Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it truly does include the cape I'll buy it. But otherwise I'm not too sure.

But honestly I can't imagine it'll include a full cape. Just imagine not only the size of the box but also the cost.

Well the cape in the picture is clearly blue. No one said it was going to be cheap! Haha. Perhaps it ships with 2 heads and just a few inches of the upper torso like the Arkham Knight Batman busts. So the bust you get has a blue cape that fixed to the torso. That would be far less exciting.

His color's pretty much inconsistent throughout the book anyway, Mezco even profited from it by releasing too many variants of their 1/12 :lol. The cover to book 2 has battle-damaged Batman with fat-bat emblem wearing blue cowl, cape, gauntlets and boots. It's a brighter blue than this bust though, so another possible variant?:lol

And yes! He's smiling! Always wanted to have a Batman statue with his mean smile, that I thought of sculpting one when I get my P1 Miller Batman figure. If this bust is 1/3 with head that could fit on the full figure like their AK Batman, I'd love if they would also make one in black. If it's $250 like their AK bust it would be a better deal for me than getting the EX which is now @ $400 more compared to the Reg.

I'm not sure if someone's mentioned this before (heck I can't even remember if I have mentioned this before :lol) but just now I saw Del Otto's TDKIII variant again and I am reminded of the possibility that P1's sculpt was heavily influenced by his art :)

NOW WHERE CAN I GET A POSTER OF THIS ARTWORK
7bc2a4f9c42798c820d451b9f4b45f70.jpg

I'm not sure if someone's mentioned this before (heck I can't even remember if I have mentioned this before :lol) but just now I saw Del Otto's TDKIII variant again and I am reminded of the possibility that P1's sculpt was heavily influenced by his art :)

Without a doubt !

I really hope there is no full variant. Because I would not have dropped $1k on the black and would've waited. This trend of "No variant" or "I dont know" only to be untrue is BS.

I found this on Art.com. I was able to find a 24x36 version on gallery wrapped canvas. I saved the book mark so I could order it when I moved. But after a few months it was no longer there. Perhaps they renamed it. I had to sort through around 500 results until I found it though since the exact name wouldn't come up with anything.

I really hope there is no full variant. Because I would not have dropped $1k on the black and would've waited. This trend of "No variant" or "I dont know" only to be untrue is BS.

Personally what would bother me if a variant comes out is if the EX accessories for the first release goes packaged with the new release which means I could get them for the same price I got the regular of this one. The colors don't bother me at all. But that neutral face and that multi-batarang hand are fantastic.

I found this on Art.com. I was able to find a 24x36 version on gallery wrapped canvas. I saved the book mark so I could order it when I moved. But after a few months it was no longer there. Perhaps they renamed it. I had to sort through around 500 results until I found it though since the exact name wouldn't come up with anything.

oooh. Thanks for the info, man. I'm not familiar with Art.com, and my broadband's too slow at the moment I can't check what they have. Are their posters licensed?

oooh. Thanks for the info, man. I'm not familiar with Art.com, and my broadband's too slow at the moment I can't check what they have. Are their posters licensed?

I would say probably not. Any one can order any poster in any size or material you want. They have hundreds of posters for so many characters that I'd be shocked if any of it was licensed. That doesn't matter to me though. I don't care if a poster is licensed. As long as the quality is good. I've never bought from them so I can't attest to quality either. But they offer returns I believe.

Via SS Chat...

"So how it normally works is that the preorders are done through the site prior to SDCC but the item has to be picked up at the convention. So if you are not able to attend SDCC you would not want preorder this item

I have received confirmation that this is how it will be working for this bust as well."

Back