SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances of the throne eventually being marked down? I want the whole set up, but there's no way in hell I'm paying Hot Toys money for a polystone chair alone, plus a 90 dollar figure.

I'm sure over time you'll be able to find one for less... much like the Jabba and Throne now usually sells for $100+ less than it did for retail.

I'll still get the throne when its released... I plan on ordering from a retailer, but for now have it direct from Sideshow.

Search is your friend. ;)

The answer you seek can be found in the Thrawn thread. Look it up.

Geessssss! Wouldn't it be easier just to answer his question? :huh

Yes Wanderer, it was polystone but it was hollow and rather thin. It wasn't one solid piece like the djarak (sp?) table...but Jabba's throne wasn't either, if I remember correctly, and the Han Carbonite display wasn't solid either.

The chair was expected but the base being hollow was a little disappointing.

So Thrawn's chair is along the lines of Jabba's throne, hollow polystone instead of solid poly? From what I'd caught people saying, I was under the impression it was plastic like you'd find in a $20 Hasbro toy.

So Thrawn's chair is along the lines of Jabba's throne, hollow polystone instead of solid poly? From what I'd caught people saying, I was under the impression it was plastic like you'd find in a $20 Hasbro toy.

No...its not like a Hasblow toy.

It is hollow poly...funny smell and all. Just like Han's Carbonite display.

The chair has a real solid look to it, but damn if the thing ain't completely hollow. Nothing about it is solid...not even the base.

I'm ok with that, but for the price, thinking the Emperor's throne was going to show up feeling like a Hasbro accessory was a bit disturbing. Without getting into the whole debate of cost and all, I just find the Sideshow pieces feel worth what I pay for, even Jabba's throne, the way they're made, but if I were to pay SSC price for something that felt like a Hasbro toy, then I'd be bothered.

I'm ok with that, but for the price, thinking the Emperor's throne was going to show up feeling like a Hasbro accessory was a bit disturbing. Without getting into the whole debate of cost and all, I just find the Sideshow pieces feel worth what I pay for, even Jabba's throne, the way they're made, but if I were to pay SSC price for something that felt like a Hasbro toy, then I'd be bothered.

I would hope SSC would have too much pride to release anything close to the level of halfassedness that Hasbro delivers to the market sometimes. I've never bought anything from SSC that I thought was comparble. All the poly pieces I have from them are well done. Never have I been dissatisfied...just a little underwhelmed with the throne's base being hollow. I would have liked to have seen that piece solid. Its small enough but maybe SSC was thinking of the shipping cost.

I'm sure that's becoming a factor, probably more on their end, but it passes on to us. Shipping's going up enough, I'll take holo items to save some money there.

I'm sure that's becoming a factor, probably more on their end, but it passes on to us. Shipping's going up enough, I'll take holo items to save some money there.

I hear ya...shipping is getting quite expensive.

Now when I get stuff on ebay when its listed OBO, I just try to negotiate eliminating the shipping cost!:horror

I would hope SSC would have too much pride to release anything close to the level of halfassedness that Hasbro delivers to the market sometimes. I've never bought anything from SSC that I thought was comparble. All the poly pieces I have from them are well done. Never have I been dissatisfied...just a little underwhelmed with the throne's base being hollow. I would have liked to have seen that piece solid. Its small enough but maybe SSC was thinking of the shipping cost.

Anybody who owns the Hasbro Ark would laugh at that. :lol

I was gonna mention that, but i don't own either, so I don't know first hand how that turned out.

So Hasbro bested SSC on that one?

I won't be so naive as to say that the plastic is better than the polystone (save for durability), but visually, it spanked Sideshow's and left them with rosy, blistered cheeks. And there's absolutely no reason why Hasbro's free mail away ark should've been 100x more visually appealing than one that cost $70 more, especially given we're talking between Sideshow and Hasbro.

I won't be so naive as to say that the plastic is better than the polystone (save for durability), but visually, it spanked Sideshow's and left them with rosy, blistered cheeks.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Wow...that's too bad. Maybe that helped slow down IJ sales for SSC. i don't collect that line but I was surprised it got put on hold.

Does anyone know if there are photo's of The Emperor's cane??? I can't wait for the figure and the throne (don't mind if it is hollow or not :monkey3) but I want to see some photo's of his cane :dunno It's almost 3/4 month's ago that he was announced :impatient:

Back