Media Resident Evil Revelations 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dS5SAcv.jpg

Peace Walker is friggin weird, but I don't think it tried to be anything else. MGS4 tried to be serious, but it's got a lot of weird hokey unnecessary moments.

Such as:

Yup, I think PW is weird because the cannon is no longer sacred. I mean... Big Boss suddenly has a lot of doubts about the Boss its like he forgot Eva's tape :dunno as we get more games the more contrived the excuses to make another game are going to sound

MGS4 is super weird, but its the answer to something that was not meant to be answered. I'm not surprised its weird ...and dumb

I dunno if this series can be taken seriously after MGS2 and 3, I mean MGS2 was supposed to be taken seriously. Thats why I liked MGR so much Raiden forgets everything he said during MGS4 and he becomes a killer but its a spin off, we should get more spin offs

Yup, I think PW is weird because the cannon is no longer sacred. I mean... Big Boss suddenly has a lot of doubts about the Boss its like he forgot Eva's tape :dunno as we get more games the more contrived the excuses to make another game are going to sound

MGS4 is super weird, but its the answer to something that was not meant to be answered. I'm not surprised its weird ...and dumb

I dunno if this series can be taken seriously after MGS2 and 3, I mean MGS2 was supposed to be taken seriously. Thats why I liked MGR so much Raiden forgets everything he said during MGS4 and he becomes a killer but its a spin off, we should get more spin offs

:exactly:

I agree with all this. MGR wasn't meant to be taken as canon, it's just a fun outing as Raiden.

It just shows how MGS could be better if it weren't tethered to an already bloated and ridiculous canon. When Armstrong in MGR said "Nanomachines, son" you know Platinum was juts giving the middle finger to the canon and rolling with what they do best- insanely cool, over the top action.

I guess the same could be said for Resident Evil, but to tell you guys the truth, I stopped playing RE games after falling asleep playing RE5 way back in 2009. Was a huge fan of the old games but I could never get into the new ones.

You guys actually took MGS4 seriously after this moment?

BQb9Nko.gif

cause I stopped after that :rotfl

Ryan's right, btw. That was hilarious :lol

You guys actually took MGS4 seriously after this moment?

BQb9Nko.gif

cause I stopped after that :rotfl

Ryan's right, btw. That was hilarious :lol

No, I stopped taking MGS4 seriously after the Jonny-Meryl proposal scene. I seriously wanted to hit my head against the wall at how cringeworthy that scene was. Worse than Bat nipples.

hqdefault.jpg

Ryan ryan ryan....

nothing beats bat nipples. Nothing :lecture but...that scene does come mighty close. I also have to admit, it's kinda hard taking Johnny seriously when the guy was taken down by nearly everyone in the series - even Emma Emmerich. He was cool with how much of a badass he was at times, but it was surreal. That's still mighty late to stop taking the game seriously by though :lol This also was utterly hilarious though

tumblr_n631lbI2iA1r4biioo3_500.gif

Snake's psyche drops because of a little girl, seriously? I can understand the 'old' comments but this...also psyche was kinda dumb, no lie. Stamina was neater.

Ryan ryan ryan....

nothing beats bat nipples. Nothing :lecture but...that scene does come mighty close. I also have to admit, it's kinda hard taking Johnny seriously when the guy was taken down by nearly everyone in the series - even Emma Emmerich. He was cool with how much of a badass he was at times, but it was surreal. That's still mighty late to stop taking the game seriously by though :lol This also was utterly hilarious though

tumblr_n631lbI2iA1r4biioo3_500.gif

Snake's psyche drops because of a little girl, seriously? I can understand the 'old' comments but this...also psyche was kinda dumb, no lie. Stamina was neater.

Y'know what, I could take Batman & Robin as a comedy, it has to be. And it's a good movie to watch with buddies while drunk. MGS4 is supposed to be the magnum opus from a visionary creator who can't write to save his life. MGS4, PW and GZ had terrible writing that tries to pass off as avant garde but feels more like sniffing buffalo diarrhea.

Gameplay was still great though.

Y'know what, I could take Batman & Robin as a comedy, it has to be. And it's a good movie to watch with buddies while drunk. MGS4 is supposed to be the magnum opus from a visionary creator who can't write to save his life. MGS4, PW and GZ had terrible writing that tries to pass off as avant garde but feels more like sniffing buffalo diarrhea.

I have friends whose first drinking game was Batman & Robin (with an almost unique spin on it too, given where they watched it :lol )and it went insane, from what they told me. I can take it as a comedy too. But...yeah MGS...lol.

MGS4's gameplay was meh at times, honestly. Some sequences just blow, namely the 3rd act. Boss fights weren't fun too. Shadow Moses, however, was so cool. I just wish that somehow we could have human guards. I have to admit though, the magnum opus aspect is what truly disappointed me about the game.

I remember my then 5 year old brother brother asking me "Is that really the Terminator?" :rotfl

I have friends whose first drinking game was Batman & Robin (with an almost unique spin on it too, given where they watched it :lol )and it went insane, from what they told me. I can take it as a comedy too. But...yeah MGS...lol.

MGS4's gameplay was meh at times, honestly. Some sequences just blow, namely the 3rd act. Boss fights weren't fun too. Shadow Moses, however, was so cool. I just wish that somehow we could have human guards. I have to admit though, the magnum opus aspect is what truly disappointed me about the game.

MGS4 boss fights were just shooting galleries. No strategy, nuthin'. The Liquid fight was a poor man's Tekken. :lol

I remember my then 5 year old brother brother asking me "Is that really the Terminator?" :rotfl

MGS4 boss fights were just shoot em ups. No strategy, nuthin'.
That was actually my mom's reaction to the movie, and why she didn't take 5 year old me to the movie :lol especially after we (at the time) loved Forever...though we later both came to love 1989!

christ :lol

I feel the same way, worst slap in the face in video game history :lecture

You know... I used to like Meryl and she had to go and marry the biggest loser in the entire world **** that ****

Eva is so much better than her :monkey3

WrWhbV4.png

bgPBM2q.gif

I hate them both :lol

They both at least, had one good appearance in the series.

Back