Nier Automata Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally waiting for acg art
434261380_1400975277229614_3441208499311942994_n.png

they just launched their tifa for pre-order and it looks amazing

I ordered the Master Team one for the Pod stand but the ACG Headsculpt is way better so I anticipate ordering that one, too, lol.

Yeah the "realistic" sculpt is the only 2b sculpt that look like ingame 2b. I got both P1 2b statues (1/3 and white 2p in 1/4) and they are awesome but both are too "pretty".

So the top manufacturer contender for 2b is SGD (I love their realistic 2b from the above image)? is GT making one?

SGD updated their pre-order page so now you can choose between the two different heads or get both. For those that pre-ordered prior to this update, the default head will be the Realistic version.

However, should you wish to change that or get both, you can contact them to update your order (if you ordered directly with them) - they may have already sent out an e-mail about the change.

If you want the both heads, the cost will be $200 USD for the additional head.

With how happy and satisfied I am with SGD Tifa, I'm seriously considering also getting 2B because I also loved the game. I also have a little Super Duck 2B which I love, but a 1/3 or 1/2 scale doll would also be awesome! It's really a space issue that one has to consider when buying SDG dolls because they're almost 3 feet tall and they make 1/6 scale toys look puny (think Attack on Titan).

Seriously, if you look at SGD dolls from an artistic perspective, there's a lot to appreciate. The skin texture, the nails on the fingers, the great range of posability, the beautiful realistic colors, the lines on the palm of the hands, lots of cool details like that.

There's only one issue I found with SGD Tifa, and that's a little bit of hair shedding. You have to be gentle with the hair. Actually, it's better to just use your hand to stroke the hair instead of using a comb/brush because the hair still gets fixed and styled into position even with just your hand. I do hope that with SGD 2B, they'd somehow improve the hair implantation to make it less susceptible to hair shedding. Oh yeah, you also have to wash the hair and shampoo it once to remove the weird chemical smell, after that, all's good!

I'm pretty confident that SGD 2B will be able to hold her sword. SGD Tifa's wrist is quite strong and holds into position well. You can make it move up and down, and you can also make it rotate at the base. The fingers are also very good and you can bend them realistically. The flesh/meat is actually strong because one time while posing SGD Tifa near the piano, her fingers accidentally hit the piano hard but it never damaged her. The wires inside her fingers remained intact and didn't poke out at all.

The only wish I have is for an improvement on the stand. SGD Tifa's stand is very static. It's just a heavy base with a metal pole with another metal segment that you can insert in SGD Tifa's metallic hole near the center of her back. It doesn't really provide that much freedom to make SGD Tifa pose in more battle ready stances. I want SGD to provide a stand that is similar to the Figuarts stands where the stand's build to be moved around utilizing different angles and you can actually lift the doll in the air and make them perform flying kicks or all sorts of acrobatics. SGD 2B is not going to use the back hole stand style and it seems like it will use a TBLeague style stand that has those prongs designed to hold the doll at the crotch area. That still won't provide freedom to do battle poses with SGD 2B.

The costume has gone a long way from the initial one SGD 2B wore where it was lacking details like those feather-like things on her sleeves. Very nice. I especially love the details on her "Virtuous Contract" sword, I think that's its name.

But shouldn't 2B not be so well-endowed? She's more like the slim but elegant type as I remember in the game and anime. Anyway I love her two faces, both are very beautiful. I want her to be as accurate as possible.

Yes, SGD has done a lot of work. I learned that they have made the following optimizations. I am looking forward to the work.
1. The latest alloy frame, more flexible.
2. Upgraded silicone material, tear-resistant and easy to stretch
3. The body of SGD002 will use jelly chest technology, and the hand rod will be better
4. Artistic makeup technology, makeup is not easy to fall off, skin texture and skin color are more realistic,
5. Self-developed upgraded hyper-realistic eyeball structure, which can be easily moved by hand without the help of tools
6. The back opening is cancelled, and the crotch crystal base bracket is upgraded
7. The sculpture itself is equipped with classic game black combat suits, and customers with early bird benefits can get SGD studio self-designed camouflage combat suits.

Wait are these like… adult toys? I always thought it was a regular 1/6th figure this entire time omg
The SGD is 1/3 scale, but more closer to 1/2 scale (like their prior Tifa release). The movable version has "adult" parts, the static statue version doesn't.

Yup they're anatomically correct! Just like 1/6 TBLeague but around 3 feet tall. I remember buying some TBLeague for an Arnold Schwarzenegger body type and a Bruce Lee body type and got shocked when they came with detachable "juniors". SGD is better quality though, and much better paint, especially when it comes to skin texture and make-up. The paint and make-up for SGD Tifa so far have not faded so that's good. TBLeague paint fades easily. I've got SGD Tifa and she's awesome, very posable. I'm getting SGD 2B as well just because of how impressed I am with SGD Tifa, plus I also love the Nier game.

Anyway it seems they lowered the production numbers this time around. They made 1,999 SGD Tifas, but they're only making 299 Dynamic SGD 2Bs and 199 Static versions. I wonder why the sudden drop in numbers. Their SGD Tifa sold out everywhere actually, so it's not like it wasn't a success.

Yup they're anatomically correct! Just like 1/6 TBLeague but around 3 feet tall. I remember buying some TBLeague for an Arnold Schwarzenegger body type and a Bruce Lee body type and got shocked when they came with detachable "juniors". SGD is better quality though, and much better paint, especially when it comes to skin texture and make-up. The paint and make-up for SGD Tifa so far have not faded so that's good. TBLeague paint fades easily. I've got SGD Tifa and she's awesome, very posable. I'm getting SGD 2B as well just because of how impressed I am with SGD Tifa, plus I also love the Nier game.

Anyway it seems they lowered the production numbers this time around. They made 1,999 SGD Tifas, but they're only making 299 Dynamic SGD 2Bs and 199 Static versions. I wonder why the sudden drop in numbers. Their SGD Tifa sold out everywhere actually, so it's not like it wasn't a success.
Mind showing a photo? Just curious to see what it looks like! If you don’t mind!

Sure, actually I've got videos of her! I'm sure SGD 2B will be as good or better than her. Actually, SGD 2B's skeleton has been upgraded, so now SGD 2B will be able to shrug her shoulders and have more articulation than SGD Tifa. They all have movable fingers as well.

I think Tifa would have benefited from having a statue option like 2B in a limit break pose for example. I'm always afraid to pose seamless. The statue version of 2B will have a more natural look to it at well imo, especially when it comes to seamless elbows and knees

Back