Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I would love to see Neca re-do the 1st films gremlins. They can release stripe, with saw blade, crossbow, pistol, and chainsaw!
The others can be 2 regular gremlins with various accessories: playing cards, moms cookie, hand puppet, hammer, string of x-mas lights, weapons, and a cloth ski mask (for this they would have to make the gremlins ears removable...which they could easily do).

I would army build!!!

i do like the new mohawk with machine gun as well!

Yeah I agree. They've gotten to a point with their Gremlins figures, that the original movie figures just don't hold up. They need to at least redo Stripe. I'm dying to have a good quality figure of him. I'd love to have a dying Stripe as well, the melting, skeletal version.

I forgot to add, now that they've finally done the spider Mohawk, the final thing I need from this line (besides a redone Stripe) is the awesome bat gremlin. They really need to get him made before they end this line, it would be a real shame if they didn't.

Last edited:
Yes, we need a bat gremlin....and the salad gremlin too.
Gremlin_bat.jpg

244594-aaheader.jpg

Last edited:
They need to drop the Mogwai and carry on with the Gremlins them selves there are still lots to choose from.

I have been campaigning for a rerelease of Stripe or preferably a new Stripe i keep asking my suppliers to get on at Randy about it.

I'd like to see them finish off the mogwai. There aren't that many left. Do the first prototype run, followed up by another wave of Earl and the last two prototype mogwai. Then give us a box set or final wave of the final three mogwai from the first batch. I think after they finish with the mogwai they should expand the series runs to 5-6 gremlins per run. They still have plenty of gremlins from both movies to do. I think with Bat gremlin they could do a regular release and then do a concrete bat as a con excusive. would love to see more love for the gremlins from the first film. Really looking forward to the cocoons and melted witch gremlin.

Randy is saying on twitter that retailers/distributors aren't ordering enough of Series 3, and that the figures in that series are too tooling intensive and expensive to make for the numbers they're getting to be even close to profitable.
Sounds like we won't be getting any cocoons, or the witch, or Greta (again), or Tattoo, or Mohawk w/ Uzi, let alone Bat and Veggie.

This is what i expected i thought with the interest on the Spider Gremlin that we would see more Gremlins made.

I think the only way we are ever going to see Stripe and Mohawk made is if NECA sell them at a premium price.

Ugh... If NECA would smart-up and offer a new Stripe, the Gremlins would sell like pancakes... seriously...
They could offer 2 different ones in 2 different series. A regular one with some accessories like video game console and one with a trike.

Just joining in on the discussion. Here are my credentials :wave

Love the Neca line of Mogwai but really more into 1:1 scale replicas. I'd too would like to see Stripe not to mention a third sequel to the movie.

Randy is saying on twitter that retailers/distributors aren't ordering enough of Series 3, and that the figures in that series are too tooling intensive and expensive to make for the numbers they're getting to be even close to profitable.
Sounds like we won't be getting any cocoons, or the witch, or Greta (again), or Tattoo, or Mohawk w/ Uzi, let alone Bat and Veggie.

No! Is this the official word on the Gremlins figures? I'm going to be severely disappointed if we don't at least get Greta and Tattoo, and especially that updated Mohawk with the Uzi, let alone any others ...

If customers are willing to pay more let NECA know and may be some of the more sort after Gremlins could be made as limited editions like the Spider-Gremlin.

I think this is the only way that this line will continue. What would you be willing to pay for your favourite Gremlins to be made?

The Gremlins line currently sells at £14-£15 in the UK with recent price increases on all lines i would now estimate £16-£17 But would you be willing to pay £22-£25 per figure.

Amok Time recently raised all there prices on there figures which are not as articulated but well painted and very detailed. They also include a diorama display stand. from £19.95 to £23-£25 retail and i do think they are worth the extra money.

I have sold NECA products since the company began and i have seen a lot of price hikes over the years. The one thing that is consistent is NECA gives the collectors what they want.

The Spider-Gremlin looks incredible i don't think it would look any where near as good if it had come out years ago when it was first shown. NECA have grown and grown as a company and there product has improved greatly.

I think that the NECA products have gotten better over the years. I'd be willing to pay a little more if it gets the line to continue. If it ends up being a substantial increase then I'd line the fans to be able to vote for a fan favorite to get made in each series.

I would definitely be willing to pay a higher price for these figures. Probably not for the mogwais, now that they've made just about all of the main characters, but DEFINITELY for the Gremlins. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I wouldn't bat an eye at a $5 price jump. I haven't enjoyed a toy line this much in YEARS.

I'd pay premium price for this license on a bigger possibly 1:1 scale, however, they really need to step it up on the paint. Some of the Gremlin puppets have such sloppy details of paint almost like it was "hand painted" by a child. I just got the E.T. Puppet and same as the Gremlins, awesome iconic representation but unfortunately has same sloppy hand painting. Still love it but they need to realize that iconic figures like these really need more painting accuracy and more love than what they are currently doing.

Bigger is better for me and I love replicas 1:1 s scale movie artifacts :rotfl

Are series 4 "expanded universe" Mogwai's? Where are they from?
These and those "Kenner's" Predators are very easy passes for me.

I'm still going to pick them up with the hope that they continue the line. Really want Earl and the other mogwai from the first movie. Plus don't want them to stop the line before we get the melting witch, cocoon, veggie, 3-D glasses and a few other gremlins from the first movie.

I'm still going to pick them up with the hope that they continue the line. Really want Earl and the other mogwai from the first movie. Plus don't want them to stop the line before we get the melting witch, cocoon, veggie, 3-D glasses and a few other gremlins from the first movie.

I'll second that one! I'm not too big on the new "concept" mogwais, but my girlfriend thinks they're cute, so I'm gonna get them for her with the hopes that we at least get one more series of Gremlins.

Back