The Last of Us Figures - HBO Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Bean Reaction GIF

why is this taking so long man,my joel looks silly on his own

Man they dropped the ball hard with this Ellie. Not even sneak peeks in the Facebook group like Joel

“O Ellie, Ellie, wherefore art thou Ellie?”

IMG_3554 Toys Era Joel.JPG

IMG_3557 Toys Era Joel.JPG

I changed Joel's pose because he was mimicking HUNK holding his torch up in a reverse grip.

The mismatched colour of Joel's neck really hurts photographing him. The camera always accentuates the difference, especially with the flash taking away the natural shadow created by his jaw.

View attachment 721025
View attachment 721026

I changed Joel's pose because he was mimicking HUNK holding his torch up in a reverse grip.

The mismatched colour of Joel's neck really hurts photographing him. The camera always accentuates the difference, especially with the flash taking away the natural shadow created by his jaw.

I’m getting a bad feeling about Ellie lol. At least with Joel they showed off pics here and there.

With various flesh shades at hand I attempted again and again to try and mix up a colour that matched the sculpt. I was having a mental block defining to myself exactly what colour Toys Era's flesh was.

I got close when it dawned on me there had to be a hint of black in the paint to tone down the pink. The final coat was Coat d'Arms flesh, which is called 'pale flesh' or 'elven flesh' by other companies, mixed with a tiny bit of their Panzer Grey (which is practically black).

I was surprised it actually worked. The only issue is that it dried with a satin finish due to the rubbery quality of the neck joint. I attempted to tone down the upper part by sponging on some stubble.

IMG_4052.JPG

With various flesh shades at hand I attempted again and again to try and mix up a colour that matched the sculpt. I was having a mental block defining to myself exactly what colour Toys Era's flesh was.

I got close when it dawned on me there had to be a hint of black in the paint to tone down the pink. The final coat was Coat d'Arms flesh, which is called 'pale flesh' or 'elven flesh' by other companies, mixed with a tiny bit of their Panzer Grey (which is practically black).

I was surprised it actually worked. The only issue is that it dried with a satin finish due to the rubbery quality of the neck joint. I attempted to tone down the upper part by sponging on some stubble.

View attachment 723377

Got excited someone posted about Ellie. Thanks. Sons crying

View attachment 721025
View attachment 721026

I think you should flip the neck part upside down. The head will sit more naturally if you do so

Ffs when will they release Ellie? This is taking way too long. Theyre basically an inseperable set. Toysera get your **** together

I think you should flip the neck part upside down. The head will sit more naturally if you do so

I tried it both ways.

I've now turned the painted neck upside so the fat end is inside the sculpt. When it was fully connected the head sank down too low as I think the ball joint goes in further on that end, so I pulled the sculpt back up a bit to give him more neck.

However, I'm just about to try him on a necked smaller muscle body - a Ganghood 2.0 with ankle extensions that will make him Pedro's height. The neck will be off colour again, but at least it'll be a sculpted neck rather than a smooth plastic one.

Now on the Ganghood 2.0 with ankle extensions:

IMG_4189 Toys Era HBO Joel on Ganghood 2 extended.JPG

IMG_4185 Toys Era HBO Joel on Ganghood 2 extended.JPG

Now I know what that little black plastic thing was. I thought it was off the carbine, but it's one of the jacket buttons.

IMG_4193 Toys Era HBO Joel on Ganghood 2 extended.JPG

Last edited:
Back