, it's Sam Cobra! That would be D'oh!'s avatar for those unfamiliar. God, I loved that figure as a kid - still have my original, but I lost most of the cool little accessories. I've got to get a complete one, one of these days.

Hey, it's Sam Cobra! That would be D'oh!'s avatar for those unfamiliar. God, I loved that figure as a kid - still have my original, but I lost most of the cool little accessories. I've got to get a complete one, one of these days.

You'll love the old TV ads half way down this page then, came across them just the other day.

https://www.thebaboonbellows.com/?p=917

Good review. I think Sideshow needs a lesson in how to research these characters before they put out prototypes and especially before they go into full production. Belloq did not have brown eyebrows, nor black or dark brown hair. I'd love to know what thought process went into the color schemes of these features or if any real thought process went on at all.

So far I've seen a couple other members adding the proper gray tones to give Belloq his salt/pepper hair and I did the same tonight with some pastels. As soon as I did it the likeness just popped. Granted, the sculpt is not perfect as the review pointed out but I think the lack of preparation into the correct colors had a lot to do with why it didn't look right to begin with.

To me the worst part of my figure is the piss-poor job they did on the hat ribbon. You can see in the pic below how uneven it is. Just a bad, bad paint job on that one. The rest I'm pretty happy about when I'm not thinking about that big silver button on his jacket. Overall though I'm glad they came out with it so I can have Indy's arch nemesis displayed with him and the relics they fought each other over.

Sideshow, if you're reading this...next time just pop in the dvd and get the figure right the first time around. All the reference you need is in the film itself. It's not too difficult.

So, seeing as how you still bought it and kept it rather than send it back for a refund, was there anything at all you actually LIKED about the figure? :huh

You'll love the old TV ads half way down this page then, came across them just the other day.

https://www.thebaboonbellows.com/?p=917

At the risk of derailing this thread: thanks for the link! Between my friend and me, I think we had the entire Johnny West collection. In additon to Sam, I had 2(!) Johnnys, Gen. Custer, and a Geronimo. Plus the kids. My friend had Chief Cherokee, Mrs. West and some others, if I recall. Great toys.

Back