Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I ever got a piece that I deemed defective, I'd rather pay to mail the poorly painted piece back to SS rather than break it.
I know that's not their policy, but rather do that and they can repaint it instead of breaking it like that.

Really happy with my rex and anticipating the Trike.
Anybody got a street date for that?
Gonna make an awesome tableau with the two.

With exclusive dead body??? Are you sure they will also give you a new half-dead body, Dreamcazman? They asked you to break the base of T-Rex...did they say 'including' the exclusive body? They may eventually give you a replacement within 1000...but the exclusive dead body has no number under its base...I don't think you need to break that...just my question. :confused:
Apparently. The guy I've been talking with said all parts had to be smashed as it was a full exclusive replacement. Believe me, I was a bit hesitant to smash the half eaten corpse, but in keeping with the exclusivity I suppose it had to be smashed too. :(

Quote from email:

Please know the replacement being held for you is an exclusive piece, with the exclusive edition number and extra part. Please do sure to completely destroy all part of the statue. Once the pictures of the destruction have been received, your replacement will ship within 2 to 3 business days.

I have faith SS will deliver the goods or I'm going to be super pissed. :gah:

Apparently. The guy I've been talking with said all parts had to be smashed as it was a full exclusive replacement. Believe me, I was a bit hesitant to smash the half eaten corpse, but in keeping with the exclusivity I suppose it had to be smashed too. :(

Quote from email:

I have faith SS will deliver the goods or I'm going to be super pissed. :gah:

Yes, you will get a perfect full set, I believe. And keep these mails as evidences.

He received it today before work, just sent me this pic, i can t wait him to come back from work to open it and take a few shots.
meantime i keep staring at this pic i received...

My 328 seems to be ok, except a paint chip on the head(from what i ve seen on skype). The paint scheme is ok, all teeth in place, the feet fit perfect on the base. Feel better now.

Got my replacement, and while the Rex looks better, the EX piece has scratches on it and the base is chipped. Art box is beat to hell, too. SS said they have no more replacements and that I can either send it back or accept a $40 credit. Definitely annoyed, and pretty much epitomizes why I'm making my way out of this hobby.

Probably the typical sideshow BS, but they told me that they don't have any more replacement parts. At all. No more art boxes, no more corpses, nothing. I hope that those of you who haven't yet received yours don't have any issues, because it sounds like a $40 credit or return is the best you're going to get at this point.

I'm really frustrated right now. Anyone want my full statue? Who knows what will happen if I send it back, but if someone here is in the market I just want to recoup actual costs plus associated PayPal fees.

Last edited:
Even if they can't ship out replacements I would push for more than the $40 credit. Its some ******** that they'll allow so many of these to cone out of the factory with poor paint apps. If it were breaks and chips then fine, but this is purely lazy QC and low standards for the paint apps.

With Ex on wait list (WHICH IS IN THEORY 1000 SOLD!), & Jurassic World right around the corner, I would think/hope that many more collectors would be making more "noise" regarding this seemingly great statue with pics, vids, in depth critiques & discussions. Seems that the fervor has died down way too soon, at least for me it has, as I still await mine to arrive.

I am pissed & dismayed that SS is giving some collectors a hard time regarding replacements, token discounts, & frankly a ****** attitude, but the show must go on, ..........no? At least that's what I'm telling myself as I impatiently wait to see what type of quality awaits me. In the meantime, let the great ones received be honored with way more pics & vids, giving SS the message that we dinosaur fans are not settling, or going away any time soon.

I completely agree. If I had a good enough camera I'd snap some pics and upload them, but when other people do it I kinda get put off from posting my own just because I know I can't compete with the high res quality.

I got into dinosauria because the amount of good Dino stuff is very limited. The fact that some people talk about the entire line being canned due to collectors giving SS a hard time for their mistakes is unsettling.

I completely agree. If I had a good enough camera I'd snap some pics and upload them, but when other people do it I kinda get put off from posting my own just because I know I can't compete with the high res quality.

I got into dinosauria because the amount of good Dino stuff is very limited. The fact that some people talk about the entire line being canned due to collectors giving SS a hard time for their mistakes is unsettling.

Find it hard to believe that SS would pull the plug on the line due to complaints, as they have many with even their A-list lines. What will kill this line is lack of sales, period. If Jurassic World movie does not ignite way more interest in the Dinosauria line, then I fear the worst. HENCE MY PLEA TO MAKE SOME NOISE PEOPLE!!!!!! Or, sadly, we will go out with a whimper.

At one point, I thought the Stegosaurus maquette would be the last product from this line as it seemed that SS decided to pull the plug on the line back then.

But if I'm not mistaken, I did heard that this line has a steady fan base and is making profit for SS, albeit slowly, from an SS executive.

Actually...this line grows stronger and stronger during these years. Average quantity for each dinosaur was about 100~200 for exclusive and 500 for regular. But now...1000 for each repaint, 1000 for T-Rex exclusive(sold out/ into wait list), that's...a BIG number for EX. and '2000' for regular.

The upcoming Triceratops has 250 exclusive (sold out too!!) with 1000 regular...That means the demand from market gradually increases during the last 2~3 year, dinosauria line is known by more and more collector around the world.

They start to realize that 'Sideshow has dinosaur statue'...I mean, it's great!! and it's not easy because it took 5 years to make a line famous. That's why I don't want SS destroy their success.

Because you have to create many many good statues to build up your reputation, to win customers' belief. But you only need one or two fail statues to degrade your reputation and probably never recover.

Got my replacement T-Rex today and I'm pleased to report it's pretty much perfect. Good colouring, no chips & he has all his teeth! :rotfl
Even the half eaten corpse looks great!

I'm very happy. :)

WP_20150603_14_38_00_Pro[1].jpgWP_20150603_14_38_10_Pro[1].jpgWP_20150603_14_38_23_Pro[1].jpg

If you can recover the head only to make a head statue, and it will be nice i think...

Just had a thought, wonder if it's worth gluing the broken one back together... :wink1:

I think it would be worth the effort. If you decide to take up the challenge, I would suggest you slightly change the orientation of body & head, making it look like a fallen rex (lying on it's side), after fighting for the kill carcass. If you do, please keep us posted, & congrats!:wave

Back