NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An extended cut with 20+ minutes of extra music for the 2018 soundtrack is being release on 10/18, I can't wait, there's some stuff from the movie that isn't on the regular that I hope is there, like a cool moody bit used when Laurie runs out of the restaurant having an episode.

8CFEC201-2791-4803-A630-7DBC3A7AF1A5.jpg
3F63CEB1-07C3-4859-ADA4-2D227BB0E954.jpg
DCEEF2C4-D421-4402-8795-35BB017856E2.jpg
17A7B6BE-FF08-4CA0-8479-BA133F2D338F.jpg

Don’t you just love the hammer lol

6EC0DD4C-2E90-430D-A844-5DD5A6299872.jpeg

I like it better then the 2018 hammer, the head on mine is covered in blood and loses some of the quality. The H2 is a great figure and makes me want a true ‘78 upgrade even more.

The Tramer head is very ‘78, like NECA figured it’s their only way to do it, but you need a hair swap. I may get a second H2 to bash into a ‘78 at some point, not sure, the bleeding eyes head looks cool and is a fun accessory so I don’t want to mess it up now, didn’t expect to care about it before I got my figure, but I do now that I have it.

While this thread is focused on Carpenter/Shatner mask Myers figures, I wanted to give this shot a crack with some of the updated photo tools I have.

2019-10-09_1.jpg

Got mine from Gamestop last week...

Not seeing the part 2 likeness here....way off from the prototype.

It looks more like a mix of the 78 mask and the one from part 4's poster art...

halloween-4-the-return-of-michael-myers-poster.jpg

And where are the eyebrows? I'm thinking Neca does these first runs kinda sloppy on purpose, then adds improvements to the re-releases to get us to buy them again.

Attachments

• IMG_20191016_035942.jpg
    IMG_20191016_035942.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20191016_035109.jpg
    IMG_20191016_035109.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 89
Ultimate Michael Myers - Halloween 2 by scarrviper, on Flickr

After some delays, I finally have Neca's new Michael Myers from Halloween II. And I love it.

This is a very solid figure. There are a few things to watch out for of course. My copy did suffer from the dreaded one leg longer than the other syndrome, but after heating the leg with a hair dryer and popping it off the hip joint and then popping it back on, his legs are now even and he stands up straight.
The biggest thing to worry about is paint, especially the eyes on the 3 heads. A lot of these are either cross eyed or have a lazy eye. When looking for one in the wild, be sure to check all the eyes.

There does seem to be some sort of a variant or running change with this figure. Most of the samples that were purchased early by youtubers last month directly from Neca have masks that look cleaner and have less weathering. All of the ones I've seen in person have darker, dirtier masks, with what appears to be printed on weathering marks and shading.

The head sculpts are all great. I do agree that there is something slightly off about the two Myers masks, but in hand you can really see the Shatner likeness in them. The paint is surprisingly intricate with many layers. The blood tears are especially well done and look very realistic. The hair has a nice two tone effect to simulate the fading of the hair color. The Ben Tramer head is a nice bonus, and I like that it is a unique sculpt. The hair looks screen accurate, and the sculpt of the face looks closer to an H1 mask. With some modifications it could be converted. The paintjob is a bit weird though. Of the 3 heads, the Tramer seems to vary the most and some are very sloppy.

The body is reused from the 2018 Myers, with new lower legs, boots, and a new torso overlay. The 6 bullet holes in the front are present with exit wounds on the back. The body has the correct shape and stature to represent **** Warlock in the costume. The color of the coveralls is just right. The blue plastic they used combined with the weathering applied overtop really does give them that "spruce green" vibe. Depending on the lighting they can look blue, green, or almost gray in hand.

He includes some of the same hands as the 2018 Myers, along with a new right hand for holding his scalpel. The hands swap much easier on this figure, and they are more flexible. The weathering is also just right.

The weapons are excellent, and for the most part cleanly painted. The scalpel and syringe in particular are my favorites. The knife is great, and the hammer is well sculpted but inaccurately painted. The opening jack o'lantern is really cool although the outside could have been painted better imo.

Overall I'm very impressed, he was well worth the wait.

2a0e106bdeb162ab450fc85b349ddb35.jpg

The fact that he is looking to his right ruins the regular headsculpt for me. On packaging and from YouTubers reviews, he is looking forward.

I have been trying to get a hold of NECA through twitter to see if I can get a replacement head, but I?m not very successful. Total bummer. I was really hyped for this figure.

That's weird. It's not like this has just one wonky eye done by mistake, they're both painted to look to his right - deliberately.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah, those are pretty bad. The eyes are the weakest part of this release, I've seen quite few with eyes that don't line up. Even mine aren't perfectly straight, one is slightly off but it's good enough. Neca really needs to get their act together when it comes to eye paint, it seems lately a lot of their figures I've seen in hand have had bad eyes.

I have to shine a bright light to see the eyes on mine, I don?t care much how the paint came out because I don?t want the eyes visible, we don?t see them in the movie but for a quick shot in the car mirror when he arrives at the hospital and when he gets the blood eyes.

I have to shine a bright light to see the eyes on mine, I don?t care much how the paint came out because I don?t want the eyes visible, we don?t see them in the movie but for a quick shot in the car mirror when he arrives at the hospital and when he gets the blood eyes.

You see em when he kills his first victim, you see em when he boils the nurse. You see em.

Due to how the mask is stretched , the eyes are easily visible.

You see em when he kills his first victim, you see em when he boils the nurse. You see em.

Due to how the mask is stretched , the eyes are easily visible.

Exactly. His eyes are visible a lot in H2. Most of the time you don't want to see the eyes on a Myers figure, but if there's one that needs to have the eyes done right it is this one since they are seen up close several times. For me, I prefer when a Myers figure has the right balance where the eyes are hidden until you want to see them.

Mine has the wonky eyes, too -- except for the Tramer sculpt. However, I don't really mind as I can barely see 'em. Overall, a terrific piece. I also like how the interior of the pumpkin is soft, almost like real pulp. Best Mikey figure I own.

Back