Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

That was Sam the butcher.

Mel ran a diner out in Arizona.

LOL, oh yeah. :)
So they made a Vic Tayback figure?
:p

Sam the Butcher was played by Allan Melvin. That's where the confusion started. (He also played Barney Hefner on All in the Family)

No, I just erred.
The confusion was the mention of "that's what they did with Mel"

Does anyone else find it strange that these figures are supposedly being released in July and they are still not listed on the QMx site...:dunno

A quick Google search shows no new information about them since February. One would think that QMx would be trying to generate more buzz about them.

I can say that they're in the final stages. Production samples are done (with new colors for the uniforms, btw, in response to the blowback), and there's just a few minor odds and ends being resolved. What that means for an actual release, though, I have no idea (IE, I have no knowledge of when they're going into full-on factory production, what the status of the packaging is, etc).

I would THINK that July is an optomistic estimate based on that - but it's not out of the realm of reason. I wouldn't be surprised if QMX really pushed them to be out in time for SDCC and the big 50th Anniversary Trek 'con in Vegas.

I can say that they're in the final stages. Production samples are done (with new colors for the uniforms, btw, in response to the blowback), and there's just a few minor odds and ends being resolved. What that means for an actual release, though, I have no idea (IE, I have no knowledge of when they're going into full-on factory production, what the status of the packaging is, etc).

I would THINK that July is an optomistic estimate based on that - but it's not out of the realm of reason. I wouldn't be surprised if QMX really pushed them to be out in time for SDCC and the big 50th Anniversary Trek 'con in Vegas.

Cool. Thanks for the info. July is the estimated arrival for the figs on BBTS. I thought that was looking more and more unrealistic but I had no idea where they where in the process. I would think that QMx would definitely want to show off the production figs at the 50th Anniversary con.

Cool. Thanks for the info. July is the estimated arrival for the figs on BBTS. I thought that was looking more and more unrealistic but I had no idea where they where in the process. I would think that QMx would definitely want to show off the production figs at the 50th Anniversary con.

If you want to keep up, friend Nanjin Tam on Facebook (if you have Facebook, that is). He's our very own Nanjin from the forums and he posts update photos from time to time. That's where I got the info from :)

If you want to keep up, friend Nanjin Tam on Facebook (if you have Facebook, that is). He's our very own Nanjin from the forums and he posts update photos from time to time. That's where I got the info from :)

Excellent, thanks!!

Not that it necessarily applies to these figures, but it might...I just went through Nanjin's posts, and he said on the 15th that Picard was entering production in "about 10 days," which means he should be entering production any day now. Could that be a good sign for these as well? :pray:

Not that it necessarily applies to these figures, but it might...I just went through Nanjin's posts, and he said on the 15th that Picard was entering production in "about 10 days," which means he should be entering production any day now. Could that be a good sign for these as well? :pray:

I forgot that QMx was even making Picard. I am not nearly as impressed with him as I am with the Kirk and Spock prototypes.

Unless the Picard fig has been vastly improved since these Toy Fair 2015 pics it would be an easy pass for me. The uniform screams Ken doll.

Picard.jpg

Picard2.jpg

Honestly, I don't mind the delay as long as they can maintain the strong likenesses of the prototypes. I just looked at them again... awesome.

That Picard has been overhauled from top to bottom since. They've gone for the red and black TV uniform and it looks light years better. What bothers me the most is, how can he be about to go into production when I've seen absolutely no P/O's for him anywhere!?!!!?

I for one don't mind if Kirk & Spock aren't ready by July. I'd rather wait longer than seeing them rushed into production to hit the 50th anniversary date.

Kirk and Spock are still on schedule to ship in July.

QMX won't list them until they are in stock. That's the way it was with AOS.

Back