SSR Alex Ross inspired 1/6 Superman “Justice Savior”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_2830.jpeg
IMG_2829.jpeg
IMG_2832.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg

Price is affordable like Justice Knight.

Must log in to view at OSK.

Odd that they're just reusing their Hush Superman suit for this piece instead of doing an actual Alex Ross inspired Superman suit. I have the suit from Custom Classic Team that I could use for this though that is an actual Justice Superman suit.

Hard to beat for $158 shipped. Might grab him and Batman. Only thing I'm wary on is SSR's quality control. How was their recent 2 releases?
New52 Batman has seemed to be universally praised for the most part. TDKR Batman 2.0 is also pretty good for the most part with a few grips about articulation of the WorldBox body and I think some ppl had some qc issues with either the headsculpt or bust (both?). The previous SSR figures have been more or less large scale custom runs where as I think New52 Batman and mayb TDKR 2.0 were done in a factory.

He looks great for the price.
The head looks a bit undersized though, especially given that Alex Ross is more realistic in his drawings.
I also think it's quite disingenuous that they photoshopped his neck line in all shots that aren't full frontal or from overhead.

Overall I still think SSR is doing great work here. I'm still waiting for the figure that pulls me in (like a Hush Batman V2).

Hard to beat for $158 shipped. Might grab him and Batman. Only thing I'm wary on is SSR's quality control. How was their recent 2 releases?

drVdEl4.png
Tempted to get both for that price!

Is it just the angle of the pic or did they go overboard on Superman's crotch padding :lol

drVdEl4.png

They’ve been improving with their QC…it’s just their choice of stock body that bugs me.

Their recently released TDKR 2.0 is a nice LOOKING figure…but you can’t pose the thing worth a damn. I’m glad I own it. But I do wish they offered a better body with better articulation.

So…for the price of $158, yeah, you will be getting a nice looking figure. But not anything beyond that IMO.

They’ve been improving with their QC…it’s just their choice of stock body that bugs me.

Their recently released TDKR 2.0 is a nice LOOKING figure…but you can’t pose the thing worth a damn. I’m glad I own it. But I do wish they offered a better body with better articulation.

So…for the price of $158, yeah, you will be getting a nice looking figure. But not anything beyond that IMO.
The SSR TDKR 2.0 used a Worldbox body. These Alex Ross Batman and Superman figures use SSR’s new body which is the same one they used for their New 52 Batman.

Great price.

What is 'head eagle' and 'new prime'. I'm assuming that means head sculpt and body? Not really sure here.

I have now preordered both of SSR's Alex Ross Batman and Superman from Kit. I own custom versions of these and the SSR versions not only look great but are a steal for the price. I should also mention I am a big Alex Ross fan.

Based on Alex Ross's art I think the chest symbols seem a bit small on these. Still great to have these available.

Back