Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not to fludi in these things but what is Spooktacular?
Sideshow company has sort of an online Halloween event with new releases, contests, sales. If you make an account
with them and register for the event you usually get a 5$ reward added to your account. Sometimes you can really score good discounts.

What in your guys opinions are the best Asmus figures from the LOTR/Hobbit lines?

My votes would be for:
- Old Bilbo
- Gimli
- Thorin Oakenshield
- Theoden
- Faramir Mouth of Sauron

Last edited:
Best Asmus figures?

My top five - Gandalf the White, (Holm) Bilbo Baggins, Gimli, Theoden, Elrond.

That Faramir figure is literally the first figure I gave up on so bad I literally threw out - which is saying something considering he's my favorite character, from the books anyway.

I am not to fludi in these things but what is Spooktacular?
It is their Halloween event and the moto used to be “sleep is for the weak.” Waaaaay back in the day they did a lot of interactions with this forum during the event and there were lots of opportunities to win things through scavenger hunts, being the first to answer trivia, reward codes, etc. and it would happen at all hours of the day and night. Since it shifted to mostly social media I haven’t followed it nearly as much. I think they still do giveaways but I believe most are tied to social media. I used to enjoy their chat for the event and won a good amount of LOTR stuff in the early years.

Best Asmus figures?

My top five - Gandalf the White, (Holm) Bilbo Baggins, Gimli, Theoden, Elrond.

That Faramir figure is literally the first figure I gave up on so bad I literally threw out - which is saying something considering he's my favorite character, from the books anyway.
Faramir is a great character in the books. One of my favorites too. I didn’t think Asmus’ figure was that bad but I wouldn’t mind a 2.0 version at some point and hey it was worlds better than Sideshow’s attempt. I still blame that figure for killing the line.

My top 5:

Gandalf the White with Shadowfax!
Such an amazing figure set!

Old Bilbo!
The outfit and accessories are perfect.
Both headsculpts are amazing and that "freaky" headsculpt has scared my wife and daughter on many occasions wherever I have placed it in the house 😁

Legolas at Helms Deep!
I love this figure,along with GtW,he was helped along by my wife at the time.
The accessories are perfect for me,and the dio he comes with is just icing!!

Theodon King!
Great headsculpt,the seam at the front of the hair can be off-putting but once the Helm is on-magic!!
Eomer would be grouped alongside Theodon cause he is amazing as well.

Lastly,
Arwen in Death Frock.
Such a simple and elegant figure,headsculpt is pretty awesome,and a tonne of accessories to boot.
Galadrial also,for that amazing dress,near perfect sculpt,and that "Mirror" dio is pretty awesome!!

As you can see,I love my dios.💥💥💥💥❤️😀

I asked asmus if they will make new lotr dolls

they replied to me:

Actually we will have a full list of new/ old characters happening, please just wait and see~
"Hi Glenn,

Yes, our launch was pushed back to Spooktacular with Sideshow.

Thranduil is now pending on approval and Saruman is under development,
we have a few forces working the rings characters right now,
but there are no other Crown series planed on the Lord of the Rings other than the two.

But please don't worry, 😇
we have a good list of LOTR figures in coming~

Kind Regards,
George
Asmus Customer Service Team".

Pretty excited.
I need LOTR between SW purchases..

Good choices, I reduced my collection a while back but honestly there are some I kind of wish I kept - like the Elven Warrior, and there are a couple I never got for one reason or another like Elrond or Arwen in death frock that I wish I did pick up.

I'm still holding out hope Asmus make Elrond in his council robes.

What in your guys opinions are the best Asmus figures from the LOTR/Hobbit lines?

My votes would be for:
- Old Bilbo
- Gimli
- Thorin Oakenshield
- Theoden
- Faramir Mouth of Sauron
Well there are some I don't own but the top would be Thorin who in his price range is IMO perfect. Great sculpt, detailed costume with clever use of materials, accessories, sturdy dwarf body, beautiful details like the touch of metallic on the boot caps and the knee pads done in actual embroidery.
The armor scales look metal and no peeling he has held up beautifully.

Gimli
Twilight King
GtG (new head sculpt)
GtW

Honorable mentions to Elrond, Thranduil, young Bilbo, MOS, and Galadriel.
But there's none I own including Faramir, Eomer, Theoden, Bard, Nazgul, etc I'd give up. Or, at times I was going to pass and a figure is
released so good I pick up anyway.

Well there are some I don't own but the top would be Thorin who in his price range is IMO perfect. Great sculpt, detailed costume with clever use of materials, accessories, sturdy dwarf body, beautiful details like the touch of metallic on the boot caps and the knee pads done in actual embroidery.
The armor scales look metal and no peeling he has held up beautifully.

Gimli
Twilight King
GtG (new head sculpt)
GtW

Honorable mentions to Elrond, Thranduil, young Bilbo, MOS, and Galadriel.
But there's none I own including Faramir, Eomer, Theoden, Bard, Nazgul, etc I'd give up. Or, at times I was going to pass and a figure is
released so good I pick up anyway.
I really like Aragorn....Not the head. It looks meh at best...he most likely gets a Crown because of popularity and well his head sucked.

But with Inart, how can they attract people, perhaps do an extra head with a different expression? Rooted hair maybe moveable eyes...

That base they included with the original was great, maybe they can top that...with a horse?

Asmus did everything right with Aragorn, just get the head right and we are good to go again.

"Hi Glenn,

Yes, our launch was pushed back to Spooktacular with Sideshow.

Thranduil is now pending on approval and Saruman is under development,
we have a few forces working the rings characters right now,
but there are no other Crown series planed on the Lord of the Rings other than the two.

But please don't worry, 😇
we have a good list of LOTR figures in coming~

Kind Regards,
George
Asmus Customer Service Team".

Pretty excited.
I need LOTR between SW purchases..
I sold my Saurman last year...hoping for a new one..Crown is what I need

I really like Aragorn....Not the head. It looks meh at best...he most likely gets a Crown because of popularity and well his head sucked.

But with Inart, how can they attract people, perhaps do an extra head with a different expression? Rooted hair maybe moveable eyes...

That base they included with the original was great, maybe they can top that...with a horse?

Asmus did everything right with Aragorn, just get the head right and we are good to go again.
IMO they should just do head upgrades for Aragorn, Legolas. Some complain that they feel like they are paying extra after the fact but I don't see a problem with it. HT churns out whole figures 2, 3, times and sometimes they backtrack and the next sculpt is worse.

IMO neither ASMUS Aragorn nor Legolas is awful but if I had owned a Ranger Aragorn I wouldn't have bought the InArt, tho he's nice enough.

Seems like most of their head upgrades are sold out all the time, I still haven't been able to get Thorin heads.

IMO they should just do head upgrades for Aragorn, Legolas. Some complain that they feel like they are paying extra after the fact but I don't see a problem with it. HT churns out whole figures 2, 3, times and sometimes they backtrack and the next sculpt is worse.

IMO neither ASMUS Aragorn nor Legolas is awful but if I had owned a Ranger Aragorn I wouldn't have bought the InArt, tho he's nice enough.

Seems like most of their head upgrades are sold out all the time, I still haven't been able to get Thorin heads.
Aragorn and Legalos are like spiderman...they will sell.

I think if they re-release, why not since many have not collected previously and might as well get it into as many hands as possible.

Head upgrade and maybe cloaks, new diorama, a torch or some other unique features, I would re-purchase.

Aragorn and Legalos are like spiderman...they will sell.

I think if they re-release, why not since many have not collected previously and might as well get it into as many hands as possible.

Head upgrade and maybe cloaks, new diorama, a torch or some other unique features, I would re-purchase.
They could do ROTK versions. ASMUS knows how to pull off costumes and weapons without horrible prices.

Meanwhile, Spooktacular registration is up; got my 5$ reward.🎃

Waiting to PO Thranduil:drool

Back