The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started binging this. Gotta get through 7 and 8.

Overall, props for making S2 a whole lot better. The actors including Galadriel put their backs into it; so kudos for that. IMO the natural environments and design work, costumes etc. are all upgrades.

I'd even rewatch S2. So good job Amazon.

Not gonna say I don't cringe at the Tolkien memba berries and scenes that rip off both LOTR and the Hobbit. There's not much Tolkien here as opposed to being really expensive fan fiction. So much cringe including the giant gumball machine rings, making so much focus on RINGS, everything is about these RINGS and Celebrimbor WTF...tho hafta say Vicker's Sauron is creepily understated and effective. Huh.

I'll give credit too tho not sure it works - of coming up with reasons Celebrimbor behaves the way he does and tying that to Sauron being able to shapeshift reality as well as himself. Someone was trying when they wrote this.

Then there was the Venom black sludge...so much cringe. But yet, IMO it's pretty watchable too. Some effective grittiness besides the soap opera dramatics. Some IMO good interchanges like Galadriel and Adar. Some good fights including Galadriel. It's like someone read a LOT of Tolkien, threw it in a blender, and then dumped it out and spent millions on fan fiction. But I can see where the money went this season.

IMO this does not suck. Some stuff does like orc babies, but a fair amount doesn't. If you turn off the Jackson films, S2 is a reasonable story that has some good moments and is worth a watch.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this season. They really struck gold with Charlie Vickers as Sauron, stole every scene he was in. Celebrimbor’s actor was no slouch either.

The Orcs are fully bent to Saurons will now.

Spectacle wise it was really enjoyable too. The visuals are great. Obviously the designs draw inspiration from Jacksons films so they feel quite familiar but also new enough.

Still think S1 was mostly a nothingburger, but I was happily surprised at how much I enjoyed this season.

Look forward to seeing what else is to come now, seems like things are now finally in motion.

Never posted in here at the start but did go to the S2 Premiere in Oz and took my daughter along.
We had such a blast and today was a great day to see the Finale and close the circle out.
Most of the Aussie acting contingent came out for it,so was lucky to meet Sauron and Nori and get some photos and some posters signed.

I'm no Tolkien expert,Star Wars is my jam,but I've enjoyed this series for what it is.

Attachments

• 20240826_164523.jpg
    20240826_164523.jpg
    4.5 MB
  • Messenger_creation_28F966D6-C8E3-4E5F-9580-CB0B2270FEC9.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_28F966D6-C8E3-4E5F-9580-CB0B2270FEC9.jpeg
    155 KB
  • Messenger_creation_AAAF5371-9D7A-45F9-AC8C-1E18F85E4402.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_AAAF5371-9D7A-45F9-AC8C-1E18F85E4402.jpeg
    248.2 KB
  • 20240826_185514.jpg
    20240826_185514.jpg