Spidey Comiquette is the most imortant Marvel Piece SS will release.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you say this has to work as a stand alone piece. Not everyone who will buy Spidey will buy Carnage and Venom. Venom is in a pretty calm pose. Carnage looks more action posed. The picture I posted would represent Spidey assessing the situation. If both of the villains are going to be both sides which way so you have him react in an action pose??

I found an image of a 2007 Marvel Masterpieces card Olivetti did.

spidermano.jpg

The pose they go with has to work on its own while at the same time fitting in with Venom and Carnage. A stoic, resting pose will not work in the middle of this particular set of three.

BTW you can see he is clearly about to react. A stoic pose would have both hands on a more level plane.

All of them drew Venom as hulking. The thing is he just got more hulking as the character progressed. At least it isn't Humberto Ramos inspired. His Venom was always three or four times the size he should have been.]

This is true. But in my case I do like Olivetti's Spidey much more than his Venom.

Can't wait to see a few photos/sneak peek.

As you say this has to work as a stand alone piece. Not everyone who will buy Spidey will buy Carnage and Venom. Venom is in a pretty calm pose. Carnage looks more action posed. The picture I posted would represent Spidey assessing the situation. If both of the villains are going to be both sides which way so you have him react in an action pose??

You have to think three dimensionally. Venom is in a calm, or about to strike pose from the front, rotate it to where the viewer sees the side of him from a front view and you have the first part. Then take Carnage, from dead on you have him attacking right? Rotate him in your mind's eye opposite to Venom so they in turn would be facing one another. Now imagine that Spidey is just leaping off the roof as if about to fight evil, that'd be the front view. Something like this:

lg_Spiderman%20-%20Roof%20Top%20Action%20(by%20chrischaaa).jpg

or even

lg_Spiderman%20-%20flash%20(by%20chrischaaa).jpg

but if you rotate it slightly towards Carnage you'd get him engaging with Venom behind as if about to strike as well. Something a kin to this:

spideyunlimited2.jpg

Only spread out with Venom and Carnage on one side instead of Carnage and Spidey in front of Venom, although you might be able to do that as well with Venom's pose. All of the pieces have detailing on the sides it looks like to achieve this, actually if one wanted you could buy Venom and Carnage, put them facing each other and get a Venom vs. Carnage look even without Spidey.

There will have to be a compromise on the pose. You want a semi-action pose but you also want something vertical enough to be the definitive museum Spidey. Remember, they already did the crouching thing on the PF.

The pose of the Back in Black piece is as Spider-like as you can get on a vertical posed statue. It may be a variation of that type of pose.

you just gotta be careful with certian poses. bowen did a series of spideys and they all didnt work out. but your basically looking at spidey's nut sack in your face. Personally i would like a still pose.

I am not sure if this will be SS most important release, but it will definately be up there in the important release categories.

I know I am in for one if it comes out, I think the core group will do a fantastic job, and will fit well with Venom and Carnage.

I have the utmost confidence this will be one of the greatest pieces that SS will produce. We've already seen how amazing venom turned out and it appears that carnage is on the same track. As an earlier post mentioned there is no room for error, spiderman has to be the centerstone of the three pieces. It can't be outdone by carnage and venom, which will be the greatest feat for this piece.

As far a the pose, I believe it is more important to compliment venom and carnage than it is to be a stand alone piece. Simply having the same base is not enough.

the 'problem' is that carnage is in attacking pose...so spidey must fit both venom and carnage..how can this be????

It can't be. That's why the 2 surrounding statues are compliments. Spidey can't be reacting to both pieces.

They will have the same theme due to similar bases but all of them can stand on their own.

comiquettes.jpg

I like it!
But I imagine Spidey will be perched on a forward facing gargoyle. Very much like Bowens Classic Venom.

for sure gore group will handle this and i hope the paint app is up to par. venom so far without a hitch besides some minor base peel.

Back