Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From ROJ to TPM was nearly 15 years.

actress-renata-sorrah-calculating-q459ktle5exnccxh.webp

Yep, the only way to "fix" SW at this point is just to flush the junk (scrub it from Disney+, no future physical releases) and have nothing but the theatrical OT available to watch and since it does have a substantial following the PT as well. Get back to the two Lucas trilogies, people can pick one or the other or both, and that's it. The whole IP just needs a full enema.
You need to think bigger. I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit...

Andor is... admittedly... boring.
It's all too obvious you simply lack both the artistic maturity and the adult attention span required, in order to fully appreciate the profound dramatic subtleties and the masterfully worded dialogue of this modern classic. Shame on you Wor-Gar. Shame indeed...

I disagree about [Andor] being boring but I do agree there are no swashes being buckled, so it has very little to no re-watch value.
Would you say The Shawshank Redemption has very little to no re-watch value as well then?...

I disagree about it being boring but I do agree there are no swashes being buckled, so it has very little to no re-watch value.

Maybe ten.
I actually re-watched twice. Picked up on things second time round I missed and appreciate it more.

My solution though for fixing Star Wars is actually 2 options, one just aimed at pleasing fans, the other less pleasing to fans but solved issues long term:

For the fans you de-canonise almost all Disney content outside Rogue One and Andor (maybe Solo and Mando s1 and s2 can also be kept. Maybe), the rest is deleted from canon and relagated to tales. Then you replace the sequel trilogy with a new one that actually has thought and care put into it.

If you want to save the brand for normies too you need to distance your new content from the ruined existing franchise so you need to do a full reset. Start from scratch. Remake the prequel trilogy keeping what worked and replacing what didn't. Build from there. If the new prequels were made to better flow into the OT and not contradict it you would have better lead in to OT for old achool fans to enjoy even if the mainline franchise remakes them, fans could pick which version of OT to enjoy as part of their saga. Keep both OG fans and new gerneral audience happy.

I know that second option sounds like heresy but it is the truth of what needs to be done to save the franchise. If the limb is far too infected, lop it off. Sadly.

Last edited:
Would you say The Shawshank Redemption has very little to no re-watch value as well then?...
While they're both thoughtful dramas with long stretches of character study, one is a film and the other is a multi-season episodic series. I love Andor, but I'm not going to re-watch it, just as I'm not going to re-watch The Wire. Too much time investment for me.

The comparison I was making was the OT ... it's simple, accessible and full of spectacle. Andor is a different animal.

While they're both thoughtful dramas with long stretches of character study, one is a film and the other is a multi-season episodic series. I love Andor, but I'm not going to re-watch it, just as I'm not going to re-watch The Wire. Too much time investment for me.

The comparison I was making was the OT ... it's simple, accessible and full of spectacle. Andor is a different animal.
On that note:

Not sure I ever saw this interview, and it's so nice. And just wait for the end... :lol

I actually re-watched twice. Picked up on things second time round I missed and appreciate it more.

My solution though for fixing Star Wars is actually 2 options, one just aimed at pleasing fans, the other less pleasing to fans but solved issues long term:

For the fans you de-canonise almost all Disney content outside Rogue One and Andor (maybe Solo and Mando s1 and s2 can also be kept. Maybe), the rest is deleted from canon and relagated to tales. Then you replace the sequel trilogy with a new one that actually has thought and care put into it.

If you want to save the brand for normies too you need to distance your new content from the ruined existing franchise so you need to do a full reset. Start from scratch. Remake the prequel trilogy keeping what worked and replacing what didn't. Build from there. If the new prequels were made to better flow into the OT and not contradict it you would have better lead in to OT for old achool fans to enjoy even if the mainline franchise remakes them, fans could pick which version of OT to enjoy as part of their saga. Keep both OG fans and new gerneral audience happy.

I know that second option sounds like heresy but it is the truth of what needs to be done to save the franchise. If the limb is far too infected, lop it off. Sadly.
starwarsIII_8552.jpg

Not bad for a Shakespearean actor.
What an amazing career. To be remembered as a fantastic actor for movies like A Bridge on the River Kwai and Doctor Zhivago, and to be part of one of the greatest cultural phenomenons of the 20th century.
Effing legend.
Plus he was an amazing comedic actor - Kind Hearts and Coronets, Lavender Hill Mob, The Man In The White Suit, The Ladykillers are all amaaaaaazing.

Plus there’s Tinker Tailor.

Incredible career.

So the main Star Wars comic series by Marvel is coming to an end in a couple of months. It's been covering the period between ESB and ROTJ.

So far we've seen Leia frozen in carbonite just like Han, a Crimson Dawn subplot featuring Q'ira that was very similar to Shadows of the Empire and Black Sun, and a droid virus that took over the whole galaxy.

We've also had Lando commit high treason against the Rebellion, with Madine wanting to "space" him but his sentence being commuted in exchange for serving the Alliance indefinitely.

Remember this is all canon now, on the same level as the movies. Does that Lando sound like the guy you'd want leading the Battle of Endor, the Rebellion's literal last stand?

I think I am at the point where the only Star Wars I will accept are the six George Lucas movies only, nothing else. If it involves Disney at all then I will have nothing to do with it.

I think I am at the point where the only Star Wars I will accept are the six George Lucas movies only, nothing else. If it involves Disney at all then I will have nothing to do with it.
I mostly agree, but there is some good strewn throughout the Disney disasters. So I do struggle with a few things I would maybe like to keep in "My" personal canon.

Rogue One is the only movie for me that can be thrown in there. It's very well done, has some great scenes, and since everyone dies it doesn't do anything to upset the OT. The only thing one would question maybe, is why we've never seen the cool K2 Imperial droids or U-Wing before/after in the OT.

The same could be said for Mandalorian s1 & s2. I don't remember anything upsetting the balance, and the ending of s2 is still a great set up that Luke is still the same honorable character and trying to rebuild the Jedi Order. If you ever watch the behind the scenes stuff on D+, Favreau and Filoni are very strong on preserving everything George did. And George was on set a bit here and there. If someone skilled could edit out the crap (and maybe replace the mechanic lady somehow), s1 & s2 could each be made into a pretty good set of movies.

And finally maybe Andor, but we have yet to see it's conclusion with s2 and how it leads into Rogue One. So far I can easily ignore it as well.

It's BOBF and on that starts to under mine everything and change story and characters. And lest us NEVER mention the ST. That 💩 DOES NOT AND NEVER WILL EXIST in my mind. Along with OWK and Acoshyte. Even Ahsoka is bantha poodo as it ruined many characters for me.

As for the animated toons, I enjoyed TCW cartoon, but only ever watched it through once I believe. As much as I like it, all the Clone only episodes were pretty damn good, not sure if I'd want to keep it as it adds in too many new characters/stories that lead into the Disney crap and can raise questions. Pretty much the same with Rebels, although as a whole no where near as enjoyable as TCW. But like I said above, anything enjoyable in Rebels was ruined by Ahsoka. That makes it easy to drop Ahsoka and Mando s3 even if there was anything I liked, but I didn't.

I mostly agree, but there is some good strewn throughout the Disney disasters. So I do struggle with a few things I would maybe like to keep in "My" personal canon.

Rogue One is the only movie for me that can be thrown in there. It's very well done, has some great scenes, and since everyone dies it doesn't do anything to upset the OT. The only thing one would question maybe, is why we've never seen the cool K2 Imperial droids or U-Wing before/after in the OT.

The same could be said for Mandalorian s1 & s2. I don't remember anything upsetting the balance, and the ending of s2 is still a great set up that Luke is still the same honorable character and trying to rebuild the Jedi Order. If you ever watch the behind the scenes stuff on D+, Favreau and Filoni are very strong on preserving everything George did. And George was on set a bit here and there. If someone skilled could edit out the crap (and maybe replace the mechanic lady somehow), s1 & s2 could each be made into a pretty good set of movies.

And finally maybe Andor, but we have yet to see it's conclusion with s2 and how it leads into Rogue One. So far I can easily ignore it as well.

It's BOBF and on that starts to under mine everything and change story and characters. And lest us NEVER mention the ST. That 💩 DOES NOT AND NEVER WILL EXIST in my mind. Along with OWK and Acoshyte. Even Ahsoka is bantha poodo as it ruined many characters for me.

As for the animated toons, I enjoyed TCW cartoon, but only ever watched it through once I believe. As much as I like it, all the Clone only episodes were pretty damn good, not sure if I'd want to keep it as it adds in too many new characters/stories that lead into the Disney crap and can raise questions. Pretty much the same with Rebels, although as a whole no where near as enjoyable as TCW. But like I said above, anything enjoyable in Rebels was ruined by Ahsoka. That makes it easy to drop Ahsoka and Mando s3 even if there was anything I liked, but I didn't.
You can even keep Mando Season 2 and just pretend that Ahsoka is a lone random PT Jedi that survived the purge. She never specifically says she was an apprentice of Anakin's in that episode if I remember correctly.

The only thing one would question maybe, is why we've never seen the cool K2 Imperial droids or U-Wing before/after in the OT.
The droids could've been phased out or deployed elsewhere, the galaxy's big. As for the U-Wing -- the Alliance was working with limited resources, it's not out of the question they had only a limited number of them that they lost via attrition.

If someone skilled could edit out the crap (and maybe replace the mechanic lady somehow), s1 & s2 could each be made into a pretty good set of movies.

Agreed.

Back