Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We really need a Silver Savage to compliment this now.
This in the same scale would be awesome...
phulk_zpsecc4b79b.jpg

Too many posers seeking to shead the stigma of their lack of hulk knowledge/ shame in order to justify buying this superd statue!
I am not one who would tell people how to collect. Personally I would never buy a piece that I did not have some sort of attachment to. I actually tried that once and kept the piece for about two days.

With Skaar and Gladiator Hulk, I just gotta have a Caiera PF to complete the family.
Caiera is a must

Im sure there are going to be people buying this statue because it is a great looking statue..If they have comic knowledge or not. They might be a fan of the movie or just a fan of hulk in general and can appreciate the great art of the statue. Looks great!
No question that will be and is already the case.
I didn't know you have to be knowledgeable about a character to qualify for a purchase, I bought many pieces in the past not being an avid reader or even too familiar and found the sculpt striking and had to buy it, attakus is a good example their stuff is pretty obscure to me but must have pieces.
People get protective of their hero's. It kills them to know that a fav. character will be on someone's display and they don't know the character or the story. It's like they did not earn it, like they are runner's that did not run in the race but got the trophie anyways. I must admit that it seems strange to me for someone to buy a statue that has no sentimental value but that is just me.

Poseurs must die.
:lol Shai is very protective of his hero's
I'm buying it regardless because it's Hulk, whom I've always liked, and he's a gladiator. Figure it would be fun to read up on, too.
The rule should be that you have to at least read the story before you buy a statue ;)
I am the opposite. Read the storyline and loved it, but I'm passing on this statue. It's beautiful and I'm sure will take your breath away in person, but I like my Hulk shirtless and in purple pants.
Fully understand that. It is hulks greatest story and such a great statue that it has become a must own for me. Still wish you could make it a WWH
We really need a Silver Savage to compliment this now.

We need a Caiera first.

Last edited:
The placement of the silver savages shield is what keeps the piece from being truly sought after piece.

I have dio and I love it. The placement of the Surfer and Hulk are only a problem if you connect the bases with the peg on the Surfers base. I didn't. The way they are set up, I have no problems with either piece. The Hulk is almost directly on top of the Surfer with his huge ax about to split him in 2. The Surfer's board is just outside the Hulk's right thigh and they are looking directly into each others eyes. Believe me he needs that board exactly where it's at to block the coming blow from the Hulk. I really hate that they put a peg on the Surfer's base because if you do lock the bases together, I think it forces the dio into a less appealing display option. The peg in the Surfer's base and the hole in the Hulk's base are unnecessary. It's not like collectors couldn't figure out how to display these pieces without them. :slap

IMHO, the only thing that stopped this piece from being sought after is the ridiculous ES on it. If I remember correctly, this was the last item SSC offered without the NRD. So many peeps ordered then cancelled this piece, that SSC was left with a boatload of these in stock. It's funny, it was those flakes that ran up the ES to begin with. Imagine if there were only 500 EX pieces made instead of nearly double that. I truly believe we would be having a different conversation about how sought after this dio is in the aftermarket.

To me this piece was best displayed as separate statues and/or displaying above or at eye level.

I have mine reversed from the pic shown here. You get a much better looking display for it that way. You also get to see all of the Surfer that way. The shield doesn't cut off his body when the dio is displayed in the opposite position from the pic above. I do have it displayed with my Bowen pieces. It's displayed at just under eye level on the second shelf of my detolf. It is an AWESOME looking dio. IMHO, it's one of SSC's very best.

Going into the collection room now to see what your view point looks like. I have it displayed but I would say that it's far from a prefect setup.

When you look at it displayed, Surfer should be on your left and Hulk on your right. Do not connect the bases. Turn the Hulks base until he is looking directly at the Surfer and angle the Surfers board until it is just under the Hulk's left shoulder and above his left thigh. It should be as close to that gap as possible. That's how I have mine displayed. You will see the peg and hole in the bases since they aren't connected, but it doesn't bother me. Especially since it looks so much better displayed this way. At least IMO it does.

Last edited:
For everyone that ordered from an AD (like me) be sure to contact your seller and make sure there order will actually be filled. My AD told me that the allocations for this piece are severe and they actually tried to reduce how many they were letting him sell after he sold through his initial allocation! He said he got them to honor their initial number but other sellers might not be so fortunate.

For everyone that ordered from an AD (like me) be sure to contact your seller and make sure there order will actually be filled. My AD told me that the allocations for this piece are severe and they actually tried to reduce how many they were letting him sell after he sold through his initial allocation! He said he got them to honor their initial number but other sellers might not be so fortunate.

Cool, hope the es is not giant

What do you some of you collector's that care about ES. Think this ES will ultimately end up being?

I was looking at the Ironman bust that keeps getting pushed back and it has 3000.

Being that it's Hulk albeit not the original Hulk. I'm thinking probably 3000-3500 ES on this one.

Back