1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars is struggling with toy sales. I think soon we will see the direction change and go back to the well, classic movie characters.

I think they will lean heavily into making up and anniversay realeases.
We can only hope.

Would be nice if the franchise as a whole had a direction change...

Star Wars is struggling with toy sales. I think soon we will see the direction change and go back to the well, classic movie characters.

I think they will lean heavily into making up and anniversay realeases.
It helps that there's about to be a huge void in Star Wars. Andor season 2 needs about another month of filming, which is probably shutting down with the strike now. The Acolyte just finished filming. Bad Batch season 3 is still in the works. Everything else that was supposed to be coming after Ahsoka is either cancelled or in development still.

Depending on how long this strike goes on for where no one is working on Star Wars, that's a long time with nothing new. Which means they can dive deeper into existing properties to fill the void, and maybe get to some things that haven't been done yet to keep people interesting.

It helps that there's about to be a huge void in Star Wars. Andor season 2 needs about another month of filming, which is probably shutting down with the strike now. The Acolyte just finished filming. Bad Batch season 3 is still in the works. Everything else that was supposed to be coming after Ahsoka is either cancelled or in development still.

Depending on how long this strike goes on for where no one is working on Star Wars, that's a long time with nothing new. Which means they can dive deeper into existing properties to fill the void, and maybe get to some things that haven't been done yet to keep people interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. After Ahsoka and possibly/probably a number of figures from that show, it'll be quiet for some while which improves chances of seeing some unique figures we would never have expected to see.

But HT will probably use the time to pump out Clone variants... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hot Toys used to have some sort of pattern with a release and then a reveal from the same IP in the last few years. With so many Star Wars releases since may 4th and no new reveal for more than two months, they are getting me excited for a slate of new reveals during Sideshow Con next week.

Last edited:
Hot Toys used to have some sort of pattern with a release and then a reveal from the same IP in the last few years. With so many Star Wars releases since may 4th and no new reveal for more than two months, they are getting me excited for a slate of new reveals during Sideshow Con next week.
I hope a next wave of ROTJ figures is displayed. I'm pretty good with the prequel and disney stuff that's been put out to date. Really need ROTJ amped up!

When I look at my collection it consists of the main OT rebels, prequel Jedi, Clone Wars Anakin and Ahsoka along with Mando Luke, Ahsoka and Mando himself. I am not into troopers even though they look cool. I enjoyed Season 1 and 2 of Mando, season 3 less so, Book of Boba Fett less, had huge hopes for Kenobi but despite Ewan being superb the show itself had huge problems. I enjoyed Andor a lot. But when it comes down to it I find the OT is what I care about the most, followed by the PT and Clone Wars. I can see myself letting the Mando figure go, will keep the Luke and Ahsoka. While I enjoy certain aspects of the new Disney Star Wars, a lot of it just leaves me feeling empty. I have no desire to own figures from those shows (amazing figures they are though). Just hope we can get more of the main OT characters and more prequel Jedi, in that order really.

Ahsoka feels like my last chance to care about Disney Star Wars. The ST fizzled, Kenobi was ok, Mando took a nose dive, and Andor, while good, didn't set my soul on fire. I really want Ahsoka to be great because Filoni is writing and directing.

Based on the trailer, I'm interested in Ahsoka (with LED sabers), Sabine, Ezra, Chopper, Thrawn, Baylon, and Shin. We also know Hayden is in the show, so I'll take any Anakin figure. It could be a great line if HT gets onboard and the show is great.

Sideshow and as a result Hot Toys won't be at SDCC.

Sideshow have their own event starting Tuesday and will have a limited amount of new figures to show.

The big Hot Toys event is Hong Kong Ani-Com starting on the 28th.

I would expect teasers to be popping up for the next 2 weeks.

Hot Toys

4 m ·
Hot Toys is delighted to announce a brand-new series covering works that represents our ambition.

Expect to meet the legendary Star Wars character as our Top-Notch figure shortly.

361948043_667012738796075_7737727247550418241_n.jpg

2222.jpg
223.jpg

Their answer to InArt?

Their answer to InArt?
Looks like it.
Glad to see HT is feeling the pressure of competition, last time was what, Enterbay maybe 15 or so years ago??

HT have been returning to leather on some parts, moving eyes on more figures, updating dodgy sculpts, shortening wait times between PO and release and now doing rooted hair again.

Amazing what just one new competitor can do to get HT to stop being complacent. Now imagine if there were like 3 big competitors.

After seeing this my wallet is currently in the corner rocking having a cold sweat 😰
This things gonna be pricey expecting a $400 price tag 🏷️

New headsculpt, rooted hair, moving eyes, leather outfit (probably), and LED saber? Easily worth the upgrade for me. I love my OG Anakin, but there's room for both in my collection.

Back