Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting article. PVC is fine for statues as long as it's priced right. As the article pointed out, "It’s relatively cheap plastic". The bigger companies trying to convince their customers that PVC is just as expensive as polystone as the reason the prices are the same was a con IMO. There is a reason why other companies who have been making PVC statues for a very long time always priced it 40%-50% below their polystone counterparts, but that's just my opinion.....

Yup... I buy a PF pvc statue for $300.

Interesting article. PVC is fine for statues as long as it's priced right. As the article pointed out, "It’s relatively cheap plastic". The bigger companies trying to convince their customers that PVC is just as expensive as polystone as the reason the prices are the same was a con IMO. There is a reason why other companies who have been making PVC statues for a very long time always priced it 40%-50% below their polystone counterparts, but that's just my opinion.....

I'm not trying to defend higher pricing with pvc, but devil's advocate, what if it's an effort to recover development costs regardless of the material in production?

I'm not trying to defend higher pricing with pvc, but devil's advocate, what if it's an effort to recover development costs regardless of the material in production?

4-5 years ago the average price for a 1:4 statue was like $300, now it's pushing $600... That's a pretty big increase in price over a relatively short period. If they can't make profits on that I'm not sure a company could stay in business.. Just by the fact that most statues are not selling out very fast tells me customers are already hitting their limits on what their willing to spend on a 1:4 statue. If companies are trying to switch to PVC to increase their profits it's only going to backfire because the bottom line is customers look at PVC as being cheaper, thus they're only willing to spend so much for PVC statues.

Last edited:
The one thing with PVC or lower cost production items is that it does allow entrance to the marketplace...I started with the DC line of statues off of ebay...just cause I wanted some Harley Quinn stuff that matched cover art comics for display...that morphed into collecting the 1/3 and 1/4 line...I would never have gotten to the "big stuff" if not for having started on the lower end.

4-5 years ago the average price for a 1:4 statue was like $300, not it's pushing $600... That's a pretty big increase in price over a relatively short period. If they can't make profits on that I'm not sure a company could stay in business.. Just by the fact that most statues are not selling out very fast tells me customers are already hitting their limits on what their willing to spend on a 1:4 statue. If companies are trying to switch to PVC to increase their profits it's only going to backfire because the bottom line is customers look at PVC as being cheaper, thus they're only willing to spend so much for PVC statues.

Agreed!

The one thing with PVC or lower cost production items is that it does allow entrance to the marketplace...I started with the DC line of statues off of ebay...just cause I wanted some Harley Quinn stuff that matched cover art comics for display...that morphed into collecting the 1/3 and 1/4 line...I would never have gotten to the "big stuff" if not for having started on the lower end.

When I first started collecting I also got a lot of PVC statues, mostly Koto stuff. PVC in itself is fine, I think the issue was some companies trying to replace Polystone with PVC and then saying the costs of PVC were the same or more expensive so that's why the price for the statue is the same or higher as polystone statues. It could be true but for me I have a hard time paying $600+ on a 100% PVC statue. Back when I was buying Koto PVC statues the prices were pretty cheap, so it's hard for me to accept that PVC all of a sudden is a very expensive material.

When I first started collecting I also got a lot of PVC statues, mostly Koto stuff. PVC in itself is fine, I think the issue was some companies trying to replace Polystone with PVC and then saying the costs of PVC were the same or more expensive so that's why the price for the statue is the same or higher as polystone statues. It could be true but for me I have a hard time paying $600+ on a 100% PVC statue. Back when I was buying Koto PVC statues the prices were pretty cheap, so it's hard for me to accept that PVC all of a sudden is a very expensive material.

:goodpost:

Sideshow is going to keep raising their prices. Sure they aren’t selling out as quickly but they are still selling out. Look at how many people spent $1200 in a matter of 15 minutes for Thanos exclusive. I’m sure the regular is selling pretty well also. That didn’t help any of our cause. Sideshow is going to keep pushing the limits because they don’t have anything to lose currently

Well I don't know of many companies who have products that sell and think "Hey, maybe we should lower the price." Not really how things tend to work.

Like any other product on Earth, you're either ok with the price asked for what you're getting, or you're not. And if enough people on the planet are ok with it, then they have no reason to do anything different.

And let's be real.... we're buying statues of comic book characters for ~$500+. Our lives could be A LOT worse.

Wow, no blog and no pics. I wonder what happened and if it means the PO is going to be delayed.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Yes, very surprised there are no pics...unless they don't want to post the price and have people argue about it for a day or two. Does this mean a sizable price increase over Wonder Woman is coming (like in the $650 range)? I hope not. We'll see.

Yes, very surprised there are no pics...unless they don't want to post the price and have people argue about it for a day or two. Does this mean a sizable price increase over Wonder Woman is coming (like in the $650 range)? I hope not. We'll see.

That's what came to mind as well. I hope not, tho ...that would suck!

That's what came to mind as well. I hope not, tho ...that would suck!

They are changing it to a MAQ and need the time to figure out how much more they can charge their customers. :lol

Back