QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what they will offer in this situation.

As someone else already pointed out, new headsculpts are really pointless in this case because it's the clothing. An unstained head will become stained once it's put on the body as long as the uniform doesn't have something put inside of it to prevent it.

A few more pics of my Picard (with correct phaser):

20170531_210409 (559x1000).jpg

20170531_210421 (564x1000).jpg

20170531_210333 (562x1000).jpg

20170531_210341 (609x1000).jpg

Love the figure but the staining is not good

In the early pics, you can even see the actual line and shape of the Collar on the script

Has anyone tried using a cue tip and some rubbing alcohol to remove the stains? I've had luck getting rid of unwanted paint splotches on figures that way but have no idea if it can also remove staining. Just a thought.

Figure still is a big miss for me personally, though, especially the head sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I tried some rubbing alcohol on mine, and it did seem to lighten the stains just a bit. And for those really light stains on the surface it would probably have removed them entirely if I had kept at it a while.

But for the much darker stains that have soaked into the paint and plastic the alcohol doesn't really do a whole lot I'm afraid.

You know that quiet kind of frustration you get? Yeah, I got that. In classic fashion I received the worst stained head I've seen so far. There's no hiding this bullcrap.

picard1.jpg

Well I got my Picard today, and I gotta say overall I'm a LOT more impressed with it than I was expecting. Yeah the staining is pretty bad on the neck (most of which can be covered up by the collar), and the proportions will need to be improved a bit here and there, but even with those issues I still find myself loving the look of this figure quite a bit.

And yes the likeness seems to work a lot better in hand as well, and for my money does more than enough to capture Picard. And under the right lighting can look even better.

Only had time to take a few quick pics while at work, but figured I'd share anyway:

View attachment 345107

View attachment 345108

View attachment 345109

Gotta say he looks great except for the stains. He's a no brainer

I really want to pick this up but the staining issue has kept me away. Would some acrylic clear coat sprayed on the inside of the tunic's collar prevent the head from staining in the future if I had one that was without any stains?

You know that quiet kind of frustration you get? Yeah, I got that. In classic fashion I received the worst stained head I've seen so far. There's no hiding this bullcrap.

View attachment 345349

Sorry to see that. Looks like you'd still be able to pull the collar up high enough to cover most of it (as I had to do), but obviously that's not something we should need to do for this figure.

I think the HS is really great- too bad I still say the head is oversized

Yeah the head is probably a smidge oversized, but standing next to Kirk it doesn't look that far off to me. I think once I widen his shoulders a bit and pad the waist and legs a little (as someone else has already done) it should make the overall proportions look a lot better.

20170601_180218 (645x1000).jpg

Received this from Qmx
Sorry that you have an issue with your QMx Star Trek: The Next Generation Captain Picard 1:6 scale collectible figure.

It does appear that the plastic wrap put in place around the neck of the figure was not sufficient to protect the PVC of the head from absorbing a bit of the dye from the tunic. We are investigating the cause of this and will respond with a proposed fix within the next few weeks.

Thank you for your patience and please feel free to check in any time

I received my Capt. Jean Luc Picard figure today and upon opening the box, I immediately went to check the condition of his neck...

Yep. Mine has the stains as well, although not as prominent as others I've seen.

I do love the figure, though. It captures Picard without a doubt. The head sculpt is indeed a bit over-sized, as I think the thinner body works for Patrick Stewart's smaller physique. I too will try adding a tiny bit of padding to widen the shoulders and fill in the leg sections.

Head sculpt does captures him very well. If it was just a tiny bit smaller, it would be perfect. Not distracting, but not true to scale.

I'm looking forward to additional "Next Generation" figures, probably more than the original series figures!...

picard 1.jpg

picard 2.jpg

picard 3.jpg

picard 4.jpg

Quick Edit: The rank pips /insignia had fallen off the uniform but fortunately I found them in the box. Adhesive was extremely weak so will have to re-glue.

Seems like everyones in the same boat with this figure. Since I purchased through sideshow am I stuck with them for a return or can I take this to Qmx themselves? Here's the one pic I took before he went right back in the box:

picard3_zps5k3poljy.jpg

Just like others have said the head is too big. The shoulders not wide or straight enough. The legs too skinny to compensate for the muffin top. That's before the tunic stains and pip/communicator falling off. With all thats going on with this one I don't know if I can stay interested.

Last edited:
Picard arrived.

I'm testing him out on a Disney Krennic body.

Looking good so far as the tunic just fits and it gives him the square shoulders he should have.

The body Picard arrived on might be useful for Snowspeeder Luke when he gets here.

Wow I never thought of that. Pics when you can.

That looks really good. Are there any similar bodies that can be purchased separately?

It is a shame that this figure has these issues. I think the sculpt is fantastic, the outfit is well made and the accessories are excellent.

The neck staining has no excuse. The fact that the plastic wrap was added after the fact is almost insulting, as if trying to trick the buyer.

The use of the smaller, thinner body was a good idea but they should have noticed the issues when testing it with the uniform. The figure would have just needed some further tweaking to get it to look excellent, all around.

A slightly smaller head-sculpt would have made the top half of the figure look fine. Some padding added to the upper thighs/hips area would have instantly helped the skinny-legs syndrome look that it presently has.

All in all, I really like this figure and will definitely be keeping it. The issues, aside from the staining, are simply a missed opportunity in having a good figure look amazing, over-all, especially when it's the first in the line of "Next Generation" figures.

Back