My presentation to a local area Arts Guild

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats neat that you took your art out to the community that would otherwise have no idea this stuff existed. good job!

Great stuff Les! Bringing out hobby to the masses :rock

Love seeing some of your work on display like this... the Pirates figures are great looking.

And the picture of Lou with Lou is priceless. So were 2 made of that figure, one kept by Gruff and one given to Lou?

Congratulations bro!!! What other kinds of questions were asked? How did you answer the question about articulation and playing with our figures? Did they ask how much they were? (I hate that question)

Excellent!!!! :rock I wish I could've been in the audience. Especially when they asked if we play with our dollies. :lol

Cool to see a little Coco in the mix too.:cool: :D

Oh yeah!!! You were represented Coco!!! Sorry i didn't add your name to the list. Too many to remember. But yeah, your hat work was front and center in that Joker shot! :rock

As for the figs and pics of thereof, I'll try to get shots of the Pirates, namely Jack, and his recipe, and the DX Joker work up soon. TOO much going on at once for me. This presentation was fun, and I needed it here locally, but it set me back a few days, so bear with me. I really did enjoy it though, and thanks guys.

The PLAYING WITH OUR FIGURES stuff....yeah...it was so funny. This one lady was certain that with so much articulation present in the bodies, that we had to be, or some of us at any rate, had to be PLAYING with them. Not sure how to answer that one, as I found it funny too. I mean, once I get a figure, and it finds it's pose that I like most, the one I display it in, it doesn't move much. I know others here are like that *cough* Wor-Gar! But I too think that way. Still, I/we know, they can be moved. It matters.
Still, to the unknowing public out there, we are a bit of an eccentric bunch I think. Overgrown kids. I hate the NERD or GEEK refs made all the time. It's not really fair, especially when in Asia they have museums for this stuff, and it's treated with respect. As are the collectors and artists that make them.
We here just have to keep on educating them is all.

One addon! I forgot to tell you all. In May, some of my figures are going on one month display, in the museum itself! Yeah! My work! In a frikkin' Museum! For me it's a first! I think Spencer's had some stuff in one, and others I am sure, but for me, it's a first. So, add that to all this.

We will educate them all! One way, or the other! :rock

:rock

Awesome event! Congratulations -- way to represent!

Your pirates display is pure swashbuckling brilliance. Savvy?

Love that Joker too, of course.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall there. Those women with your figures makes me really nervous though. Did all the women there grab nude male figures and inspect them like the pic shows? :lol

You have my curiosity: what is that C-3PO you have there?

:rock

Awesome event! Congratulations -- way to represent!

Your pirates display is pure swashbuckling brilliance. Savvy?

Love that Joker too, of course.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall there. Those women with your figures makes me really nervous though. Did all the women there grab nude male figures and inspect them like the pic shows? :lol

You have my curiosity: what is that C-3PO you have there?

I actually handed out the figure bodies. It was part of the show and tell part of the presentation. I wanted them to have hands on knowledge of what we work with, and how articulated they are now. WE forget. The average person out there has no idea these kinds of innovations have occured with figure bodies. Not at all. It was fun to see them react to the better ones.

The C-3PO is the old Kaiyodo kit. It sat unbuilt and dormant for years in my collection, until Episode II came out, and I went, "THAT'S IT!" and realized instead of how to somehow gold chrome the kit, that I could go to town on the details of the EpII version. And it got done. It remains the best sculpt of 3PO I have seen yet. It has a posable head and arms, but the rest is set. I guess nowadays, I might could have adapted it to a very slimline body out there, I think Hot Toys slim is too broad for even it, but then, there were no options at the time.

Back