official vcd spidey pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
sweet!!

I'm buying them both

4331_press01-001.jpg

4331_press02-001.jpg

4330_press01-001.jpg

4330_press02-001.jpg

Dang those are sweet....too bad they're $60 each though!!!! :monkey4

I'd pick them up but a lot of the other stuff (Medicom RAH especially the Spidey 3 figures,Hot Toys Powerloader) takes priority to me!

Man those look awesome!

By the way, the first thing I noticed was that Sideshow finally took a decent picture of something! It's a day to remember!

Where's Venom? Look great! I got regular Spidey on order, later through the year I'll sneak the others in.:monkey5

I'm sorry, I don't get the fascination with these at all. I hate the SW ones and I hate these. They look like something you'd by a toddler. Not trying to sound like a snob or elitist, but how can they look good in a collection of PF's and comiquettes?

Would you take Shaak Ti in VCD format? :D

I do agree with you. Although these toys are very high quality, their design feeds the perceptions to most, that they belong in the clearance aisle in K-mart. But they are very nice - I have a TIE pilot.

I'd have to really think about that one :monkey1

They look cute and all, but that's kinda my point. They look like a cute toy. It just seems like a weak effort to put out another medium for characters that have already been done to death.

Darth Loki said:
I'm sorry, I don't get the fascination with these at all. I hate the SW ones and I hate these. They look like something you'd by a toddler. Not trying to sound like a snob or elitist, but how can they look good in a collection of PF's and comiquettes?

doing a poor job then :D

Different strokes man. I don't collect statues I collect toys. SO they're good for me.:chew

I never got into VCDs but I will admit these look pretty cool. I'm interested to see what changes have been made to Venom....

To each his own. I don't personally like them but I know there are those out there that do. There are also people who collect bobble heads :monkey4

Darth Loki said:
They look cute and all, but that's kinda my point. They look like a cute toy. It just seems like a weak effort to put out another medium for characters that have already been done to death.

You've been drinking the PF brew again! It does it every time. :duff

Personally I don't get the statue thing myself. They're delicate, don't do anything and though they look cool, how much more "mature" or "respectable" are statues and PF's to toys? They're still of characters or subjects from "nerdy" or "dorky" subjects, soooo someone who is out of the loop will still think you're a total geek. If you haved a Punisher statue vs. a VCD, not many people outside the collecting world will think "what a mature and grown up collection." I'm not saying that's what you think, by the way, but some people get that mentality. I get mostly confusion over stacks of toys, but more of a wonderment kind of confusion. People, when they see my toys, kind of warp back to a time when they were kids and everything was innocent and fun then they grow up in an instant and are confused over why I have them. But we all have different things we like. These are fun, that's the main reason I like them. Pricey, but whatever, to me worth it!

I'm picking up a whole load of RAH's but I'm gonna buy at least one of the VCD's since I think they look great.

I'll go with either Venom or Symbiote, still got plenty of time to make my mind up as they won't be out for a while.

I think they'll look cool posed with the Spider-Man RAH's rather than with a statue or bust collection though.

My G/F loves these and wants one for herself, she isn't usually into ANY of my collectibles but already has two of the SW ones.

They're very stylised so they won't be everyone's taste.

I agree, extremely nice pics. They are very cute, unfortunately for me, the lack of outstanding spiderman 3 products make me like these in comparison. Ordered them. They look great and well designed. It's surprising how good they look. Didn't get into the SW's ones, which I thought were okay looking.

For those that do own any of Medicom's VCDs...are they just made out of a tough plastic?Besides the license fees that are tacked on,what really warrants the high price point on these figures?

I mean $30-$40 I think I could understand....but $60 is way too expensive for me.

I think I may just get Hasbro's Spiderman 3 Superhero Squad figures instead for some "Cute" Spidey 3 characters.

691662650_mai.jpg

Source and more pics:
https://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=A6C74CC7-D56F-E112-45800CE299E1E36C

Back