Old School Halcyon Space Jockey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is unreal... I had that kit years ago, but never thought it could look this good :rock

Sadly for most of us, sitting there with our air-fix glue, a tub of poster paints, fat brushes and the patience and mentality that it had to be built and painted in 1.5 hrs.... it never would 'quite' look this good... sigh!:banghead

Thanks all. Yep, it's a tiny little sum_____, but it does have great detailing. Heck, if it weren't for old model kits like these, I wouldn't be a customizer today. Like most pieces I finish for others, I really wish I could keep this one for myself. I do have one that I built back when I got it when they were new, but never finished it. If I ever get the time again...

Stunning, and amazing in such a small scale! Looks tons better than my AP Palisades. Want to repaint that for me?

That would be interesting. You mean this one?
SpaceJock1.JPG

I hate to say it, but the detail on this one isn't even as good (accurate) as the tiny Halcyon one. It sure could use a new paint job though. I can do that.

Welcome to the thread. You're late. Yes, Halcyon produced the one I painted. The other one is Palisades.

I had all those Halcyon kits, but few of them fully lived up to my expectations. The Alien, which was recast from the old Kenner 18", was the whole reason I got into models. I had the 18" when I was like 5, but because the head glowed in the dark and scared me, my mom tossed it. I always wanted it back, but before the internet, how the hell could I find one. Then Halcyon came out with the model kit based on it. As long as I had that, why not all the other kits. As long as Alien stuff, why not RoboCop, Terminator, Predator, Star Wars, Batman, all the Screamin' horror kits, etc. And then Sideshow and Hot Toys made all those useless, and here we go again.

I did eventually find the old Kenner 18" again, but damn is that thing inaccurate. Still one of the all time classic toys of yesteryear though. The NECA one wipes its ass with the Kenner one, but hopefully the Sideshow maquette will wipe its ass with the NECA version.

If it wasnt for model kits, we would have such detailed 1/6 figures.... I miss model kits, lets make them popular again!

Only in comics, I think. But the upcoming Ridley Scott Alien prequel could shed light on it soon.

Wookster, interesting find. It almost looks like the same piece, but the detail isn't quite as accurate. I can't believe they are asking so much for it. How big is this thing?
5890594x.jpg

If only I had the time and the space I would be very happy to get back into model kits. This is very motivating but if all else fails SlientSurfer I'll give you a PM about a Robocop 2 Cain Argonauts Kit that I have partially build never got to painting. You can PM me if you think you would like to do it.
cain.jpg

1057084861_4a7d802bfa_b.jpg

Only in comics, I think. But the upcoming Ridley Scott Alien prequel could shed light on it soon.

Wookster, interesting find. It almost looks like the same piece, but the detail isn't quite as accurate. I can't believe they are asking so much for it. How big is this thing?
5890594x.jpg

It said on the site that it's 18" wide and 12" high... so it's pretty big considering the lack of detail.

That Space Jockey pictured is the HCG released early last year, I believe. Really lacking detail and nice paint applications. That's a shame, it could have been a wonderful piece. But I have that release to thank for forcing me to finally track down a Palisades version. Still not the best it could be, but suits my collection for now. I want something bigger and more detailed with stunning paint applications, but I'm pretty sure that will never happen because this is such a fringe piece it would not warrant another mass production. But, I would welcome a go at it from Sideshow. Maybe not even the entire thing, but maybe in a diorama style close up with Dallas and Lambert checking him out around the torso and head area with just a quarter or third of the gun included and some of the seat.

What do you think Sideshow? Do it!

...if all else fails SlientSurfer I'll give you a PM about a Robocop 2 Cain Argonauts Kit that I have partially build never got to painting. You can PM me if you think you would like to do it.
cain.jpg

1057084861_4a7d802bfa_b.jpg

Wow, that old kit! I actually did build one of these before. One of the hardest kits ever to build. Such a pain in the ass, and so tiny. I think the whole thing stands about 6", if that, when done. There was so much detail lacking on it, and I had heard (once upon a fairytale time) that Hot Toys was going to do CAIN, so I sold it on eBay. It would take a mumental amount of effort and time to make that kit look like that second picture of the actual CAIN. I could do it, but I'd put in so many hours (having done one before) that it is totally cost prohibitive for you to pay me to do it. Argonauts CAIN and the 1/4 Terminator Endo were the worst trouble to build.

Back