T-1 or T-2 - which film is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Terminator movie is your very favoritest?

• The Terminator

Votes: 105 48.6%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • Terminator 3

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Terminator: Salvation

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
T1 was terrifying. T2 wasn't... simple as that.

Terminator = Terror

Btw, what was the PS escape car, a Gremlin? Or some weird AMC hatchback?

I always thought T2 was just a bigger budget version of T-1. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it very much, but the "re-use" of scenes from part 1 was a downer for me. T-1=original, hardcore and T-2=re-hashed scenes/senerios, bigger budget.

I prefer T2 by a long shot. It still resonates as the greatest action movie of all time for me.

I think it depends on your experiences. I was 9 when T2 was new, I caught the marketing, I had the toys, and because of timing, it aired on TV and was edited so my parents would let me watch it, I had parents that wouldn't let a kid that young watch and R movie, and I don't hold it against them. Terminator 2 and Rambo 3 were my big breaks into more adult movies and action films, I grew up playing with T2 toys and imitating the Arnie shotgun load with toy rifles I had and I would sneak peaks of TV shows doing stories on T2. I was engrossed in T2 long before I had a chance to see T1, again because of it needed to be on TV and edited.

I think favoritism of one over the other comes down to the order you viewed them in, if you were part of the 80s when T1 came out or more a 90s kid when T2 was the big thing. You can also just prefer one over the other anyway too.

Another thing for me is that I enjoy Schwarzenegger as the hero. I'm sure for people who saw T1 back in the day, Arnie wasn't such a household name that him as the villain was more acceptable, for me, with Kidergarten Cop and Twins and movies like that, I grew up liking him as a hero like Stallone. I enjoy T1, but I prefer Arnie as the core hero like T2. Also, for my age, T2's world is just more appealing, I was to young in the 80s to ever like the styles or pick them up, so a lot of things in T1 are bizarre to me. Many people love the Tech Noir look for the T-800, I really don't care for the goofy outfit at all, it doesn't even seem plausible that any person would wear that. I like the biker look because it seems much more normal and it's a lot like T2.

t1 but t2 was great also. same thoughts as most of the above posters...

Yeah T2 reached a larger audience. T1 was more under radar And built a cult following

Plus T1 was surprisingly popular with children, Im sure that influenced them to make T2 more geared towards families. The fact that Cameron got likeness rights up front shows he was planning to sell a bunch of merchandise to kids

I think it depends on your experiences. I was 9 when T2 was new, I caught the marketing, I had the toys, and because of timing, it aired on TV and was edited so my parents would let me watch it, I had parents that wouldn't let a kid that young watch and R movie, and I don't hold it against them. Terminator 2 and Rambo 3 were my big breaks into more adult movies and action films, I grew up playing with T2 toys and imitating the Arnie shotgun load with toy rifles I had and I would sneak peaks of TV shows doing stories on T2. I was engrossed in T2 long before I had a chance to see T1, again because of it needed to be on TV and edited.

I think favoritism of one over the other comes down to the order you viewed them in, if you were part of the 80s when T1 came out or more a 90s kid when T2 was the big thing. You can also just prefer one over the other anyway too.

Another thing for me is that I enjoy Schwarzenegger as the hero. I'm sure for people who saw T1 back in the day, Arnie wasn't such a household name that him as the villain was more acceptable, for me, with Kidergarten Cop and Twins and movies like that, I grew up liking him as a hero like Stallone. I enjoy T1, but I prefer Arnie as the core hero like T2. Also, for my age, T2's world is just more appealing, I was to young in the 80s to ever like the styles or pick them up, so a lot of things in T1 are bizarre to me. Many people love the Tech Noir look for the T-800, I really don't care for the goofy outfit at all, it doesn't even seem plausible that any person would wear that. I like the biker look because it seems much more normal and it's a lot like T2.

Cut to the chase already!

The T-1000 probably puts T2 ahead for me but I don't think I could really choose between the first two. They fit together perfectly, I think, and so it feels like choosing whether you like the first half of a film or the second half.

Interesting to see T1 taking an early lead but I know that won't last on this forum.

I was a child of T2 myself but I've come to realise that T1 is a better film overall. Much better pacing and villain Arnie retroactively came to be a very unique experience. I'm numb to the outdated effects and bad haircuts, I just accept them. Also that kid in T2 had a classic mullet so it can't exactly claim superiority in that department.

Interesting you fell into the same thing as I did. I never knew much about Arnie back then, people raved about him in school Commando and such. I went to the video shop (obviously not by myself) to get Terminator 2 because thats all everyone was talking about that summer? As I too saw T2 before T1 and was heavily engrossed in the toys like yourself. The T2 music really moved me, entering the steel mill and Goodbye. So moving that I had to get the soundtrack on tape back then. I think I also got Total Recall as well though that really scared the hell out of me. It drastically changed my view on Arnie. Just too scarily freakishly Sci-Fi for my liking. Mutants and such. The whole story freaked me out when I was little. Though you think nothing of it now. Such a kick ass film especially Rachel Ticotin but thats going off topic. Last Action Hero got me back into loving Arnie as a hero again. Then at a later date I saw Twins. Class film. It totally shocked me such a change in role Arnie took there. Great nevertheless.

Only just recently I bought the special edition T1 DVD as it was showing on Sky Digital a lot before and during Christmas. I mean I had seen it way before then must have been mid- late 90's but only just recently T1 has really started to grow on me. In the past it just felt very meh to me. The whole dark somewhat violent dark sinister effect really intrigues me now.

The big fat boy Harley really fascinated me as a kid. It just looked so modern and kick ass as well as his outfit. I was always trying to find leather jackets back then as I thought it was so cool. Sadly I could never find an exact match.

Now though with changes in taste as you get older T1 has really grown on me more than T2 though. When I was younger nothing would have changed my opinion about T2.

I must admit about the baggy outfit. It still looks dorky and puffy and those silly open hand leather gloves but when he starts coming after you thats the last thing you're thinking. He'll stop at nothing! It was quite daunting at times.

John's Blond Friend had a mullet. Not John.. not that I could see.

I know..but hey John had a stupid haircut too. Actually not all dissimilar from the mop I would have been sporting at the time! A guy in school used to call me John Connor. And funnily enough now I look like John Connor in T4! A small, skinny version but you get the idea.

The original Terminator is just awesome. It and Predator are easily my two favourite Arnie movies.
T-2 was a bit neutered in the violence department, the whole series has since gone this way, but was as good a sequel as you could get save for the thumbs up at the end, Sarah's voice over rants and no endoskeleton action.
T3 is just awful on every level. I get pissed off just thinking about it. "Oh but it has a cool chase scene with the crane..." :duh:duh:duh
Salvation had it's share of equally great and ordinary moments but I think they missed the point with the whole war - I didn't feel like I was in one.
Any Terminator movie minus James Cameron is most likely going to suck.

Back