The "Less Than High Speed" 1/6th Military Product Archive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600 (40).jpg

s-l1600 (41).jpg

This next post is a little unusual, but it will make a bit of sense by the end. Inside the spoiler tags will be my remaining archive of "Fun Stuff" photos. I kept a few around in a folder, and would post something at the end of each update that wasn't quite "military", but was something amusing from the general 1/6th world. Hopefully the Spoiler tags will make this reply a bit easier to load.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also had a number of these sets, way back when. Great updating parts.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

FlyAndFight was a long time member here at SSF, but also a legacy member from the old Warrior Forum 1/6th ezboard. In the old days, Dragon Models CIA Jones was one of the hottest figures made, and it sold out fast. Can't believe it was over 20 years ago that this set came out. Can't say I ever saw eye to eye with FlyAndFight on pretty much anything. That being said, I do vaguely remember he was a fan of CIA Jones just like pretty much everyone else back then. Not many old school Warrior Forum guys left around.

FlyAndFight, this Jones update is for you.

s-l1600 (14).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Bizarre as this might sound, I have only ever ordered one Sideshow Collectibles boxed figure from the pre-order stage, from a dealer, at retail MSRP. Only once. Only one figure. I did buy some used sets and loose sets over time, but that was different.

The set was the SSC Indiana Jones Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull set. I bought two of them from @Timewalker1 Toys. Back then, if you ordered two, you qualified for their free shipping program. (This was a LONG time ago. When you still got a newsletter in the mail with a stamp on it and you had to make a phone call to place an order) I wanted this set because this was the first set to have the NEW type Sideshow body, the upgrade from the classic original Buck body, and I wanted to see what it was all about. This new body was rough. I mean rough.

I rarely do dealer plugs, but this time I will. Timewalker Toys was my go to dealer for a long time in the old days. Steven Allen, the owner of Timewalker, is one of the best dealers I've ever encountered in this hobby. Honest, patient, understanding, good communicator, lots of integrity. You couldn't ask for more. No offense to anyone else, but he is only dealer I would ever completely trust. In all my years of enforcing commerce at OSW, Timewalker was the only long term dealer where I NEVER heard one bad thing about them. Never. And I heard it all back then.

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/

Thank you Steven Allen for your service to this hobby and for all the collectors in it.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (15).jpg

This is not a military set. I won this boxed set during a Spooktacular many many years ago. It was my first Spooktacular win ever. I won it by putting my email into those old contest pages they had. Of course this was before they were even advertising/engaging on Twitter and Facebook. The figure was free, but you had to pay for shipping. The cost to ship it was a whopping 7 dollars or so. Now you know this was a LONG time ago. Sideshow Chicky and Sideshow Susan were so generous to all us here at SSF in the old days. I was lucky enough to win other things over the years, but this was the first. The hobby was so different back then, the entire Halloween week was so exciting here. Thank you to Chicky and Susan, wherever you are now.

kmartUntitled.jpg

Seekers_ad.jpg

PackIn_Reinforcements_Inside.jpg

Last one for today and last update from me ever in this thread. As always, fun stuff. Here are some toy ads from the old days. Yes, that's right, you could get a carded GI Joe 4 inch figure off the pegs for like 2.50 or so. I remember it was a big deal as a kid to get a Sunday paper and see the toy ads, and see what might be new. No internet back then. I would get scissors and cut out the pictures, and play with them or make new collages out of them.

Well guys, I've run this thread for a year and a half, and my part to play in it has run it's course. However it will remain open for anyone who wishes to to update it with any nostalgia figures or memories that they wish to share. I hope people do. My hope for this thread was for it to remain as an archive so even non military collectors could see the range of product out there, so they could visually source more parts and pieces for their customs, from sets that they might not have known even existed. Also there's a lot of history in here too, because one of the great things about this hobby is it opens more opportunities to learn new things.

If you visited this thread, learned something in it or found a way to find a little piece of being a kid again, you have my thanks for stopping by and sharing good memories here.

Someone much smarter than me in this hobby told me once - As long as you love the toys, nothing else in this hobby has to matter.

And it's true. Don't ever grow up, guys. Thanks to you all - MHG

Back