Shumi Arts - ShumiRai SCFC001 - 1/6 Scale Hikaru the Bounty Hunter (ヒカル)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New post from James translated from Korean:

Conclusion of Negotiations Related to Shumi Arts​

Hello,This is Park Jung-hwan from JND Studio.

I would like to inform you of the results of the actions JND Studio has taken regarding the "Shumi Arts Incident," which began on June 6, 2024, and continued until today.

We pursued two objectives, one of which has been completed, while the other has been terminated.

1. Acquisition of the Yui and Hikaru Projects
    JND, Shumi Arts, and a creditor of Shumi Arts reached a three-party agreement whereby JND would acquire the business rights to the Yui and Hikaru projects developed by Shumi Arts and assume the debt. This agreement has been finalized.
    For those who made cash reservations for these projects through the Shumi Arts official website and have not yet been compensated (as listed in the Shumi Arts provided list), we will recover their losses by honoring their reservations when we launch the same projects.
    For the Hikaru Artist version, the reservation will be transferred to the Hikaru Kojun Works version.
    • Additionally, these two projects are being incorporated into JND Studio’s original IP, Revolution Girl. We did not purchase the Revolution Girl license from Shumi Arts. Any claims that we bought an original IP that a company has long prepared from another company are outright falsehoods.
  2. Acquisition of the Entire Development Sources of Shumi Arts, Including the Parent IP Development Sources
    This acquisition was pursued because the licensor of Shumi Arts’ parent IP is the same licensor that JND contracts with. We aimed to take over the worldwide rights to the projects developed by Shumi Arts through this licensor. However, the agreement between the two companies was terminated today due to the following reasons:
    1. There were discrepancies in the claims regarding the damage, particularly regarding the "goods compensation" in the damage agreement process between the victims and Shumi Arts. This made it virtually impossible to accurately calculate the total amount of damage.
    2. The process of pursuing this acquisition was severely undermined by the spread of falsehoods, including claims that JND purchased the Revolution Girl IP from Shumi Arts, and serious defamation, such as the accusation that I was promoting JND in victim meetings.
    3. One of the purposes of the acquisition was to prevent the illegal use of Shumi Arts’ development sources. However, according to the same individual who spread the falsehoods, it is claimed that the Shumi Arts representative and related parties are engaging in secondary sales of these development sources in second-hand markets. Although Shumi denies these claims, rumors are spreading that these development sources are being sold to others and are being used in other projects. This undermines the very purpose of the acquisition, rendering it meaningless and unprofitable.
    4. One of the conditions for voiding the agreement was the continuation of criminal disputes. We requested that victims involved in criminal complaints continue to negotiate, but this has not been properly carried out.
These are the reasons for the termination.

JND Studio has made every effort over the past two and a half months to address the impact of the Shumi Arts situation on the domestic figure market, particularly concerning the acquisition of the two mass-production projects by Shumi Arts, which were expected to cause the most widespread damage. We successfully completed the acquisition of these two projects.

In addition, we attempted to acquire the entire development sources of Shumi Arts to minimize the real damage to more victims, but unfortunately, we were unable to achieve the desired result.

During this process, we also faced unfortunate circumstances, such as incurring significant costs, including hiring a lawyer.

I do not know how you will evaluate this situation, but I hope you will remember that JND Studio pursued this matter with goodwill, aiming to help heal the wounds of the domestic hobby market and collectors, and that one of the two pursued matters was successfully completed.

I also hope that the damages suffered by the victims will be quickly recovered.

We deeply appreciate the support many of you have given us during this time, and JND Studio will continue to work even harder.

Thank you.

Sincerely,Park Jung-hwan
JND Studio

New post from James translated from Korean:

Conclusion of Negotiations Related to Shumi Arts​

Hello,This is Park Jung-hwan from JND Studio.

I would like to inform you of the results of the actions JND Studio has taken regarding the "Shumi Arts Incident," which began on June 6, 2024, and continued until today.

We pursued two objectives, one of which has been completed, while the other has been terminated.

1. Acquisition of the Yui and Hikaru Projects
    JND, Shumi Arts, and a creditor of Shumi Arts reached a three-party agreement whereby JND would acquire the business rights to the Yui and Hikaru projects developed by Shumi Arts and assume the debt. This agreement has been finalized.
    For those who made cash reservations for these projects through the Shumi Arts official website and have not yet been compensated (as listed in the Shumi Arts provided list), we will recover their losses by honoring their reservations when we launch the same projects.
    For the Hikaru Artist version, the reservation will be transferred to the Hikaru Kojun Works version.
    • Additionally, these two projects are being incorporated into JND Studio’s original IP, Revolution Girl. We did not purchase the Revolution Girl license from Shumi Arts. Any claims that we bought an original IP that a company has long prepared from another company are outright falsehoods.
  2. Acquisition of the Entire Development Sources of Shumi Arts, Including the Parent IP Development Sources
    This acquisition was pursued because the licensor of Shumi Arts’ parent IP is the same licensor that JND contracts with. We aimed to take over the worldwide rights to the projects developed by Shumi Arts through this licensor. However, the agreement between the two companies was terminated today due to the following reasons:
    1. There were discrepancies in the claims regarding the damage, particularly regarding the "goods compensation" in the damage agreement process between the victims and Shumi Arts. This made it virtually impossible to accurately calculate the total amount of damage.
    2. The process of pursuing this acquisition was severely undermined by the spread of falsehoods, including claims that JND purchased the Revolution Girl IP from Shumi Arts, and serious defamation, such as the accusation that I was promoting JND in victim meetings.
    3. One of the purposes of the acquisition was to prevent the illegal use of Shumi Arts’ development sources. However, according to the same individual who spread the falsehoods, it is claimed that the Shumi Arts representative and related parties are engaging in secondary sales of these development sources in second-hand markets. Although Shumi denies these claims, rumors are spreading that these development sources are being sold to others and are being used in other projects. This undermines the very purpose of the acquisition, rendering it meaningless and unprofitable.
    4. One of the conditions for voiding the agreement was the continuation of criminal disputes. We requested that victims involved in criminal complaints continue to negotiate, but this has not been properly carried out.
These are the reasons for the termination.

JND Studio has made every effort over the past two and a half months to address the impact of the Shumi Arts situation on the domestic figure market, particularly concerning the acquisition of the two mass-production projects by Shumi Arts, which were expected to cause the most widespread damage. We successfully completed the acquisition of these two projects.

In addition, we attempted to acquire the entire development sources of Shumi Arts to minimize the real damage to more victims, but unfortunately, we were unable to achieve the desired result.

During this process, we also faced unfortunate circumstances, such as incurring significant costs, including hiring a lawyer.

I do not know how you will evaluate this situation, but I hope you will remember that JND Studio pursued this matter with goodwill, aiming to help heal the wounds of the domestic hobby market and collectors, and that one of the two pursued matters was successfully completed.

I also hope that the damages suffered by the victims will be quickly recovered.

We deeply appreciate the support many of you have given us during this time, and JND Studio will continue to work even harder.

Thank you.

Sincerely,Park Jung-hwan
JND Studio
Hello Mr Park Jung-hwan

Thank you but what about those who pre-ordered the version on another website will the order be honored ?

Hello Mr Park Jung-hwan

Thank you but what about those who pre-ordered the version on another website will the order be honored ?
Just to clarify I am not Mr. Park, just sharing the update. However, he did state that the list they received was from Shumi Arts, so I'm assuming if you ordered from a distributor you'd need to check with the distributor on what they are doing with the orders.

Yui
Sep 13: Webtoon release
Sep 20: Animation release
Sep 27: Pre-order open
Basic version (PVC): 1200 ES
Collector's edition (Kojun Works): 300 ES

Hikaru
Oct 2-3: Shanghai WF pre-release
Oct 11: Pre-order open
Basic version (PVC): 1000 ES

Wow I didn't expect these to get silicone versions, that's really interesting, I can't wait to see them!

Yeah I'm curious but I'll also probably just get the PVC, I don't really think silicone works at 1/6 scale, but it's great to see their dedication to this line!

Yeah I'm curious but I'll also probably just get the PVC, I don't really think silicone works at 1/6 scale, but it's great to see their dedication to this line!
That is true, they took over and instead of just producing what's advertised by shumi, they try to improve it!

as for silicone in 1/6 scale, I have the Beast (from Kung Fu Hustle), and it works really well! Waiting for JND Joker now, very excited about the future of this hobby! (not my wallet though)

That is true, they took over and instead of just producing what's advertised by shumi, they try to improve it!

as for silicone in 1/6 scale, I have the Beast (from Kung Fu Hustle), and it works really well! Waiting for JND Joker now, very excited about the future of this hobby! (not my wallet though)
Oh I remember seeing that figure, that's cool you're happy with it! I should get one silicone figure eventually to really form an opinion. I agree, the future is looking better recently, it's great to have three big companies competing for all our money lol

Yui
Sep 13: Webtoon release
Sep 20: Animation release
Sep 27: Pre-order open
Basic version (PVC): 1200 ES

Hikaru
Oct 2-3: Shanghai WF pre-release
Oct 11: Pre-order open
Basic version (PVC): 1000 ES
Very good thank you ! it is possible to have a lien i would like to see the collector eddition ? I pré-order basic version

Very good thank you ! it is possible to have a lien i would like to see the collector eddition ? I pré-order basic version
JND posted a sample of what the collectors edition would include for Yui. Not sure of I should post here since this thread is for Hikaru. May just wait to see if someone creates a separate thread for Yui.

Honestly, what a concept. I have no knowledge about Shumi Arts whatsoever, but this is their new division ShumiRai’s first release.

It’s fascinating that this figure has die-cast joints and magnets in the base, yet no other top of the industry standards like PERS and rooted hair. Not to mention the faux leather jacket? Maybe they think there’s too much risk for mass QA failures.

Faux leather aside, I think what will hurt this figure’s sales the most is the ludicrous price.

Edit — Gundamit - $465:
https://gundamit.com/shumirai-1-6-scfc001-hikaru-the-bounty-hunter_p2710.html
OSK - $492:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4530
SpecFictionShop - $575 (full price) / $595 (deposit)… LMAO:
https://www.specfictionshop.com/col...karu-the-bounty-hunter?variant=45221551407408
To be honest we will say yes it is expensive and no it is not, there are much more expensive pieces, without forgetting that it is a limited edition and that it will probably be triple on the second-hand market in a few years! yes I said second-hand!

Back