Sideshow Darth Vader Premium Format (Mustafar) - Head Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo111

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've come across a few posts similar to my question, but nothing in regards to this collectable and the head sculpt (apologies if I missed something).
I have the Sideshow Dart Vader Premium Format (with the Mustafar base) and I was trying to see why his lightsaber wouldn't light up.
Anyhow, as I was trying to see what was going on (Note: The saber still doesn't light up and there doesn't appear to be any visible issue with the lightsaber - all connectors have been cleaned), the head sculpt fell from a small height. But as luck would have it, it fell right on the edge of his helmet, breaking the silver protrusion from the mouthpiece (see attached).

I dont suppose anyone has or knows anyway I can get the head sculpt either fixed or replaced? Unfortunately it was my fault, so I am happy to pay for replacement, but I've had no luck with Sideshow Support.

Any info for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All! :)

Attachments

• Vader.jpeg
    Vader.jpeg
    715.7 KB
  • Vader2.jpg
    Vader2.jpg
    631.7 KB
Assuming you have the piece that broke off, I'd use a drop of super glue to get it back in place. If it broke into multiple pieces that might not be possible. I doubt Sideshow has any extra parts at this point so that's probably why you're not hearing much from them. There's going to be a slightly apparent line where you super glue but shouldn't be too noticeable... Good luck!

Assuming you have the piece that broke off, I'd use a drop of super glue to get it back in place. If it broke into multiple pieces that might not be possible. I doubt Sideshow has any extra parts at this point so that's probably why you're not hearing much from them. There's going to be a slightly apparent line where you super glue but shouldn't be too noticeable... Good luck!
Thanks Darth..
Unfortunately the head sculpt is a resin/porcelain makeup and yeah, the silver component demolished into numerous pieces, so it wouldn't be possible to super-glue it :(
Hopefully I will hear back from Sideshow, but I am not holding my breath. And to buy a new one just for the head sculpt.. well.. that isn't on the cards for me at the moment.

Thanks Darth..
Unfortunately the head sculpt is a resin/porcelain makeup and yeah, the silver component demolished into numerous pieces, so it wouldn't be possible to super-glue it :(
Hopefully I will hear back from Sideshow, but I am not holding my breath. And to buy a new one just for the head sculpt.. well.. that isn't on the cards for me at the moment.
I was hoping the tusk might've been a different material. Yeah, not a lot of options I am afraid. Only other thing I can think of is finding a 3D printed 1/4 scale Vader head and trimming the tusk off and painting it to match. A tough task unless you've done a lot of that kind of stuff though. I say you chalk it up to "battle damage"... :)

Back