The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there other good options for a body for Ringo? or is the Dragon
Hong Kong Police Cheong figure pretty good?

Thanks, Guys. The suit mods actually look pretty good. I placed a mockup head on each body and I think the final result will be terrific.

Yodasan - I posted on this issue before a couple times. These are some shorter bodies I know of.

Sideshow
Luke - Jedi, Besbin. Not sure about other Lukes.
Buffy Oz

Dragon
Cheong, Chan
I recommend Dragon as the joints click into place. I did a Ringo Test on the drumstool and it held the pose great. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, that's a nice bass, but not the same as the store-rooms one I have. Mine has a darker reddish brown finish, the guard plate is wider and mine had no pinstriping. I had to pinstripe my bass and George's Gretsch.

Here's a pic of the Store-rooms Guitars I got and the Gretsch I pinstriped.

aabgtrs.jpg

aageo.jpg

nicegent2.jpg

Last edited:
Siquisiri,

If Thomas takes too long you might ask store-rooms if he can try to order a Hofner from these guys:

https://www.chinatopsupplier.com/d-..._Beatles_Set_left_Handed_Hoffner_Bass_Guitar/

It looks like the one pjam and the others ordered. And, these guys are selling amps that look between 1/6-1/4 scale:

https://stores.miniatureguitarusa.com/-strse-Miniature-Guitar-Amps/Categories.bok

Mike
Ive tried Storeroms, all they say is NO LONGER IN STOCK. There has to be someone else that carries the :cuss bass!

Pjam,
Did your bass come as a lefty? or did you have to alter it?

Came as pictured, lefty. I may actually replace mine when artstudio35 offers a Hofner, but it's a great standby and it looks decent when detailed. Actually, the Store-rooms Rick is nice and so is the Gretsch, both fairly accurate. I think you guys can still find both on ebay, or at least you could a month ago. :cool:

And here's an ODD Fact:

Although it seems only a few of us are posting here these days, this thread is getting over 1,000 Hits per Week. I prolly account for 10-15 of those. Go figure. :lol

Last edited:
Came as pictured, lefty. I may actually replace mine when artstudio35 offers a Hofner, but it's a great standby and it looks decent when detailed. Actually, the Store-rooms Rick is nice and so is the Gretsch, both fairly accurate. I think you guys can still find both on ebay, or at least you could a month ago. :cool:

And here's an ODD Fact:

Although it seems only a few of us are posting here these days, this thread is getting over 1,000 Hits per Week. I prolly account for 10-15 of those. Go figure. :lol

PJAM,
I noticed were neighbors! Im on Northridge a few minutes North of you. I finallly tracked down a few of the Hofners. but they are not leftys, so im gonna have to do some alterations (Which I dont mind).If artstudio releases theirs, im sure ill get one, but till then this will do.
Spenser send out my suits on Monday, as soon as I get them ill post pics!

Northridge. Awesome! Quake Ground Zero! :lol I'll never forget the Big One, I was in Westwood with my GF and nearly had a heart attack. Then I woke up and realized it was just a massive Tumbler.:D

Anyhoo, can't wait to see pics of your completed set, sounds like you'll be the first. No one has ever done a Complete Fab Four in 6th scale. EVER. Spenser's Mom is amazing, you'll be very Happy. ;)

I account for some alot of that I'm sure. I'm waiting to see some pics instead of blabbering and teases! :lol

Hello Beatle fans. I finally have the VOX amps and speakers in hand. Anybody who wants a set should contact me direct at [email protected] and we can talk about prices. I have several sets in three different styles. I will be listing one set each on eBay this weekend(search sellers for onesixthtoys).

Thanks,Mark

Hey Mark,

Welcome again and thanks for the update. Reposting your update here as most of us have migrated to this thread now. Any news about microphones? Sent you an email too Bro. :cool:

Awesome, Yodasan. Can't wait to see pics.

Did Ringo's Drumsticks. Used Mike's measurements, each is 2.5" long and were whittled from wooden chopsticks to fit Dragon bendy hand, and it works! Still need more finishing sanding and I may add tips to them when I figure that out, but in hand they'll work out nicely. anyway, fun and easy little mod suggestion.

aringods.jpg

Looks nice, you can add a small bit of wood putty or epoxy putty to the tip and make it round like a ball. That's what I did to the wooden handle on a cotton applicator after tapering that.

I'm waiting to see the Vox amps and speakers from Zappafan. I did a few papercraft versions of an Vox AC 15/30 Amps and the Vox 212 and 412 speakers (only I had no idea what the back of theses cabinets looked like so I made up my own.)

Mike

Hey that's great! I can't wait to see your set pjam. I can't imagine anyone's looking as great given your passion for the project.

No word from Artstudio yet. But, I can wait.

If worse come to worse, I'll have to see about making my own guitars. I've got papercraft versions that can be shrunk down to 1/6th scale for templates. All I need is the wood.

Mike

Last edited:
Back