The "Less Than High Speed" 1/6th Military Product Archive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600 (32).jpg

s-l1600 (65).jpg

Last one for today. Again, I try to end a large update with something "fun".

But before that, for this update, since I am not well versed in a lot of WW2 history, particular with the German military, I added in quite a few videos for context and reference material. One of the best parts of this hobby is the functional pathway to learn more about the past, and what people went through to fight for and defend the freedoms that we have today. Certainly nothing in current times is completely perfect, but looking back at the suffering and tribulations of so many young men across so many countries, it's hard not to reflect and be grateful for the many blessings I would suspect most of us have in this life.

If you've got the spare money to collect 1/6th, and you have full time internet access and I'm guessing most of us live in America, then I'd take a stab that for the majority of us, life is pretty OK.

I used to have a friend in the hobby who was a retired Green Beret. He lived not too far away for a time. And we went to a few shows together and I went to his house a few times, and while he did have some modern 1/6th, he had a large interest in WW2 and particularly German WW2 stuff. And just in some good conversations while we were kitbashing figures or working on hobby stuff, he'd tell me lots of interesting historical stuff about WW2. All the things he read about how things were made or how things were done in WW2. I cherish those moments, those conversations, that opportunity to learn more about the past.

As a mostly modern collector, in the old days, like most modern guys, we would sift through WW2 sets to see if there was anything with crossover potential. Everyone wanted DML Steiner's headsculpt. Everyone. It was one of the best DML ever made. Dieter's glasses and bicycle. Bernhardt's TNT loadout and detonator. Alfon's skis. And basically any interesting headsculpts. One of the most interesting things about our hobby online was modern collectors trading headsculpts from modern sets to WW2 collectors for headsculpts from WW2 sets. Since many did not collect both, it was the best chance to get a cool headsculpt that you might not normally otherwise see in your collection.

Hence the "fun" stuff today is a photo of a crap load of 1/6th headsculpts. Some are generation 1 clearly, but you can also see some progression in craft and detail in some of them as they edge into generation 3 quality.

Every collector I've ever known has a big plastic bag of spare heads somewhere. And for some bizarre reason, most of the older ones look like they belong on the cast of King Of The Hill. :lol

Back