Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Grievous, Westworld & Kenobi!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Merry & Pippin! The Fellowship is Complete!

Thanks I appreciate it.

But I wish I'd been paying attention when you guys got started... it wasn't particulary difficult (since I followed Pix's suggestions) but I spent a good 8 hours on the project :lol I'd have gladly paid someone to do it for me :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Merry & Pippin! WWII Captain Volk!

Also, here's an update to the figure of my Grandfather than Elvis did awhile back for me.

I changed the helmet for one with the captain's insignia and gave him leatherlike boots. They're not 100% accurate, but the closest thing I can find at the moment. I'm waiting on insignia's for his shoulders and need to find a bag then I'm done.

ccu-2-1.jpg

The photo inspiration:
HarryVolk.jpg

Thanks man :duff

Happy I'm nearing some completion on it... I think I might be able to alter these boots to be more accurate. It's impossible to know for sure what boots he's wearing from the photo, but from what I can see there are two buckles and I've found some images of boots with a belt that wrapped around the boot instead of laces which were used by tank crew.

Lord of the Rings guys look great! So does Dutch. I wanted to use that body, but I don't want to have to mod the head, so I'll probably just have to leave him on the lame older body.

Awesome!!!! Where's Bill? :stick

Thanks, on the way. With Seb he's always tinkering with the figures so it takes some time, but in the end you get a better figure for it.

nice collection bro congrats

Thank ya :duff

Lord of the Rings guys look great! So does Dutch. I wanted to use that body, but I don't want to have to mod the head, so I'll probably just have to leave him on the lame older body.

Thanks :duff I had already modified the head when I first got Dutch because of the giraffe neck syndrome. So just removing a bit more of the inside of the head was no biggie. And now I at least know he's on a body that won't rot on me in the next few years and I can actually pose the arms.

Thanks, on the way. With Seb he's always tinkering with the figures so it takes some time, but in the end you get a better figure for it.

:lol I was actually teasing you but glad to know you have him coming!

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Merry & Pippin! The Fellowship is Complete!

At long last, the fellowship is complete!!!

Finished up Merry and Pippin today. To do so I just followed the path layed by greater men (Thanks Pixeltwin and others) to modify their clothes and swap around accessores. The paintwork here is by the incredible Skiman :duff

Only thing I'm not happy about is the color of Pippin's jacket, I just could not get it darker than what it is now :huh

ccq-3.jpg

ccs-2.jpg

cct-2.jpg

With Frodo and Sam:
ccp-3.jpg

ccr-2.jpg

ccv-2.jpg

The Complete Fellowship on Display!!!
cco-3.jpg

Very great updaye :clap

The Hobbits look amazing together, GB! They're all very, very well done. It is obvious how much TLC went into each of them. :)

And I still love the 1/6 G-Pa project, that came together very nicely. :rock

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Custom POTA Taylor!!!

Thanks Marf, I'm very happy to have this figure. Should get the insignia's tomorrow then a bag and I'm done (for now).

Here's a project I did yesterday; Taylor from Planet of the Apes. I took the Sideshow figure, ported him over to a HT body and then weathered the outfit and gave him a repaint.

taylora.jpg

taylord.jpg

taylorb.jpg

taylore.jpg

taylorc.jpg

taylorg.jpg

taylorf.jpg

Here's some better pics of my Pruneface Custom:

prunea.jpg

pruneb.jpg

prunec.jpg

pruned.jpg

And here's a slightly more finished Mumm-Ra I weathered his wraps a bit more and then dirtied up the bottom of his robes.

mummp.jpg

mummq.jpg

mummr.jpg

mumms.jpg

mummt.jpg

mummu.jpg

mummv.jpg

Nice looking taylor:)
Have you got the dirty apes to go with him?

I do (Zira, Cornelius, Zaius and Gorilla Soldier), but haven't done any work to them.

Sadly I missed out on the HT figures, really kicking myself for not at least getting the Gorilla Soldier :monkey2

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Dragon Astronaut!!!

Finally added a Dragon Astronaut to my collection... this is a figure that's been on my want list for years, but something else always seemed to come first. Very glad I finally broke down as the figure is incredible :lecture

ccwa.jpg

ccw-2.jpg

ccza.jpg

ccz-1.jpg

ccy-2.jpg

ccx-2.jpg

Back