Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup still looks as bad as ever. And you can't even have his head tilted down to hide the cartoony eyes, because the lower half of the face doesn't look like Eastwood either.

The photos they used for the thumbnail hint at a more detailed sculpt:

View attachment 724316

I pre-ordered him, but all along I've been wary this one seemed more cartoony than the Preacher or Josey Wales. I'm hoping that in hand he'll look more natural.
Clothing and accessories look great but the headsculpt is just as bad as Blondie. Why did they not have Yixie sculpt the whole line?

Clothing and accessories look great but the headsculpt is just as bad as Blondie. Why did they not have Yixie sculpt the whole line?
I literally think that their logic was, since Blondie and Munney are the more famous characters, that they’d sculpt them in house. Whereas characters like Josey and preacher could get outsourced because they’re more “niche”. It’s just that ironically their outsourced sculptor was much more talented than their in house sculptor.

I literally think that their logic was, since Blondie and Munney are the more famous characters, that they’d sculpt them in house. Whereas characters like Josey and preacher could get outsourced because they’re more “niche”. It’s just that ironically their outsourced sculptor was much more talented than their in house sculptor.
You're probably right! They wanted to feel like "we" (Sideshow) had the honor of sculpting the iconic characters. Though, I'd say Dirty Harry is pretty iconic as well and I believe that one was sculpted by Yixie, too. Who really knows their logic?

You're probably right! They wanted to feel like "we" (Sideshow) had the honor of sculpting the iconic characters. Though, I'd say Dirty Harry is pretty iconic as well and I believe that one was sculpted by Yixie, too. Who really knows their logic?
Yeah I forgot Yi xie also sculpted their Dirty Harry figure

At first I thought it was the over-exaggerated squint, like on the MWNN figure. But in this case, I think the issue with the sculpt is the mouth/chin area. I think they should have went with a partly open mouth, like when he's talking out of the side of his mouth like he does for most of the film...

1726168068227.png

Part of the problem with the sculpt is that it's too full. Clint was a bit gaunt and slender. SS's doesn't capture that at all.

I honestly think going with the squint expression was a mistake. When I think of the final seen from Unforgiven, I'm picturing the "eyes wide open, Clint looking directly into my soul" expression. Plus it would have helped differentiate this figure from their previous Clint Sculpts
1726196749775.png

Like all sculpts it comes down to, We see what we see. This is the reason I created my tribute to the Western seeking out suitable parts, doing my own Thing, no rules, if you see a likeness it is fine, if you do not it is fine too.

The bottom line is.... It must be fun.

Do you know who created Munny Sculpt?

Last edited:
Back