1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if AOTC was chosen for a full line because it’s the best option for having the three main PT characters together.

None of the ROTS Padme outfits would really make great figures. Her Geonosis, Naboo Queen, Tatooine, and Theed Palace outfits are probably the best suited for figures but the Episode I outfits would not have a Hayden Anakin to pair with.

So Episode II feels like the best option to get the trio. They could finally release Geonosis Padme and also do AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan. Combining those with Yoda, Dooku, Jango, R2, 3PO, Phase 1 Clones, Clone Pilot, and Geonosis Battle Droids would feel like a pretty complete and impressive display.

Throw in Mace Windu and even just a few more Jedi and that’d be pretty amazing when put together. The Clone Officers would be icing on the cake.

Only key figures missing from the PT era at that point would be the ROTS Clones, ROTS Palpatine, TPM Obi-Wan, and Grievous. A TPM Padme would be nice but most people would probably just be happy with the Duel of the Fates fully represented for TPM.

Last edited:
Those May 4th reveals were so disappointing. Maybe worse than last year.

I'll get R2 but only because I missed the OT version.

Padame and Mace would have got everyone more excited. And where the hell is Clone Wars Kenobi? I want to get the just released Anakin but without
Kenobi it's pointless.

So Episode II feels like the best option to get the trio. They could finally release Geonosis Padme and also do AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan. Combining those with Yoda, Dooku, Jango, R2, 3PO, Phase 1 Clones, Clone Pilot, and Geonosis Battle Droids would feel like a pretty complete and impressive display.

Geonosis Padme also fits with Clone Wars since she wore that outfit in the series a few time as well.

I'll get R2 but only because I missed the OT version.

Padame and Mace would have got everyone more excited. And where the hell is Clone Wars Kenobi? I want to get the just released Anakin but without
Kenobi it's pointless.
Yes, I will get only the R2 as well. I will pair him up with the new Bespin Luke. I will dirty up the Luke a bit though.

I really was hoping the General Kenobi figure would have been released prior to the show, but maybe (positive thinking here) he makes an appearance with his gear in a flashback, so that is why Hot Toys hasn't released him as yet? I do understand the AOTC anniversary, but agree with some on this forum that there are more important figures/characters that could have been done.

Also waiting on a flippin' Greef from the Mando.....c'mon Hot Toys.

Geonosis Padme also fits with Clone Wars since she wore that outfit in the series a few time as well.

Yes I had that thought as well. Many PT figures can already serve double duty as TCW versions so the more they give us the better for TCW displays.

It’d be a little difficult to get his sleeves tucked in there, but it’s be cool if they could include Mace Windu’s TCW bracers and gloves like the second Clone Pilot helmet. Even if it’s a Deluxe option.

I wonder if AOTC was chosen for a full line because it’s the best option for having the three main PT characters together.

None of the ROTS Padme outfits would really make great figures. Her Geonosis, Naboo Queen, Tatooine, and Theed Palace outfits are probably the best suited for figures but the Episode I outfits would not have a Hayden Anakin to pair with.

Throw in Mace Windu and even just a few more Jedi and that’d be pretty amazing when put together. The Clone Officers would be icing on the cake.

Only key figures missing from the PT era at that point would be the ROTS Clones, ROTS Palpatine, TPM Obi-Wan, and Grievous. A TPM Padme would be nice but most people would probably just be happy with the Duel of the Fates fully represented for TPM.

Great post!

Your logic makes a lot of sense and I hope it comes to fruition. I would go all in on main cast and named characters for AOTC. There's so many great designs and set piece moments. I'm here for a Battle of Geonosis display, a final duel dipslay, or even an Anakin speeder bike solo display. There's so many options and that Geonosis scene is great because it brought every important character to one setting, even Jango and Yoda/Mace, who would otherwise never cross paths. A cool DX display for Padme (will never happen) could be the turned over chariot. You could have Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and whichever clones crowded around it aiming out at droids and Jango while Dooku watches.

Great post!

Your logic makes a lot of sense and I hope it comes to fruition. I would go all in on main cast and named characters for AOTC. There's so many great designs and set piece moments. I'm here for a Battle of Geonosis display, a final duel dipslay, or even an Anakin speeder bike solo display. There's so many options and that Geonosis scene is great because it brought every important character to one setting, even Jango and Yoda/Mace, who would otherwise never cross paths. A cool DX display for Padme (will never happen) could be the turned over chariot. You could have Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and whichever clones crowded around it aiming out at droids and Jango while Dooku watches.

1464ACA4-6BF1-46F7-B098-7F24987D0443.jpeg

Thank you, and agreed; hopefully we’ll get more figures for a big Geonosis display. Even without the chariot, it would look very dramatic to have the figures surrounded by Battle Droids while Dooku looks on.

I’m not even super into the big showy lightsaber spectacles but Geonosis is an exception. I appreciated that the Jedi were actually in a bind until Yoda arrives with the Clones. The rescue is still one of my favorite non OT moments.

And yes, Hot Toys does have a bad track record with completing lineups, but they do care about figure pairings with Star Wars to some degree. Even for the lines where they don’t go too deep, they do at least try to have a couple figures that go together.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Hot Toys released key characters like Qui-Gon and Darth Maul from TPM and Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS.

AOTC covers a lot of the bases with showing the core prequel characters in their primes. Not the best film, but lots of good characters to make figures from.

I’d still like for Hot Toys to revisit TPM with at least Obi-Wan as well as ROTS for Palpatine and maybe long shot General Grievous.

Sideshow has R2 and the White Clone as the best sellers so far, a bit surprising as this is the 3rd HT R2.

Sideshow has R2 and the White Clone as the best sellers so far, a bit surprising as this is the 3rd HT R2.

For some reason it seemed like a lot of people foolishly skipped the HT R2 deluxe because they already had the Sideshow. I really like the Sideshow R2 for the drink tray Jabba setup but the HT R2 with that glorious metal dome is in a class by itself.

For some reason it seemed like a lot of people foolishly skipped the HT R2 deluxe because they already had the Sideshow. I really like the Sideshow R2 for the drink tray Jabba setup but the HT R2 with that glorious metal dome is in a class by itself.

Me being one of them lol. I have no problem with my Sideshow R2, but this just looks so good.

Won't be pre-ordering it but I'll be getting this one as well.

I think people found it difficult to stomach the price for what they felt was a pint sized figure without appreciating the same level of engineering and production costs that goes into a figure regardless of height. The same folks who say figures of Yoda and Rocket should be like half priced.

And I’ve seen there are some who don’t think of the Droids as characters to spend that kind of money on… which is wrong because R2-D2 is the real MVP of Star Wars.

As often happens, it’s not until too late that regret sets in and by then the figure is double the price or more. Granted I think some were genuinely caught off guard by how relatively quickly it also sold out. Hot Toys didn’t seem to make as many as might’ve been expected.

I also like the Sideshow R2 a lot for what it is, but it’s leagues apart from the Hot Toys version when next to each other.

I think people found it difficult to stomach the price for what they felt was a pint sized figure without appreciating the same level of engineering and production costs that goes into a figure regardless of height. The same folks who say figures of Yoda and Rocket should be like half priced.

And I’ve seen there are some who don’t think of the Droids as characters to spend that kind of money on… which is wrong because R2-D2 is the real MVP of Star Wars.

As often happens, it’s not until too late that regret sets in and by then the figure is double the price or more. Granted I think some were genuinely caught off guard by how relatively quickly it also sold out. Hot Toys didn’t seem to make as many as might’ve been expected.

I also like the Sideshow R2 a lot for what it is, but it’s leagues apart from the Hot Toys version when next to each other.
That’s what always gets me, that the engineering that goes into a droid is often more advanced than any human character. Unique tooling, materials, hatches, and other gimmicks, all add value. They may not have a celebrity face sculpt, but they’re often marvels of design all the same.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Hot Toys released key characters like Qui-Gon and Darth Maul from TPM and Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS.

AOTC covers a lot of the bases with showing the core prequel characters in their primes. Not the best film, but lots of good characters to make figures from.

I’d still like for Hot Toys to revisit TPM with at least Obi-Wan as well as ROTS for Palpatine and maybe long shot General Grievous.
It's such a shame that Hot Toys only decided to start celebrating anniversaries of films last year. The Phantom Menace missed out on a proper 20th anniversary line in 2019.

Just thinking if this is a thing now what would we potentially see in the next few years...

2023 = Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary
2024 = The Phantom Menace 25th anniversary
2025 = Revenge of the Sith 20th anniversary
2026 = Rogue One 10th anniversary
2027 = A New Hope 50th anniversary

That's a whole lot of important anniversaries coming up. Can't wait to see what we get for Return of the Jedi next year. I can't see them delving too deep into the Jabba's Palace characters.

Would guess it could also be related to the Mandalorian Luke Skywalker. Many, including myself, were hoping for a two pack including R2. Obviously this version has the thrusters but I don't think that will stop some from picking this up. Unlike this particular version of 3P0, he really works in just about whatever display you want to include him with.

Back