Terminator Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am never off this forum man :lol Its very unlikely I would ever not notice a response or even a comment.

If I do .... theres something wrong. :lol
Yeah the soundtrack rocks ! :rock Do you sculpt often ? Or was this just a one off project , your works brilliant.

I am never off this forum man :lol Its very unlikely I would ever not notice a response or even a comment.

If I do .... theres something wrong. :lol
Yeah the soundtrack rocks ! :rock Do you sculpt often ? Or was this just a one off project , your works brilliant.

But do you get some kind of notice that you've been replied to?

I try to do everything if I can but it doesn't make me as skilled at one thing as I'd like to be since I try to do a lot of different things. Must have been pretty easy for Charles Shultz I always think drawing Snoopy all day. I draw, sculpt, animate, paint. What ever ideas I get I try it. Just wish I could do them quicker and had more time to get them done. I suppose if I picked one thing to do I'd become better and quicker at it. There's a link to my myspace page on the youtube video if you want to check out what I do. Not for a living yet but I do it. I'm not skilled at figuring out how to make money doing any of my hobbies yet. Mostly because I want to do my own stuff and want people to want that. If I make other people's stuff that's not a hobby, it's a job. I always say if someone's says they luv thier job it's not a job it's a hobby they're getting paid to do.

Wow...I would kill for a 1:1 mixed media bust. The T1 Terminator has always been my favorite. Perfect likeness.

I was thinking of doing a life size one and using real gargoyle sunglasses for it. I have a pair but I don't know if they sell them anymore. I'm glad you think it looks like him though. I think that's moslty what I want to hear the most. It has to look like him though or I wouldn't be satisfied with it. You know what I mean. Nothing worse then liking a character and you see something for sale and it looks nothing like the character you like.

But do you get some kind of notice that you've been replied to?

I try to do everything if I can but it doesn't make me as skilled at one thing as I'd like to be since I try to do a lot of different things. Must have been pretty easy for Charles Shultz I always think drawing Snoopy all day. I draw, sculpt, animate, paint. What ever ideas I get I try it. Just wish I could do them quicker and had more time to get them done. I suppose if I picked one thing to do I'd become better and quicker at it. There's a link to my myspace page on the youtube video if you want to check out what I do. Not for a living yet but I do it. I'm not skilled at figuring out how to make money doing any of my hobbies yet. Mostly because I want to do my own stuff and want people to want that. If I make other people's stuff that's not a hobby, it's a job. I always say if someone's says they luv thier job it's not a job it's a hobby they're getting paid to do.

I don't think you get any notifications on the default forum settings but there will be a way to change it I'm sure.
Your work is amazing. I'm currently studying art myself. Interested in all this too , more the digital side of it all though.
I too hope to be paid for what I love doing. You can sometimes just have to go through a lot of crap to get to that point but I'm sure its worth it at the end of it all.
Keep up the awesome work bro ! :rock

Wow...I would kill for a 1:1 mixed media bust. The T1 Terminator has always been my favorite. Perfect likeness.

Oh yeah and the first Terminator will always be the best and make the most sense. All the Terminators wouldn't look like Arnold, all the same. An infiltration unit wouldn't be hard to spot after you distroy the first one if you know you just have to look out for the same looking guy. Plus the first one was done real serious and had a good sci fi horror feel to it. Plus it was a love story and a time travel movie to with a weird twist to it. So it was a sci fi, time travel, robot, horror, serial killer, war, drama, love story movie. It just a perfect movie to me. Not a silly movie like some movie critic said. He said it was a pretty silly movie actually. Arnold plays a killer robot from another planet that comes to kill a girl and he even runs over childrens toys.

Totally amazing bust!! You should definitely market these.Extremely talented and the video is cool as hell. Superb job!!

Thanks. Well this one is one of a kind. I won't market it now. I tried to get people to mold it when I first had it done but couldn't find anyone at the time. Didn't know where to look to much either so I just went ahead and painted it. I'm glad you like the video to, I just kinda edited it together the best I could. I used a web cam to film it.

That's amazing, it even looks better than the Stan Winston one used for the eye surgery scene

Thanks. Now that's a compliment. That looked pretty good though. The only think I thought looked fake in that head was the human eye part. They can't replicate yet or I haven't seen them do it yet in any fake head is to make an eyeball work the way a human eye works when it look's up and down. You whole eye lids shape are totally different when you look up and when you look down and even when you look side to side the lids change a little. So when they make a rubber head the lids and only one way so they don't move down with the eye like normal. You can really see it in the hotel scene when he's reading the address book I think it is. The eye just moves but the lids stay still.

Hey Jim, you did an outstanding job on this thing. No question... Looks just like him. I also enjoyed the T1 theme music and clips from the movie.

I really really would love to see you take on a 1:1 scale.

T2 is definately my favorite of the 3 currently out, but T1 is a very close 2nd and for all of the reasons you mentioned. The overall feel of the films. T3 (although I liked it somewhat) doesn't come close to what we got from the first 2. There is absolutely no need for any humor in a terminator movie like we saw in Rise of the Machines. (talk to the hand, goofy glasses etc...)

Back