Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mando S1-S2 are infinitely worth revisiting so much so that I bought them and will also buy Mando S3 and BOBF because of the 2 excellent Mando episodes in that.

Acolyte will ultimately end up being a one and done, it’s already there.

I don’t think they will stick the landing with their “sith” narrative which was the entire premise of the show.

I can’t believe they’re doing the “Phantom Menace” all over again lol

Then evoking The Knights of Ren for some odd reason that ultimately will also not pay off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It seems like all they had to do was set this a few hundred years before TPM and then all the Sith stuff at least would have been fine.

20240627_170800.jpg

So I didn't know what cortosis metal was. So if LH is hiring these folks who "know nothing about SW" but still come up with some obscure lore to use in the show, then did LH & co. really do research and just decided to blow off (obscure) canon?:mad:

Or was some of her staff ignorant, and some not? And why bother, if a lot of your "chosen audience" doesn't know why those light sabers shorted out either? :thwak

And are we going to get some exposition from the Green Zucchini like "only cortosis has that effect on light sabers" which is more *&^& writing compared to the handling of vibranium, beskar, and even light sabers in the OT. Where you let the audience know what something is, and why it's special. This show is a mess.:pfft:

So I didn't know what cortosis metal was. So if LH is hiring these folks who "know nothing about SW" but still come up with some obscure lore to use in the show, then did LH & co. really do research and just decided to blow off (obscure) canon?:mad:

What obscure canon are you referring to? Ki-Adi's birthday? From what I've read, that's from a trading card which is "Legends canon" meaning, it's canon until Disney decides a new story trumps it. And they just did.

They told us upfront that everything pre-Disney was up in the air as far as what happened in the EU. That's why they tagged all that older material with "Legends."

Your post in thread Star Wars: The Acolyte was moved to another thread. Reason: Moved to the appropriate thread.
My future lightsaber concept post was deleted.
Now when Disney steals it (they have eyes everywhere) I have no proof it was here. :angryfist:

Last edited:
I'm being serious, was George Lucas consulted on this show at all, or any of the other shows?
lol they aren't gonna reach out to that guy at all.

Didn't the legit owner KAthleen Kennedy state they have no lore to pull from or no books to make movies of like marvel does? They aren't consulting a damn soul lmao

I'm being serious, was George Lucas consulted on this show at all, or any of the other shows?
“I was the one who really knew what Star Wars was … who actually knew this world, because there’s a lot to it. The Force, for example, nobody understood the Force,...When they started other ones after I sold the company, a lot of the ideas that were in [the original] sort of got lost. But that’s the way it is. You give it up, you give it up.”. - George Lucas

“The ones [ideas] that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those, ....So they made up their own." - George Lucas

Last edited:
“I was the one who really knew what Star Wars was … who actually knew this world, because there’s a lot to it. The Force, for example, nobody understood the Force,...When they started other ones after I sold the company, a lot of the ideas that were in [the original] sort of got lost. But that’s the way it is. You give it up, you give it up.”. - George Lucas

“The ones [ideas] that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those, ....So they made up their own." - George Lucas
Exactly lol.

But I remember back then everyone wanted Lucas away from the brand becuase the prequel hate was still there it was only until the St came out that people appreciated his work more and his input. May not of been perfect but the guy made the universe. He just didn't know how to execute things properly.

Like I love revenge of the sith but it could of been a perfect movie if things were done better . Like I feel like the Mustufar fight is better on the ps2 game becuase there is actual dialoge between the characters while they are fighting but in the actual movie they don't say anything they just fight until anakin gets burned.

What obscure canon are you referring to? Ki-Adi's birthday? From what I've read, that's from a trading card which is "Legends canon" meaning, it's canon until Disney decides a new story trumps it. And they just did.

They told us upfront that everything pre-Disney was up in the air as far as what happened in the EU. That's why they tagged all that older material with "Legends."
Noted.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-acolyte-cortosis-gauntlet-canon/

But, why bother anyway, lol I thought either Smilo was shorting out the sabers with the Force since he seems to be uber-powered; or they were just *&^%$ light sabers :monkey3 . It's not like I'm gonna watch this over and over to figure out what was going on in the DARK.

Once is plenty. I've made the mistake before with TROS where it just got worse on the second viewing. :horror

Exactly lol.

But I remember back then everyone wanted Lucas away from the brand becuase the prequel hate was still there it was only until the St came out that people appreciated his work more and his input. May not of been perfect but the guy made the universe. He just didn't know how to execute things properly.

Like I love revenge of the sith but it could of been a perfect movie if things were done better . Like I feel like the Mustufar fight is better on the ps2 game becuase there is actual dialoge between the characters while they are fighting but in the actual movie they don't say anything they just fight until anakin gets burned.

Regrettably

IXeB4Aj.gif

Anakin found time to utter the line ''from my point of view the Jedi are evil!''

Back