official vcd spidey pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH ho sir, time for a swift explanation of Japanese vinyl. NO It's not just tough plastic, they use MULTIPLE plastics and vinyls (for different textures) in 1 mold, timing the release of each dif. kind. You get multiple layers of different textures fitting the character perfectly. I think Darth Vader is the best example of how great these are, especially when you take his helmet off. Dealing with vinyl I guess is kind of expensive, that's why these are usually "limited." They look amazing in person, and give off a better surface look. Also, they're articulated , but not much, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, leg, ankles, neck. But they're MORE than just glorified BK Toys. They're really nice, plus they have to be imported from Japan. So $60 is a little steep, if these things aren't your thing, but I love them (and collect other Japanese vinyl) and so $60 is not bad. There is a huge difference in hand of Medicom VCD's vs. the BK Toys. Also, they're bigger than a lot of people would think, 9" about.

Back