New License Unveiling: Could it be LOTR?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is LOTR PREMIUM FORMAT I will be very disappointed, because they didn't finsihed the 1/6 scale line

I am thrilled the 1/4 LOTR is happening! This is the best announcement in a long time!!!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

I hope we get more information soon on who will be first.

personally I have no interest in the LOTR 1/4's , but I dont blame SS for doing it. They're not dumb, they know how most of the LOTR fanatics are ....
"... power bill ... or new LOTR preemie ... ehhhhhh .... who needs lights, I have a lot of candles around here"
:D

good news for the LOTR guys and my wallet.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

THIS IS SUCH AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE NEWS!!! Just think how amazing these things will be??!???!?! WOW! WOW! I'm stuck home sick (where i've been all week and THIS is the best i've felt ALL WEEK LONG!!!)

WOW. Its so good to know that with this announcement, hopefully this board will kick back into gear. So sad to see it dissipate the way it has....

See you guys in SS's live chat at 1pm!!!!

WOOT! WOOT!

I may not get back to my PC in time for the chat. Is there anybody out there who might be kind enough to save a copy of the tranwscript for me? I would appreciate it very much- Thanks!

OH WOW!!! THIS WOULD BE REALLY COOL!!!! first no weta renewal, then toybiz abandons the figures...so maybe LOTR is back on track? 1/4 figure may be too large for my displays perhaps 12 in. figures? one can only hope.

cant wait!!

oxbeard said:
Actually the 1/4 PF figures are not posable or 'bendy'. The earlier versions did have some poseability in the arms, but now that has been removed and they arrived in a pretty much fixed posed. The clothing is taylor made by Greg Mowry and Geppetto Productions, who do an excellent job and the fit is always outstanding. Definitely not 'too big for the body' that sometimes happens with 1/6 scale figures. 1/4 PF figures are a breed all their own and basically remeniscent of a 'mini wax museum like' display. Definitely would be a welcome addition to my collection :D

BTW Azog pointed out on statueforum that LOTRPREMIUMFORMAT also fits in the boxes. At first I though this would be very unlikely, but now I hope I was wrong. :banana

I see! Please excuse me, I'm not fully clued up on other Sideshow lines! I have Mulder and Scully so was using them as my example of what I thought any possible LOTR figures might be like....as much as I love my Mulder and Scully, I don't want many more of them in my room!
But what you mentioned sounds good.....I'll have to see what they're like!

The PFs are very far removed from the action figures. You might see similar figures in museums demonstrating how people of the past looked and dressed.

These ain't your grandma's Barbies!

FrodoEyes said:
I see! Please excuse me, I'm not fully clued up on other Sideshow lines! I have Mulder and Scully so was using them as my example of what I thought any possible LOTR figures might be like....as much as I love my Mulder and Scully, I don't want many more of them in my room!
But what you mentioned sounds good.....I'll have to see what they're like!

NP FrodoEyes. Most people that haven't seen the 1/4 PF's in person have many misconceptions about them. And then once these people actually see or purchase their first one, they are HOOKED. Just ask Creecher :winner

They trully can only be appreciated in person. The 1/4 line rocks :banana

FrodoEyes said:
OH, they're the same as Star Wars hey? Interesting.....

yeah that's right, premium format figures are those that you see from the star wars line. the x-men figures you are talking about are 12" figures. totally different :rolleyes:

they are about the same as statues but they have actual fabric on them :banana i think you'll love it. :joy

Yeah, there's no doubt that the 1/4 humans will be far superior to the Weta versions. I think this will bring prices on the SS/W stuff down even further. I'd love 1/4 versions of:

1. Lurtz in Armor
2. Gandalf the Grey
3. Frodo
4. Wiki in True Form
5. Ringwraith (possibly, this could be a problem to make)
6. Legolas
7. Gimli
8. Aragorn

I'm glad the LOTR 1/4's are happening!:banana

Sorry to necropost but looks like SS is using elwood49's 2005 wish list as their product list :lol

Back