1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read all the Legacy novels authored by Traviss; but most especially avoid the final novel by whoever: logical fallacies. a brutal mistreatment of the Mandalorian ethos and the Fett bloodline, the most unremarkable end-game final battle EVER and I cant even remember what else. It was -so- bad, y'all. So bad. Why they did not give that book to Traviss to write is an eternal mystery.

Jacen Solo is an unlikeable little prat who never listens to his advisors and thinks he knows everything. Well.... not. Really, Jacen is a poor excuse for a "Sith" and at the end a bunch of Sith Force ghosts should have manifested and just kicked his posterior all OVER the room. Where is Malgus or Bane when you need them? For that matter, where is Maul's Force ghost, Maul hated incompetence. Jacen made the whole title of "Sith" look bad, what a disgrace to the concept. Absolutely hated him and his countrified barefoot little "protege." Tahiri or whatever her name was.

The bounty hunter wars are great but legacy of the force and fate of the Jedi were a mixed bag.
the worse thing was the stretching of characters storylines And comic book style excuses To avoid a confrontation

Jacen Solo is an unlikeable little prat

:lol

Love the EU but it kind of jumped the shark with the Vong war. Killed off characters for shock value without much payoff* and then some characters just became weird or unlikable after that point.** Couldn't get invested in anything from around that time period which will now be referred to as the Jacen Prat Era.

*A lesson clearly not learned by anyone working on TFA and TLJ.

**A lesson clearly not learned by anyone working on TLJ and TROS.

Love the EU but it kind of jumped the shark with the Vong war. Killed off characters for shock value without much payoff* and then some characters just became weird or unlikable after that point.** Couldn't get invested in anything from around that time period which will now be referred to as the Jacen Prat Era.

I agree. I loved a lot of the Eu. I hated the entire vong storyline. Pure garbage. Nothing can top the original thrawn trilogy for me. I loved it and thought it was a great a logical sequel to rotj. I enjoyed many of the books and thought Lucas waited too long. He should have done 7.8, 9 while the main cast was younger.

I agree. I loved a lot of the Eu. I hated the entire vong storyline. Pure garbage. Nothing can top the original thrawn trilogy for me. I loved it and thought it was a great a logical sequel to rotj. I enjoyed many of the books and thought Lucas waited too long. He should have done 7.8, 9 while the main cast was younger.

Definitely. Loved the New Republic era in general the most personally. X-Wing was my favorite. Must’ve read the Rogue and Wraith Squadron books dozens of times.

Thrawn, Jedi Academy, Dark Empire; a lot of amazing books, comics, and games from that time.

Vong kinda threw everything out the window with the trademark early/mid 00’s dark and edgy takes on stories and settings. Didn’t care for the Vong and post invasion era and lost interest. I thought Legacy was alright though.

There’s a lot of the EU that jumped the shark, to be honest. The EU definitely had some timeless stuff and it’s a shame so much of it is already being forgotten about, but I understand why Disney had to do it. It was just getting silly and far fetched.

I do think a massive mistake was Disney not selecting some of the EU stuff to carry over. I know that’s a fine line. But entities like Shadows of the Empire, the Rogue Squadron book series, the Thrawn book series, and the Kyle Katarn stuff would have translated really nicely to give them some story points to help launch their new movies and series with.

Definitely. Loved the New Republic era in general the most personally. X-Wing was my favorite. Must’ve read the Rogue and Wraith Squadron books dozens of times.

Thrawn, Jedi Academy, Dark Empire; a lot of amazing books, comics, and games from that time.

Vong kinda threw everything out the window with the trademark early/mid 00’s dark and edgy takes on stories and settings. Didn’t care for the Vong and post invasion era and lost interest. I thought Legacy was alright though.
The vong We’re kind of interesting but the destruction was taken too far for too long.
I quite liked jacen falling to the dark side but it was definitely stretched out.
abeloth and the return of the sith was too much for sure.
still so much goodness thou……

if a figure (hot toys) misses it‘s estimated shipping time doesn’t SS refund the whole amount if cancelled, or do you still lose the NRD?

if a figure (hot toys) misses it‘s estimated shipping time doesn’t SS refund the whole amount if cancelled, or do you still lose the NRD?
When I canceled Kuill I got the whole amount (NRD included) refunded from Sideshow.
I was also refunded the whole amount when I canceled the latest Wonder Woman figure.

I think next SW announcement is probably Cassian Andor.

May the Gods of 1/6 collecting hear you. Hoped for an announcement today. Maybe later this week. Andor or not, next Star Wars announcement should drop when Shiny and/or Jessie get released in HK.

Next shipping for Star Wars is probably Jesse since he’s technically late. But the Shiny Clone could drop in HK at the same time.

Next Star Wars announcement might be Tech and Wrecker with The Bad Batch airing and some room opening up in the Clone slate.

Not sure what Hot Toys is doing about Andor. Hope they plan on making at least Cassian but sometimes the announcements for these shows come much later.

The schedule for the rest of the year should be full with ROTJ 40th, Mando Season 3, and Ahsoka.

Back