The Detolf Massacre

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supergirl wasn't so super... man, I feel your pain! I have been thinking of getting some Detolfs, but only for very light stuff... I may rethink that, but then again, using knowledge gained from your horror, maybe there is a way to make sure the shelves don't shift; maybe some kind of clip or something.

Now I am scared I bought a detolf. I have only one but it holds two Premium Formats.

I don't know what I would do if I lost those. So the fact you lost some valuable pieces, and yes to the individual who asked if those statues are valuable... most of those are fairly new and still selling for 150-200 USD. While the Emma is fetching prices of 300-400 US!!! But price value aside, it's the love of said pieces that hurts....they are all beautiful pieces.

I would be devastated. I hope somehow you can salvage all those statues. Sure, resale value maybe shot, but you get the right guy fixing them they can look almost like new, depending on the extent of damage to some of them.

I know this will come off as being paranoid and maybe a somewhat silly question to ask, but are detolfs for the most part pretty solid? So far I haven't had a problem with mine. Does anyone else have nightmare stories they can share with us pertaining to detolf display cabinets?

OUCH! :horror

The Detolfs are great cabinets but you do have to make sure that the glass stays centered on the frame, if you do; you won't have problems.

I have no fears with mine, and have used them for years now.

Mine are as centered as they can be. I am not a risk taker like that. I always make certain something is spot on. Can't afford to lose a 150-300 USD statue. I'm not rich like some of you. My goal is to some day be well off like my mother. She's my mentor! Damn that lady works hard!

Sorry, had a proud mother moment.

That is absolutely awful. I have most of my GG collection in Detolfs and have never had problems. I hope I never do. So do you think the only reason is the shelf were off center.

Damn, that scene of carnage made me gasp!

I'm really sorry that happened, but it helps to remind us all to make sure our shelves are in good order. It especially sucks when someone else is to blame, but its not like you can go off on a well intentioned family member.

Just checked mine and they are all centered :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about this man,that really sucks. Are you following up with your in-laws about paying you back? I sure would!!!

I have detolfs and they are pretty solid and like it was mentioned,as long as the glass is held evenly on both sides it should be ok.They also have a weight limit of about 13 lbs.

I keep mostly my Medicom and Hot Toys figures in them though.

OMG......the amount of swearing and yelling coming out of my mouth would be monumental. I hope you can replace those pieces soon.

So sorry to hear about this.....it is every collectors worst nightmare come true. I hope everything works out and you are either able to replace your statues or fix them. Man this just sucks......

OUCH! That Turner Supergirl is going to be a little tough to replace. Man, what nightmare. I winced just reading the title of this thread. Those heavy bases are just destructiuon machines... :monkey2

I have one of my detolf placed next to the door. I'm living in a pretty old house, so every time I walk beside the cabinet, the frame moves a little back and forth - the Uruk Berserker is really wobbling.

Another reason not to get a detolf besides not liking to look through glass.

I know firsthand what it is like to have something break on you. A few of us do, I am sure...

It's no fun at all.

I feel your pain.

Take it from me and my broken Sideshow Weta Saruman and Gandalf the Grey statues...

:cool:

Funny, isn't it? It's true, if he hadn't of moved the cabinet this wouldn't have happened, but it's my own fault for not checking the shelves to see if they were centered afterwords.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Dude.. your Wife's Grandfather?... OMG.. Wasnt last time your Mother In Law?..

OMFG!!!

I MEAN WTF!!!

Sucks man.. Nobody but me is allowed to touch my stuff.. When we hired our maid I came home to all my stuff rearranged.. Since then she is not allowed in my office..

If I break something its ok.. But someone else?..:emperor

Back