Robocop IMAGE thread.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Robo! Wookie time!:chew:chew

But he IS a +++++ to assemble!!:monkey4 Poor fingas! Any tips?

Just got my Robo! Wookie time!:chew:chew

But he IS a +++++ to assemble!!:monkey4 Poor fingas! Any tips?

I just got mine today too. You just need to work it. I tried a hairdryer to warm the sockets to make it easier also I tried some oil and a little bit of water and dish soap for the head and left leg which were the hardest to get in. But now that he's assembled he looks awesome.

Here's a quick shot of mine with one of my three Weller autographs:

dsc01497gt3.jpg

@jedistarkiller - Looks great! And nice photo.

Yeah I just used a bit of dish soap, it makes popping on the head and leg much much easier. The arms weren't a problem though.

Voorhees, is the paint job on your new Robo 3 the same as the Robo 1?

Wow that's two other people I know that got there's in the mail today too. It's aa great piece mine has some minor flaws but nothing to get me too upset about. He is missing some tiny paint chips from the sides of his head, I look in the box and they are stuck to the black tray he comes in, he must have sat in it awhile when it was very warm or they stuck him in when the paint wasn't fully dry.

His leg holster seems to not want to close tight sometimes and his gun arm tip came busted off. I don't really care, because I don't plan on using the gun arm, but I'm going to fix it with super glue anyway.

@jedistarkiller - Looks great! And nice photo.

Yeah I just used a bit of dish soap, it makes popping on the head and leg much much easier. The arms weren't a problem though.

Voorhees, is the paint job on your new Robo 3 the same as the Robo 1?

Yes and in fact the figure is identical to the Robo 1 in every single way

Yes and in fact the figure is identical to the Robo 1 in every single way

It should be only the Robo with the jetpack has a slightly bluer color scheme.

I was just toying around with him and with the stand and I accidently rubbed the metal prong perhaps a bit too hard on his rubber torso and left a mark...booo!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow that's two other people I know that got there's in the mail today too. It's aa great piece mine has some minor flaws but nothing to get me too upset about. He is missing some tiny paint chips from the sides of his head, I look in the box and they are stuck to the black tray he comes in, he must have sat in it awhile when it was very warm or they stuck him in when the paint wasn't fully dry.

That was a very common issue with the figure. Nearly all of them had varying degrees of that damage.

Think of it as the Hot Toys version of XBox's "red rings of death"

His leg holster seems to not want to close tight sometimes and his gun arm tip came busted off. I don't really care, because I don't plan on using the gun arm, but I'm going to fix it with super glue anyway.

WOW! What are the chances to two guys recieving the exact same figure, the exact same day and have the exact same defect? I did.

That was a very common issue with the figure. Nearly all of them had varying degrees of that damage.

Think of it as the Hot Toys version of XBox's "red rings of death"

You mean the Robocop 3 figures only? Because I've had 2 Robocop 1 figures (sold 1 a while ago) and they have no paint defects or other problems.

Seems alot of ppl recieved robo's today. I would have recieved my Robo PF, had i not been at work and missed the delivery.

You mean the Robocop 3 figures only? Because I've had 2 Robocop 1 figures (sold 1 a while ago) and they have no paint defects or other problems.

No, from the very beginning. I own the original Robocop figure, and it has the defect fairly bad. You would be the first collector I know of that DIDN'T get paint damage on the head.

Wow, I guess I'm lucky.

Here's a couple pics of mine I took a while ago. Mine doesn't have any noticeable defects. I tried to achieve that signature pose. a previous poster claimed that the HT Robo's arms didn't have enough range to achieve the pose, I wanted to prove him wrong. I think I got pretty close:

robo001.jpg

robo004.jpg

PDVD_000.JPG

I found it difficult to get his left arm/elbow to stay in a 90 degree pose, the limitations of the underlying rubber sheath kept pushing it back.

Last edited:
I received my Robocop 3 today (Gun arm, no jet pack). However, Robo is missing the 2 C clamps (the half circle "latches") on his left shoulder. I know it's a small detail, but it's really irritating for a figure of this price. I really don't want to have to return it. Any idea if Hot Toys will replace them (Hell, I can super glue them on if need be ... as long as they are there). Any advice would be appreciated.

Back