Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien is my second favorite IP of them all, and those ‘79 specific versions of Ripley and the Alien are all-time grail designs, but that’s Disney owned. INART doesn’t have Disney licenses as far as we know.
I thought they just didn't have (and couldn't get) Star Wars and Marvel, but it makes sense that Hot Toys would try to block any other company of getting a foot in Disney's door...
Makes me hate HT a bit more.

I thought they just didn't have (and couldn't get) Star Wars and Marvel, but it makes sense that Hot Toys would try to block any other company of getting a foot in Disney's door...
I don’t like Hot Toys to some capacity lol, but in all fairness and if I’m allowed to speculate here, I think it’s merely how the contract is set up where they probably have an exclusive contract with Hot Toys to make Disney licensed products in 1/6. Since 20th Century Fox is owned by Disney now, it’s inferred IPs like Alien, Predator, etc are now in the House of Mouse. Disney and Hot Toys would need to come to a breach of contract to allow INART to also obtain the Disney licenses.

Well, HT did bring the hobby to absolute new heights, and their output/quality/price ratio, they're still King of the Hill.
It's unfortunate that in both the Alien and Predator franchises they've consistently dropped the ball.

I kind of blame Disney and these other studios for letting it happen. Not sure what others are paying Disney, WB, etc to block the licenses in North America or world wide.

Why isn't WB allowing companies like InArt and JazzInc to get these licenses? Hot Toys/Sideshow got WB to not give JazzInc the license to sell Catwoman in North America. I don't understand why these companies wouldn't want the competition to make and sell the best quality and likenesses.

Back