SSC - Ghost Rider Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting on Tiger Stripe Wolverine which I thought would have been already shipped and displayed by now.

No FP options, hmmm.

I'm tempted, it kind of makes me want both to stand next to one another. Of course it still is Ghost Rider which is a niche character even in the Marvel Universe.

:lol Okay.

Honestly if they offered up a FP I probably would have got it because it could have slipped easily amongst the other orders I've got currently processing. I like that it ships immediately which is nice but I'm not a huge GR fan so I'm debating.

I have been trying to hold off on the brown one, but a tiger stripe wolverine would be a trigger pull instantly

This looks so much better than the first Black version. Something about the colors that make this look more "comic booky".
I would love to order this but nope, can't afford it at the moment.

350 pieces and still available, not even "low stock remaining". Well, who wants to grab him you don't have to hurry.

I have around 10 SSC figures and it's no secret the bodies aren't as stiff as Hot Toys figs, but I've come to expect that. None of them have ever been a problem for me. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, or maybe people whine too much.

I have around 10 SSC figures and it's no secret the bodies aren't as stiff as Hot Toys figs, but I've come to expect that. None of them have ever been a problem for me. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, or maybe people whine too much.

I think some people just like to play with their dollies a little too much... :chase ..... :wink1:

I have 14 SS 1/6 figures on display (all SW) along with a bunch I've never opened, and have no problems with loose joints on any of those that are opened. But I don't do squat with them. I take them out of the box, put them on their stand in a pretty basic museum pose, give them some of their accessories if they have them, maybe take a few photos, stick em on the shelf in a display cabinet, then basically just stare at them never to be touched again (except if I decide to do some dusting). :lol

I'm pretty positive they're not as good as the HT bodies, but so far I haven't seem to have any issues with any of them.... Yet. :(

I think some people just like to play with their dollies a little too much... :chase ..... :wink1:

I have 14 SS 1/6 figures on display (all SW) along with a bunch I've never opened, and have no problems with loose joints on any of those that are opened. But I don't do squat with them. I take them out of the box, put them on their stand in a pretty basic museum pose, give them some of their accessories if they have them, maybe take a few photos, stick em on the shelf in a display cabinet, then basically just stare at them never to be touched again (except if I decide to do some dusting). :lol

I'm pretty positive they're not as good as the HT bodies, but so far I haven't seem to have any issues with any of them.... Yet. :(

That to me sounds like it might be ok. I haven't bought any 1/6 figs in a long time, SSC J.B. was the first and I thought it overall turned out good, I like it. The body / articulation was pretty much what I expected. I'm a big GR fan and considered the black one but wasn't completely sold on it, I dig the look of this one. If it's around by the end of the month some RP free up and I may jump.

Should receive this on Tuesday. Aside that I like the blue better (far less generic), the fact the flames appear inside the eyes is a really nice touch, and something lacking in the original.

An okay figure, but a bit disappointed. Added some flame effects around him that I had.

1) The eyes are painted red inside, not transparent like flame.
2) Body is a little flimsy, particularly around midsection
3) Jaw does not articulate very well, can barely open it right now.
4) Paint apps are not bad, and clothing looks very good.

IMG_20181106_153450.jpg

Got mine today. The only problem I have with this figure is it's lack of accessories. Otherwise, I like it a lot.

SSC bodies have always been subpar. Unfortunately they still have not addressed the issue even though they have gone through several iterations of their body design wise.

HT has basically had the same body designs for years, continues to improve them, and are far superior.

It really is a shame because most everything else on their figures is great except the bodies.

The design of this figure looks really nice and very tempting but for the price they are asking and the flaws I’m expecting for me it’s just not worth it.

Based on the first 4 minutes of the video, I don't believe that guy has ever collected any 1/6 scale figures. All those articulation "issues" are no different than even Hot Toys (losing articulation due to the outfit, or trying to fold the figure in half and the torso/waist pops loose). I'm pretty sure he broke the one of the torso joints. The rest of his reviews are mostly Marvel Legend. He should stick with those, and stay away from adult collectibles....

I hate to post this but it’s problem that SSC finally needs to resolve with there 1/6 figures . I had the same problem with there GIJOE FIGURES 8 years ago . Found this video on YouTube . https://youtu.be/7ap8n7IB_9M

Anyone's figure would fall apart if they handle it like that, the guy is an amateur.

Based on the first 4 minutes of the video, I don't believe that guy has ever collected any 1/6 scale figures. All those articulation "issues" are no different than even Hot Toys (losing articulation due to the outfit, or trying to fold the figure in half and the torso/waist pops loose). I'm pretty sure he broke the one of the torso joints. The rest of his reviews are mostly Marvel Legend. He should stick with those, and stay away from adult collectibles....

He says it's his first from sideshow. He mentions HT later in the video but over-all this guy shouldn't be collecting these if he doesn't know how to handle them, which he clearly does not.

Seeing guy's like that make videos about sixth scale figures like he's an expert when he's clearly a novice makes me want to make my own videos... Too bad I hate being on camera.

Sideshow’s underlying body’s do suck on all my figures . Don’t know why they can’t use Coomodel bodies .

The middle section is loose on my figure, but that guy in the video was throwing it around like a yo-yo and clearly broke it.

The real issues is the articulated jaw...it doesn't actually open. The sculpt forces it close if you try and open it.

Back