Superman Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just amazed, adoring, inspired and jealous! Anytime I get a feeling of completion with my collection I see something like this and I'm forced to revise my ideas of layout, position, spacing and even availability.

What is your favourite piece? are you still collecting? What is your favourite Superman Story? Who is your favourite artist?

Thank you for the kind words. What do you collect?

My favorite is either the Doomsday or Superman Forever customs…although the Sideshow bust still holds a special place for me.

Yes, still collecting. I’ll probably have to sell a few of my least favorite pieces to make space for new stuff. I currently have a few more villains on order along with a recreation of “The Battle of the Century” comic cover with Spider-Man.

Kingdom Come is my favorite story, although the Death and Return story is nostalgic. Alex Ross and Dan Jurgens are my favorites. Jurgens sketched this for me a few months ago:

IMG_5908.jpeg

Oh man! That is so special! I am speechless...

The Death of Superman is known for what it is, the death of earth's greatest hero. But the total of the Superman, Adventures, Action,MOS and JL issues is some of the best stuff ever in comics! John Bogdanoves work is breathtaking. Jurgens and Breeding give probably the best fight graphics ever in Superman #75. The whole arc through rein and then return is jaw dropping. It includes so much of what came before (eradicator, power within, death of LL, exile etc.). Its an eternal classic that never ages! The Death of Clark Kent is amazing as well!

I collect figures and statues, mainly 6-8". All stuff that I love - especially when it showcases some of my favourite artists (e.g. Gary Frank, Frank Quitely, Ed McGuinness, Kelley Jones, Jim Lee etc.). Im trying to get as much Batman B&W and Superman MOS as I can. I am hoping to branch out to bigger stuff. I recently got the Superman & Lois secret origin cover from DC Collectibles - which is the biggest and most expensive piece I own. Here's the start hopefully! I hope to get the Iron studios Superman/Doomsday some day too.

Kingdome Come is amazing! Getting the Absolute soon. Can't wait for the Legends doc either. Are you happy with Corenswet's "S" shield? Or do you prefer the more classic S?

Sorry for rambling...

Oh man! That is so special! I am speechless...

The Death of Superman is known for what it is, the death of earth's greatest hero. But the total of the Superman, Adventures, Action,MOS and JL issues is some of the best stuff ever in comics! John Bogdanoves work is breathtaking. Jurgens and Breeding give probably the best fight graphics ever in Superman #75. The whole arc through rein and then return is jaw dropping. It includes so much of what came before (eradicator, power within, death of LL, exile etc.). Its an eternal classic that never ages! The Death of Clark Kent is amazing as well!

I collect figures and statues, mainly 6-8". All stuff that I love - especially when it showcases some of my favourite artists (e.g. Gary Frank, Frank Quitely, Ed McGuinness, Kelley Jones, Jim Lee etc.). Im trying to get as much Batman B&W and Superman MOS as I can. I am hoping to branch out to bigger stuff. I recently got the Superman & Lois secret origin cover from DC Collectibles - which is the biggest and most expensive piece I own. Here's the start hopefully! I hope to get the Iron studios Superman/Doomsday some day too.

Kingdome Come is amazing! Getting the Absolute soon. Can't wait for the Legends doc either. Are you happy with Corenswet's "S" shield? Or do you prefer the more classic S?

Sorry for rambling...

Nice! I used to have that Superman and Lois statue until I started buying bigger scale. It’s a slippery slope!

If I’m being honest, I think Corenswet’s entire suit is pretty ugly, but I’m hoping the movie is good. I liked Cavill as Superman, but didn’t care much for the movies. What do you think?

Since you mentioned Gary Frank, this is the Brainiac statue I have ordered based on his art.

IMG_6443.jpeg

IMG_6445.jpeg

IMG_6444.jpeg

Nice! I used to have that Superman and Lois statue until I started buying bigger scale. It’s a slippery slope!

If I’m being honest, I think Corenswet’s entire suit is pretty ugly, but I’m hoping the movie is good. I liked Cavill as Superman, but didn’t care much for the movies. What do you think?

Since you mentioned Gary Frank, this is the Brainiac statue I have ordered based on his art.

View attachment 724385
View attachment 724386
View attachment 724387
Oh good grief. Where is this from? I just read Brainiac yesterday. Its so awesome - from start to finish! It's definitely the most threatening Brainiac I've ever read. And the design... Especially the sequences where his pods unfold. There are a lot of sequences where its just pictures and no dialogue or words and it works so damn well. But I was not prepared for the end. Its heartbreaking! I love Johnathan Kent. The Clark and dad interactions in Secret Origin, For All Seasons and Brainiac really define perfect storytelling for me. And its such a rollercoaster of unpredictability at the end of Brainiac. I had an ominous feeling the it might be Johnathan time and then when he saves Martha I was shocked and delighted. Of course, I was surprised yet again...

What stories/art/media is your favourite Superman?

How does this statue work? Are there swappable arms and heads? The base is amazing. The colours are perfect and the bottled city (Kandor I presume because I don't see the DP) is the cherry on top. What size is it?

To be honest my enthusiasm for Superman (2025) is through the roof. I have complete faith in Gunn - especially when I see the materials he seems to draw on and the writers he mentions. When I first saw the suit I was very surprised. The first thing that I noticed was how big it seemed and the background. I thought it was a really good cosplay ... until I saw that it was DC who tweeted it. Since then its really grown on me. The set photos and the colours in bright light have endeared me even more. Guy's suit is another story....

As for MoS its one of my most rewatched movies. I know its not perfect and there are things that I certainly would love were different, but for some reason my feelings don't listen to my mind and I always enjoy it. Clark and family, Flight, the action and battles... It's amazing to see. And then Superman returning against Steppenwolf in ZSJL is one of my favourite movie moments ever.

Oh good grief. Where is this from? I just read Brainiac yesterday. Its so awesome - from start to finish! It's definitely the most threatening Brainiac I've ever read. And the design... Especially the sequences where his pods unfold. There are a lot of sequences where its just pictures and no dialogue or words and it works so damn well. But I was not prepared for the end. Its heartbreaking! I love Johnathan Kent. The Clark and dad interactions in Secret Origin, For All Seasons and Brainiac really define perfect storytelling for me. And its such a rollercoaster of unpredictability at the end of Brainiac. I had an ominous feeling the it might be Johnathan time and then when he saves Martha I was shocked and delighted. Of course, I was surprised yet again...

What stories/art/media is your favourite Superman?

How does this statue work? Are there swappable arms and heads? The base is amazing. The colours are perfect and the bottled city (Kandor I presume because I don't see the DP) is the cherry on top. What size is it?

To be honest my enthusiasm for Superman (2025) is through the roof. I have complete faith in Gunn - especially when I see the materials he seems to draw on and the writers he mentions. When I first saw the suit I was very surprised. The first thing that I noticed was how big it seemed and the background. I thought it was a really good cosplay ... until I saw that it was DC who tweeted it. Since then its really grown on me. The set photos and the colours in bright light have endeared me even more. Guy's suit is another story....

As for MoS its one of my most rewatched movies. I know its not perfect and there are things that I certainly would love were different, but for some reason my feelings don't listen to my mind and I always enjoy it. Clark and family, Flight, the action and battles... It's amazing to see. And then Superman returning against Steppenwolf in ZSJL is one of my favourite movie moments ever.

I also read Brainiac not that long ago. Great story! I’m mainly a comic book guy, but I also like Superman: The Animated Series and Smallville.

That statue is 1/4 scale and comes with multiple swap out arms and two heads.

I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m actually looking forward to the Supergirl movie as well. Not sure if you’ve read Woman of Tomorrow yet, but it could be a fun film if that’s what they adapt like they’ve said.

Me too. I finished STAS in June and just love it. Tim Daly is fantastic. And its such a great set up to my favourite show ever - JL:TAS/JLU. I can never really decide who I prefer: Daly or Newburn. I love Michael Rosenbaum (THE voice of the Flash for me) but have never seen Smallville. I guess I'm a little put off by how old it is and the quality of some clips I've seen. But I've also seen some stuff I love. I should really just bite the bullet. And I remember reading how it was really influenced by Birthright - and I love that.

I'm waiting for the new Deluxe edition of Woman of Tomorrow. I'm really excited for it. I know some people despise him (and his rebirth Batman run had amazing highs but also some misses) but I am also excited to read some Tom King. And I haven't read much super girl yet either.

Me too. I finished STAS in June and just love it. Tim Daly is fantastic. And its such a great set up to my favourite show ever - JL:TAS/JLU. I can never really decide who I prefer: Daly or Newburn. I love Michael Rosenbaum (THE voice of the Flash for me) but have never seen Smallville. I guess I'm a little put off by how old it is and the quality of some clips I've seen. But I've also seen some stuff I love. I should really just bite the bullet. And I remember reading how it was really influenced by Birthright - and I love that.

I'm waiting for the new Deluxe edition of Woman of Tomorrow. I'm really excited for it. I know some people despise him (and his rebirth Batman run had amazing highs but also some misses) but I am also excited to read some Tom King. And I haven't read much super girl yet either.
I need to watch the Justice League series next. I have them both and have never gotten around to it. Smallville is pretty cheesy. You might not like it if you didn’t watch it back when it aired like I did.

Back