NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably hook up some sort of stand or diorama for the piece anyway. In any case, support for a figure that large and heavy is a given. Regardless of however sturdy he was made out to be, I'd take extra care of him. Even if he's durable, you never know if his shelf dive could be harmful to other collectibles... or your floor :eek:.

I think he looks like a shelf diver.:thud: :lol

What sort of stand or diorama do you have in mind? It'd be great to have a dio base for him.

Yeah.:hi5:

I made my girlfriend watch the final act with me. I told her this is the best half hour of film you will ever see.:rock (The whole film is the best but I couldn't persuade her watch the first part with me.:lol)

Haha :lol i must agree my favourite part is up 2 the bit when Arnold says "GET TO DA CHOPPAH!" to the end of the film :) whole film is just awesome my fav 80's action movie! :hi5:
One of the best for sure!

goose, what did your GF think of the last 30 minutes?

Am I the only one that's really disappointed with the paint on the finished figures? I really, really wish Tankman hadn't posted his photos 20 or so pages back because the paint on those Predators looked amazing. Seeing his pictures reassured me that this figure was going to be epic. Unfortunately now, seeing the in-hand pictures, it honestly looks so "toy-like" that my interest in this figure has been deminished by 50%.
Too bad to because I pre-ordered all 3.

One of the best for sure!

goose, what did your GF think of the last 30 minutes?

I think she tried to enjoy it for me.:1-1:

She hadn't seen it before so it was good seeing her reaction, she actually waited in anticipation when he removes his masks and kept asking me who wins. I just said wait and see...Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!:D

Am I the only one that's really disappointed with the paint on the finished figures? I really, really wish Tankman hadn't posted his photos 20 or so pages back because the paint on those Predators looked amazing. Seeing his pictures reassured me that this figure was going to be epic. Unfortunately now, seeing the in-hand pictures, it honestly looks so "toy-like" that my interest in this figure has been deminished by 50%.

Do you have any other 1/4 scale figures? If not then I think you still won't be able to help but feel impressed when you get it in person. The size of these things is a really cool factor. When I got the Alien I was blown away and just knew I'd made the right choice in buying it and preordering the P1 Predators.

Yeah the paint isn't as good but this is something I'd rather buy now than to not buy it and feel like I missed out later on in life.

Those figures shouldnt be so open to people when they walk in. If someone picks up a box and brops it hard accidently, they will still ship those boxes. And one of those toutchd boxes could be yours.

kinda off topic but i gotta say, the most iconic scene for me is when he emerges from the water looking for Arnold. Theres something about it that is so sinister and badass.

Last edited:
I think she tried to enjoy it for me.:1-1:

She hadn't seen it before so it was good seeing her reaction, she actually waited in anticipation when he removes his masks and kept asking me who wins. I just said wait and see...Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!:D
Haha! Cool.
I was just wondering because this is such a guy flick. :yess:
Except, maybe the part where they are all setting up the traps.
All of their shirts are off. Women will love that part. :lol

Anyway, I can't believe Dutch was the Governor of this wonderful state I live in. :thud:

Do you have any other 1/4 scale figures? If not then I think you still won't be able to help but feel impressed when you get it in person. The size of these things is a really cool factor. When I got the Alien I was blown away and just knew I'd made the right choice in buying it and preordering the P1 Predators.

I do own the Alien, T2 Endoskeleton, and original Halloween Michael Meyers, and while those figures' sculpts are awesome, the paint is pretty much average with regular NECA figures. What I'm disappointed with his how NECA kind of falsely implied the Predator would boost a much higher quality paint job than all previous NECA releases. Seeing the in-hand photos looks no different than any other 18 inch NECA figure previously released. And I would be fine with that if NECA didn't lead us to believe paint quality was going to be improved OR charge us double the price based on those false expectations.
I will agree, just based on size and sculpt alone, this will be a very imposing, attention grabbing display piece.

One of my faviorite scenes is when he rips Billy's spine with authority and shows he's the baddest animal ever when he roars!

Back