should Hot Toys re-do the Rocky line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes me wonder.. Would anybody be interested for a custom Rocky Street Version headsculpt? I know a local sculptor who makes very good sculpts, but he prices them cheaper than the 'masters' here.

Let me have one done for myself first, and I'll show it to everyone once it's done. Right now, he's busy sculpting Big Boss (Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker) for several board members here. :)

Have you got any pics of his other work?
Always interested in seeing new stuff and if a rocky streetversion sculpt may be in the works even better:)

I dont have quite as many HT as others, but i will say this...
Yeah, the more recent releases are spot on.
From a pic, my wife said, Hey, that's Jessica Biel after seeing Abigail Whistler. Sly is pretty dead on with the Expendables.

But if you look back at how far figures have come... comparing them would be unfair and you destroy an image you may have originally had.

If you're a diehard, you'll look long and hard for the figures.
If you're casual, you'll pass and wait for what may or may not come.

I agree...instead of redoing, maybe do the figs that were not done... and then customize from there to your heart's content.

yeah but I feel like this, say Hot Toys releases a Rocky and Rocky II figures with great sculpts like Hot Toys is releasing them now. obviously collectors will put these in chronologically so the new Hot Toys versions will be in front, then as you get to Rocky III Italian Stallion and IV the sculpts and details go down drastically. doubt they would do anything for Rocky V and Rocky Balboa. but it just wouldn't look right, that's why it would be better if they re-did the III and IV if they are going ahead with doing I and II

like Terminator 2, how would it look to put the first T-800, Sarah Connor made next to today's T-1000 it doesn't look right. that's why Hot Toys redid T-800 to make it look right.

Yeah, he's very good, and still is pricing cheap for a fully-painted sculpt, so we wanna 'take advantage' of his immense artistry as much as possible! :clap

Now that you've said it, I am already imagining how awesome the Rocky Street Clothes version headsculpt might look!!!! I may organize the Group Buy before the year ends. :hi5:

Checked the thread, nice work:)

Back