S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hyped as hell about the new trailer! Glad Toriyama hasn't completely given up on DBZ yet :). I agree with the alternate timeline theory as it could explain why some of the characters look different/regressed.

Just randomly decided to take a pic of part of my collection (been collecting these figs since day 1). Just snapped a pic of one of my setups. Cell taking on Goku and Vegeta with a smirk, classic Perfect Cell style. Sorry in advance for the crappy phone pic.

2mp03uh.jpg

So this is essentially a dc-style alternate reality story you're thinking Timone?

That actually has some cool possibilities. So frieza survives but DOESNT return to earth as mecha frieza. Trunks never has to kill him and just goes to warn about the a droids.

Yeah... That's possible actually.

Or frieza survives Trunks' attack but that seems odd. It depends at what juncture frieza 'doesn't die' whether it has many or few timeline alterations.

I don't see why goten and trunks wouldn't exist though. Trunks has to exist otherwise the androids kill everyone.

Goku and gohan are both ssjns. I don't know, it's just one movie, you can't change THAT much in this limited time format.

If it's true he never died I'd say he chose to run away from goku before getting cut up by own attack. Because if he runs away earliar how the hell does the ssj-chain start rolling?

EDIT: Maybe Toriyama will retcon mechafrieza out of existence permanently, asin doing a days of future past with it... But I'd be very disappointed as it would remove one of the best moments in the entire series for me...

I don't see how frieza being killed would 'put things back to normal' though...?

I don't see why goten and trunks wouldn't exist though. Trunks has to exist otherwise the androids kill everyone.

Goku and gohan are both ssjns. I don't know, it's just one movie, you can't change THAT much in this limited time format.

If it's true he never died I'd say he chose to run away from goku before getting cut up by own attack. Because if he runs away earliar how the hell does the ssj-chain start rolling?

EDIT: Maybe Toriyama will retcon mechafrieza out of existence permanently, asin doing a days of future past with it... But I'd be very disappointed as it would remove one of the best moments in the entire series for me...

I don't see how frieza being killed would 'put things back to normal' though...?

I'm going off my assumption that this film will feature some sort of alternate timeline. I'm thinking maybe the characters are aware of what's going on. Maybe they remember everything that happened in the main timeline and they know Frieza's resurrection altered their entire existence and the only way to revert the change is to defeat Frieza.

That's not the way Toriyama's used time travel thusfar though. If there's alternate timelines involved, which is a great point you made imo, than I think it's exactly like the android saga, though maybe Whis and Beerus transcend the time alteration and THEY inform the z fighters. That I could definitely see. And would give them more reason to be involved.

If there's a timeline change, that could also mean no Majin Buu, Dende or Videl...and we know time travel is a little weird in this series where every change results in a new timeline entirely. Trunks may still be alive though, but Goten being gone is very likely since in Future Trunk's timeline, Goten doesn't exist.

For the people that are receiving Broly already: Where did you guys pre-order him from? Thanks!

For the people that are receiving Broly already: Where did you guys pre-order him from? Thanks!

They aren't pre-ordering the NA release, they are buying from sellers who have access to the Japan release, so not really a pre-order.

A multi-verse movie would be awesome. Slightly worried as to how the story could progress though or whether this is in fact a change to the current, lets say Alpha, universe.

Picking up on FSLAR's, and others, speculation of Goten not existing in this movie if the altered future theory is correct and using Future Trunks' timeline as a way of explaining it. I would say you'd are both correct and wrong in your point. The reason Goten is not present in the Future Trunks timeline is because Goku died before he was conceived, where as in the current timeline thanks to the medicine Trunks brings back he survives thus Goku gets an early birthday present (?). But if Frieza wasn't killed by Goku that sole event could be enough to change how Goku got off Namek, when he arrived home and also whether or not this "early present" was ever received.

You gotta love the multi-verse theory. Possibly somewhere in the universe there is another group of us, all on this forum, talking about Sh Figuarts Polly Pockets or something.I don't know, its half 5 in the afternoon I'm not feeling well and I'm tired. Go create your own multi-verse you lazy sods [grumpy old man fist shaking at young scally-wags :mad:]. Stop stealing my ****rrots......

Well the multiverse theory is already fact in the dbz universe. Trunks is living proof of that, and Beerus stated their were many universes at the end of BoG. An alternate timeline IS a new universe in itself.

Dragonball multiverse does a good job portraying all the different possible universe based on what could have happened if one or another thing had changed or not happened.

^ Not to diminish your speculation, but I think that particular use of the word universe by beerus is misuse where he should've said Galaxy. He can't mean timelines of this universe as different universes, that doesn't make sense because those are unlimited or at the least higher than 7, Trunks could time travel multiple times and visit many more timelines. Universe and timeline are not synonymous and I don't think Toriyama ever means them like that.

I switched out goku and cell, I think this looks cooler (although I forgot to tweak Goku's hind leg which looks awkward here). Well crisis, now I actually have most in action poses, I'm gonna tweak the other half as well. Happy?:lol
tumblr_ng4et0bpWD1s4ie08o1_1280.jpg

Btw I rewatched BoG and I liked it even more. Toriyama's humour is pretty close to TFS', it's quite funny. Nevertheless I hope RoF has more brutal action.

Back