The Last of Us Figures - HBO Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the question of which way up the neck should be...

The neck tapers. The figure was packed with the widest end plugged into the sculpt.

I inverted it to see whether there was any improvement, but the only thing that changed was that his head wobbled about because the neck didn't fill the cavity.

So, whichever way it arrives, I think it's best to put the narrow end into the body.

So I'm trying to like this as my 1st toys era but Sheesh what a shambles!

Mine arrived and it's a mixed bag. The neck has dark sticky paint on ( claiming it's weathering)

The gun is missing the barrell, obviously the flask is missing the handle. You can tell they rushed this. 🤦
1000038254-jpg.706464
1000038258.jpg

Attachments

• 1000038254.jpg
    1000038254.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
Anyone else having trouble swapping out the arms? I broke the right arm already. Easily snapped the hinge above the bicep. I can't for the life of me remove the forearm from either.

So I'm trying to like this as my 1st toys era but Sheesh what a shambles!

Mine arrived and it's a mixed bag. The neck has dark sticky paint on ( claiming it's weathering)

The gun is missing the barrell, obviously the flask is missing the handle. You can tell they rushed this. 🤦
1000038254-jpg.706464
View attachment 706465

It's the cylinder that's missing.

That paint on the neck is icky. :(

I got lucky with mine, but it has some flaws in the design.

The watch strap is too long, though I guess that could be easily cut shorter.

The magnets on the sheath strap are too bulky, so they make the strap too short to close properly around the hilt of the knife. It ends up as an ugly mess of partially connecting magnets.

The parts of the rifle which were labelled metal are still metal - I assumed the reviewer who said it was resin meant the whole gun was resin. The parts that were meant to be wood aren't too bad. The plastic does have wood grain painted on.

The all-metal revolver is well made and looks good. I didn't check it in detail for accuracy to Joel's Taurus Model 66, but it looks close except for having a shorter barrel.

The jacket has weathering, which makes the lack of it on the jeans stand out even more. I rubbed a little chalk into them to take away the newness, though it doesn't show up on camera. I'll add more later to create more wear.

IMG_2839.JPG
IMG_2840.JPG
IMG_2841.JPG

Anyone else having trouble swapping out the arms? I broke the right arm already. Easily snapped the hinge above the bicep. I can't for the life of me remove the forearm from either.

I haven't tried that yet. I want to due to eradicate the left wrist joint, but the arms are noticeably paler than the regular hands so in that respect don't look as good.

I need to spend some time with this figure. I’m thinking I’m gonna go with the shirt look with the rolled up sleeves. I haven’t seen any really good pictures yet of it display that way. And I did order Ellie last night. I think these two photograph well out in the wild.

I figured out the watch strap while putting it onto one of the arms. The strap feeds back on itself though a third loose ring.

It's fiddly getting it through the first two, but oddly easier through the third.

Yeah, these forearms are welded on tight.

Even after leaving them in boiling water they didn't want to pull out.

It's ironic because on my QOrange figures, who use Alert Line bodies, the elbows repeatedly fell out on their own after assembling the figures.

EDIT:

Managed to remove the right forearm. The left won't budge at all.

Anyway, I've concluded that the seamless arms are rubbish.

They're too pale. The left grip doesn't grip the torch very well, and the right gun grip is positioned at a strange angle.

So it's back to good old traditional separate hands.

Last edited:
IMG_9166.jpeg

Finally got mine. Superbe headsculpt! I folded his antennas over eachother. Pretty easy to do. Looks much more natural now imo. Everything looks great out of the box.

I’ll have fun tinkering with it tonight 😄

Edit: almost forgot, giantoy didnt include the holsters 🥲

Last edited:

Harrison Silvestri

3 h ·

So here he finally is! It came out even better than I could have hoped for. The headsculpt is just the best part for me and feel like they really nailed the Pedro likeness.

I even compared to my custom one I made over a year ago to fill the gap until this one. The headsculpt is far better than the hot toys one.

Massive well done to Toys Era on this one and cannot wait for the Ellie!

I hope you like the photos!

More of this and my collection on my insta:

https://www.instagram.com/vikingcollectables...

View attachment 706435View attachment 706436View attachment 706437View attachment 706438View attachment 706439View attachment 706440View attachment 706441View attachment 706442View attachment 706443View attachment 706444
View attachment 706445
The problem with hot toys sculpts is they like to give all their heads the hollywood treatment. Wrinkles and imperfections are not allowed. This is very clear when you look at Robert Downey Jr and Captain America headsculpts. They all look like they had botox and facetune applied. It might be a requirement by Disney for them to look like that though.

Nice! Looks good, impressed by Toys era on this one. Should hopefully have mine tomorrow.
View attachment 706504

Finally got mine. Superbe headsculpt! I folded his antennas over eachother. Pretty easy to do. Looks much more natural now imo. Everything looks great out of the box.

I’ll have fun tinkering with it tonight 😄

Edit: almost forgot, giantoy didnt include the holsters 🥲

I still have some Kai Studios seamless arms will see if they fit the body. Will definitely use a hairdryer now I know how fragile the arms are.

Maybe it differs from figure to figure but the skintone from the neck matches the head pretty well. There’s a slight difference but not as severe as from some reviews I’ve seen. The neck on mine isn’t that long or thin either. Maybe it’s a different batch?

Giantoy didnt include the holster so I’ll have to go after that.

The base is so fat they couldve easily made it into a storage container for his accessories. I might take it apart and do just that.

The jeans and boots desperately need some weathering.

IMG_9168.jpeg

I still have some Kai Studios seamless arms will see if they fit the body. Will definitely use a hairdryer now I know how fragile the arms are.

Maybe it differs from figure to figure but the skintone from the neck matches the head pretty well. There’s a slight difference but not as severe as from some reviews I’ve seen. The neck on mine isn’t that long or thin either. Maybe it’s a different batch?

Giantoy didnt include the holster so I’ll have to go after that.

The base is so fat they couldve easily made it into a storage container for his accessories. I might take it apart and do just that.

The jeans and boots desperately need some weathering.

View attachment 706523

To the eye the difference between neck and sculpt isn't too bad, but the camera flash accentuates the variation.

IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2846.JPG

The base and the wire holder look like a straight recast from Hot Toys'. They even left the gaps at the front where the name plaque would slot in.

However, when I put a Hot Toys next to it, while the base part was identical in height and the name plaque section appearing to be the same dimensions, the whole thing was shorter in width by about half an inch.

Toys Era must've cut the ends off a Hot Toys stand before recasting.

It’s a great figure but for a figure that was a year late it does feel rushed as hell. Lots of small inconsistencies that add up.

It's like the product of two factories - one good, one average.

Great head sculpt, nicely weathered jacket; then completely un-weathered jeans and flat looking boots.

Well sculpted and painted hands, then the pale, useless seamless arms and uncooperative body.

Well made metal revolver, then a very lightweight and fragile feeling carbine (reminiscent of DAM Toys).

It's like the product of two factories - one good, one average.

Great head sculpt, nicely weathered jacket; then completely un-weathered jeans and flat looking boots.

Well sculpted and painted hands, then the pale, useless seamless arms and uncooperative body.

Well made metal revolver, then a very lightweight and fragile feeling carbine (reminiscent of DAM Toys).
Is it just me or are the slots on the seamless arms the wrong direction? It seems it would have him holding the gun sideways.

Is it just me or are the slots on the seamless arms the wrong direction? It seems it would have him holding the gun sideways.

That's what I found after the right arm finally pulled out. I tried twisting the bicep to see if it would improve the angle, but that seemed to be seized up.

Then seeing how the other arm wouldn't hold the torch, and that they were too pale anyway, I gave up the idea.

Back