The Last of Us Figures - HBO Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some slight weathering and a comparison with the cctoys

Attachments

• PXL_20240606_210151344.jpg
    PXL_20240606_210151344.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240606_204704.jpg
    IMG_20240606_204704.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240606_210133110.jpg
    PXL_20240606_210133110.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Some slight weathering and a comparison with the cctoys
Yeah this figure turned out pretty decent. Body swap will probably be needed if I have the same issues which isn't a problem. That's what I imagine the issue is. I would probably look for or have a custom accurate Taurus Model 66 Revolver made.

Finally bought Joel from Kit will see how it is in hand. I already have an idea what to get.

Getting a custom revolver made for this. $180 fully metal we'll see how it turns out.

That's dedication.

Looking at this image I'm disappointed they gave us the wrong revolver. View attachment 706882

I don't know for sure what make and model the Toys Era version is, but it ended up with a 3" barrel sometime after they took their promo photos - effectively another bait switch.

It resembles a Colt Detective Special 3":

Colt-Detective-Special-3inch-Barrel-Full-Nickel-6-Shot-38-Special-Revolver_101174391_103248_BE...jpg

It's the short barrel length that really throws it off, as once in his hand I can overlook the other details.

What it should've been for reference...

A Taurus Model 66 with 4" barrel:

Taurus_66.jpg

HBO TLOU Taurus Model 66 1.jpg
HBO TLOU Taurus Model 66 2.jpg

First impressions are good!! I got mine from kit yesterday and it was shipped pretty quickly and included the missing knife and gun holster.

I will do a quick pros and cons section.

Pros -
+I'm surprised with the amount of accessories he comes with, and the amount that are actual diecast too. I'm not sure if the hunting rifle is made of wood but if it is, that's quite impressive.
+The proportions seem spot on to me, he is a tad bulky in the arms but its fine with the jacket/shirt on.
+The headsculpt is great, in person there isnt really a bad angle on the sculpt and I can tell its Pedro Pascal through and through. Paint app is great, maybe the hair can be a little better around the fringe.

Cons -
- The seamless arms are a big miss, as others have mentioned its really loose when attached on. Also the forearm/hand angle is awkward, its different from the prototype, even the paint app is abit too light imo.
- The included base is lackluster, it gets the job done but its abit bulky and wish you could store accessories in it since its so bulky lol.

Overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Value wise its great but instead of those poor forearms I would ditch those and the unneeded accessories (like that jerky meat), I would've rather had a secondary angry sculpt or something. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ellie turns out to complete the duo.

20240608_123200 copy.jpg

20240608_123238 copy.jpg

20240608_123859 copy.jpg

20240608_123843 copy.jpg

20240608_131717 copy.jpg

That's dedication.

I don't know for sure what make and model the Toys Era version is, but it ended up with a 3" barrel sometime after they took their promo photos - effectively another bait switch.

It resembles a Colt Detective Special 3":

View attachment 706902

It's the short barrel length that really throws it off, as once in his hand I can overlook the other details.

What it should've been for reference...

A Taurus Model 66 with 4" barrel:

View attachment 706899

View attachment 706900View attachment 706901
It is this is the Taurus used in the show. Sadly can't believe they botched it.
1000004281.jpg

It is this is the Taurus used in the show. Sadly can't believe they botched it. View attachment 706953

I meant the gun Toys Era showed in their promo photos resembled a Colt Detective Special with a 4" barrel.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd released that as a stand in for Joel's Taurus. But they made it worse by shortening the barrel.

This whole release is a succession of odd decisions and errors.

I meant the gun Toys Era showed in their promo photos resembled a Colt Detective Special with a 4" barrel.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd released that as a stand in for Joel's Taurus. But they made it worse by shortening the barrel.

This whole release is a succession of odd decisions and errors.
Yeah that's what I don't understand also. It's almost like they tried to go game reference by giving him the snub nose revolver he used in game versus show. Plus the fact they advertised the bolt action rifle as wood and metal then changing it to full on plastic is another dumb move.

Yeah that's what I don't understand also. It's almost like they tried to go game reference by giving him the snub nose revolver he used in game versus show. Plus the fact they advertised the bolt action rifle as wood and metal then changing it to full on plastic is another dumb move.
The barrel, trigger, and scope are definitely a metal. The rest is made of a plastic. No wood at all like advertised.

Back