Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t the Alice character writen in by the director as the main protagonist just because she was his wife or something ridiculous like that? 😅
Don’t know about written in, but she was definitely made way overpowered because yeh she’s the directors wife.

I like B movie zombie flics so I actually had a good time with the first three films (was still relatively new to the franchise, and was retro actively going through all the games and movies so my judgement wasn’t the best… I mean I enjoyed ORC at the time)

Think the appeal is the over the top zombie action and seeing how they adapt iconic designs and set pieces from the games. Jill (both RE3 and 5) Nemesis and the RE5 executioner? Was especially cool to see design wise.

Those films are absolute pain for me to rewatch now combination of how they butchered RE franchise and because part of the fun was which characters show up and how accurate the designs which doesnt survive repeat viewings.

Alice is an instant skip. But id consider any of the movie versions of the game characters like Wesker, Ada, Leon, Jill… ect. Partly for the movie/ live action versions, mostly for the parts for Game versions.

IMG_7692.jpeg

Besides The Final Chapter, the Alice series isn’t as bad as that awful abomination that was WtRC or the Netflix show.

“Furthermore, Capcom feared that a faithful adaptation would actually discourage people from buying the games if they could just watch the movie, so the ultimate decision was made to make an original story that only contained a handful of references to the games. Finally, Romero's script was considered excessively gory, even by Resident Evil standards, so it was rejected as well out of a fear of an NC-17 rating.”

IMG_7770.jpeg

Last edited:
. Game characters are iconic and timeless.

Yet they were so awful in WtRC. lol so have overstayed their welcome. Ada should’ve died in RE6 and Chris in 5. Leon keeps getting worse in every CGI movie Capcom releases and re-remake personality is 💩. Claire and Rebecca especially in the CGI are complete useless and Capcom should probably kill them off as well. 😇😅 they do have some iconic looks tho and their names might be timeless like Lara Croft.

IMG_7772.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have any version of her in my RE collection, so I po'ed her. Retribution's not my favorite version of Alice, but whatever. At least the sculpt looks like Milla for once, and the price is pretty decent too. lol
Just wonder how the final product will turn out...
Can’t be worse than the swtoys versions especially their re1 Alice…. 😬

9BEC9FA2-CF2E-4C1C-87B2-BD424BE36390.jpeg

Finally back to the city and picked up Ashley! She is great for what it is. For some reason one leg is slightly shorter than another, tried everything but boot doesn’t want to move so didn’t force it. Otherwise pretty solid release.
View attachment 704901

a03208ec-5867-48d5-8daa-82d83e28d5a7_text.gif

... I'm not the only one who sees it, right? It's driving me nuts.

Watch me grab an Ashley head and force fit a SWAT helmet in another thread.

Besides The Final Chapter, the Alice series isn’t as bad as that awful abomination that was WtRC or the Netflix show.

“Furthermore, Capcom feared that a faithful adaptation would actually discourage people from buying the games if they could just watch the movie, so the ultimate decision was made to make an original story that only contained a handful of references to the games. Finally, Romero's script was considered excessively gory, even by Resident Evil standards, so it was rejected as well out of a fear of an NC-17 rating.”

View attachment 704976
Haha yeh the Alice series far exceeds WtRC and the Netflix series but that’s a really low bar and not really a defense for the Alice movies especially when WtRC is by the same publisher as the Alice movies and was made to retain the rights.

I kinda agree with Capcom, I don’t necessarily want a 1:1 recreation of the games but rather a decent horror with a few good scares that’s inline with the games rather than contradictory.

Like a movie a new outbreak or a movie showing how everyone in the Spencer mansion became infected and turned prior to RE1.

Yet they were so awful in WtRC. lol so have overstayed their welcome. Ada should’ve died in RE6 and Chris in 5. Leon keeps getting worse in every CGI movie Capcom releases and re-remake personality is 💩. Claire and Rebecca especially in the CGI are complete useless and Capcom should probably kill them off as well. 😇😅 they do have some iconic looks tho and their names might be timeless like Lara Croft.

View attachment 704977
The game characters are iconic and timeless… they might not age well in later appearances but that initial appearance is iconic. I mean 20 something years later people are still wanting Hunk or Rebecca to turn along side all the original characters, think it was this thread that someone said bring back Chris and Jill for RE9 because they are iconic.

The characters in WtRC are characters in name alone and are just fundamentally different.

Dont think they should have killed off Chris but rather a long break until they figured out the new direction of the franchise. killing off Ada in 6 that’s an interesting Idea… I’m not against that.

Every character gets worse overtime new writers coming in, I can’t think of a single exception in any franchise where a characters most recent appearance isn’t their worst… Alice movies included.

I think Alice should have died to Wesker in afterlife, spent a couple movies showing how OP Alice is, introduce the game characters then have her lose to Wesker and need the game characters to team up to fight Wesker in later appearances.

Or Hell have Alice kill Wesker, the Virus take over and Alice becomes the big bad, the final BOW that needs to be killed in the franchise

View attachment 704977
Hey, hold on now! Stop killing everybody before capcom reads your post and decides thats a good idea! lol
I'd be perfectly fine with every game featuring Jill as the main character - even in non-resident evil games. Just all games, Jill all the time! 😍
Still, it'd feel wrong to kill Chris off, maybe now not as much. But I'm glad he got RE5. Just sucks we couldn't play as Jill too in that. Sheva was a cool character though.
I'm also kind of starting to like Ada better now that I'm playing the Separate Ways DLC. Leon's RE4R personality though...his one liners are pure cringe gold. 😂

Last edited:
Hey, hold on now! Stop killing everybody before capcom reads your post and decides thats a good idea! lol
I'd be perfectly fine with every game featuring Jill as the main character - even in non-resident evil games. Just all games, Jill all the time! 😍
Still, it'd feel wrong to kill Chris off, maybe now not as much. But I'm glad he got RE5. Just sucks we couldn't play as Jill too in that. Sheva was a cool character though.
I'm also kind of starting to like Ada better now that I'm playing the Separate Ways DLC. Leon's RE4R personality though...his one liners are pure cringe gold. 😂
RE5 does have two Jill focused DLC’s but I do agree that is should have been Jill instead of Sheva fighting Wesker.

Like if you was playing as Chris, after you save Jill then you coop partner changes to Jill and you go and fight Wesker but if your playing as Sheva on a second playthrough you coop partner changes to Josh and you go after Excella as the final boss.

I do like 4Remake Leon and his cringe one liners, tho as much as I enjoyed remake separate ways it was actually RE4R and her lack of presence in the main game that made me like Ada a little less (still like Ada overall tho) Was good to see more of Luis but was at a detriment to Ada.

I’m not as keen on Jill as you are tho and controversial opinion but I really don’t want to see Jill back in a new entry until they redeem the character in an RE1 or RE5 remake.

Like death island wasn’t great, 3remake kinda sucked and RE5 did Jill dirty and Rev1 was meh at best and forgettable at worst. Jill hasn’t had a standout performance for 20+ years despite the numerous attempts. So I’d be a little salty if Jill shows up in RE9 as the lead over other characters who desperately need to return or even new characters…. Like Damn does the franchise need new characters on the level of the OG’s if it’s gonna continue outside of Remakes.

I know we just had 2 games with Ethan but Ethan was barely a character and was more a self insert template.

I highly recommend RE7. To me, it felt like it brought back a lot of things that was missing from RE4, 5 and 6. The puzzle solving, atmosphere, boss fights, story, all felt like the classic RE games again. It felt like 4, 5 & 6 were trying too hard to be something other than an RE game. Or maybe it was just me, I dunno.
I currently started playing RE4R again. I really want to like the game, but it's just so darn clumsy. For someone who's had military training, Leon's having a real tough time holding his guns steady. I think the controls/combat might even be worse than the originals.
On the plus side, Ashley hasn't been as annoying yet as she was in the original. lol
Honestly 7 and 8 are my most disliked “RE” games for me. Not because they don’t have zombies, or whatever but I hated everything from the characters to the story. Capcom keeps adding unnecessary lores like mother Miranda and Spencer. Adding more plot holes and trying to rewrite the old storylines. I didn’t care for Megamycete. I just pretend their new IP and zero connection to any RE games, lol.

As for RE4R, I wasn’t a huge fan of the original and took me a year to finally beat the remake. Lol played it once and I haven’t played it ever since. Plus, re4r ada VA didn’t even inspired me to play the dlc. Lol found her boring. I’m glad she was scrapped from Village.

RE5 does have two Jill focused DLC’s but I do agree that is should have been Jill instead of Sheva fighting Wesker.

Like if you was playing as Chris, after you save Jill then you coop partner changes to Jill and you go and fight Wesker but if your playing as Sheva on a second playthrough you coop partner changes to Josh and you go after Excella as the final boss.

I do like 4Remake Leon and his cringe one liners, tho as much as I enjoyed remake separate ways it was actually RE4R and her lack of presence in the main game that made me like Ada a little less (still like Ada overall tho) Was good to see more of Luis but was at a detriment to Ada.

I’m not as keen on Jill as you are tho and controversial opinion but I really don’t want to see Jill back in a new entry until they redeem the character in an RE1 or RE5 remake.

Like death island wasn’t great, 3remake kinda sucked and RE5 did Jill dirty and Rev1 was meh at best and forgettable at worst. Jill hasn’t had a standout performance for 20+ years despite the numerous attempts. So I’d be a little salty if Jill shows up in RE9 as the lead over other characters who desperately need to return or even new characters…. Like Damn does the franchise need new characters on the level of the OG’s if it’s gonna continue outside of Remakes.

I know we just had 2 games with Ethan but Ethan was barely a character and was more a self insert template.
Wasn’t the whole point on Ethan was for the player to be him? Lol I found him plain and generic. Glad he’s dead and won’t see him or his daughter ever again.

As for Jill, I wish Capcom kept her away especially DI being her big return just realized how bad she’s been written. Lol and now with every character being infected with some sort virus at this point they’re going to be like Alice now. Unstoppable and overpowered characters.

I liked the RE5 DLC, but besides Piers dying in re6 Capcom doesn’t really kill off any of its main characters or side characters. Lol they’re scared of the backlash. Ethan was only sacrificed to give him a storyline and make his ending sad and touching. 😢 lol re5 would’ve been a nice send off for either Chris or Jill, 6 I still think Ada should’ve died at the end. Pier was kinda “sad” but again Chris should’ve died instead. Lol I can’t say much about cringy Leon but besides the current remakes he’s stuck in those awful cgi movies/show since his last re game which was 6 was a “flop”. He’s basically a Tom Cruise at this point. As for Claire and even Rebecca they did them dirty! lol

Wasn’t the whole point on Ethan was for the player to be him? Lol I found him plain and generic. Glad he’s dead and won’t see him or his daughter ever again.

As for Jill, I wish Capcom kept her away especially DI being her big return just realized how bad she’s been written. Lol and now with every character being infected with some sort virus at this point they’re going to be like Alice now. Unstoppable and overpowered characters.

I liked the RE5 DLC, but besides Piers dying in re6 Capcom doesn’t really kill off any of its main characters or side characters. Lol they’re scared of the backlash. Ethan was only sacrificed to give him a storyline and make his ending sad and touching. 😢 lol re5 would’ve been a nice send off for either Chris or Jill, 6 I still think Ada should’ve died at the end. Pier was kinda “sad” but again Chris should’ve died instead. Lol I can’t say much about cringy Leon but besides the current remakes he’s stuck in those awful cgi movies/show since his last re game which was 6 was a “flop”. He’s basically a Tom Cruise at this point. As for Claire and even Rebecca they did them dirty! lol
Yeh the whole point of Ethan was he could be “anybody” and was specifically kept generic for that… I really didn’t like Ethan for that reason tho. RE characters are larger than life and then Ethan had no character. I still want new characters tho preferably with personality and training but unfamiliar with bio weapons.

With all the remakes they seem to be doing with more on the way, keep the OG’s on the remakes since every OG character will make a return atleast once if they continue up to RE6 and focus on new actual characters for the sequels.

Lost in nightmares was a standout, but the DLC and Rev1 both being set before RE5 did not help Jill’s character at all.

Wouldn’t say Leon is stuck in the cgi movies because 6 was a flop, with a heavy focus on Leon in the Remakes it makes sense for Leon to not be in 7 and 8. I always saw the franchise as an anthology type series (don’t know how true that still is) so to go from new entry to remake with Leon I was more than happy with.

As impactful as it would be to kill of a main character I worry it would damage the franchise, as much as I really liked gears 1 + 2 and as how impactful the ending of gears 2 really was I couldn’t bring myself to care about the later games after that. RE might be able to pull it off with its almost Anthology type approach but why risk it.

I mean I still here people today saying they want an Ada Solo game or people upset with the RE9 rumours since it’s not continuing Chris’s story from village so many want those characters to return so killing them off might not have been the best idea.

Back