The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have yet to get the one up you bought from me. Was that 2011?

Woot! Thanks brother! :hi5:

You already know we got kinda lost. Could almost always see the cars though since we're in the desert!

I was wondering about you too! :D

I kinda hooked you, didn't I?

Ya I think that was SDCC 2011. It is all framed up and hanging in my office right now. I will probably hold off on getting this new one framed right away since we are getting two others framed professional for our living room.

First Look at Odd City Entertainment's PACIFIC RIM Print Series Featuring Gabz | Collider
Odd City Entertainment’s Pacific Rim print by artist Gabz.

"While Gabz is up first, he will be followed by Todd Slater, New Flesh, Gordon Jones and Graham Erwin. The screen prints will be randomly released beginning on Tuesday, July 2nd and lasting through Thursday, July 11th via the Odd City web store at https://www.oddcitystore.com and you can follow them on twitter @OddCityNews for continued updates regarding announcement information and drop dates of the other artist’s prints."

Part of the press release:

When looking for artists to approach this soon to be classic sci-fi flick, Odd City Founder, Roman Morales, quickly zeroed in on the perfect lot that could bring the director’s vision to screen printed glory. Gabz, a world-renowned Polish artist, will be the first in this series to release his print upon unsuspecting Fanboys and Fangirls across the globe.

Gabz expressed his enthusiasm about working on this project, “This is actually the first time I had an opportunity to work on something this big, so I was both excited and slightly overwhelmed at the beginning. Until now, I had worked on movies with plenty of references to be found on the Internet. In this case, I was mainly limited to the first teaser trailer that came out (pretty mind blowing by the way). I focused on Gipsy Danger, but instead of putting him in some type of massive sea battle, which was quite tempting, I proposed something inspired by World War 2 propaganda posters; something where the giant robot symbolizes the last stand of humanity. To better show the scale of the threat, I added a glimpse of the giant Kaiju hidden in the skyline. I’m pleased with the outcome and particularly with my version of the poster title, clearly inspired by Japanese apocalyptic cinema posters.”

Roman, who worked closely with Gabz and the studios in this creative process, also commented on his beautiful work of art, “From the moment we discussed this project, Gabz was a part of it. He had already done a piece for us that we had yet to release and working with him was so easy. He had the ability to see the big picture, no pun intended. From just a single teaser, he was able to capture the spirit of a film that was already stirring all of our film geek sensibilities. I couldn’t see this series without him.”

Size: 24x36”

Colors: Regular – 6 Colors w/2 metallic inks / Variant – 6 colors w/3 metallic inks

Printed by: D&L Screenprinting

Regular – 225 / $55

Variant – 80 / $75

Variant – Metal 55 /$275

Last edited:
Damn, those are SIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKK!!! However, I refuse to buy a print until I see the film. :lecture

Think I'm going to go after a regular, I haven't seen the film but I have that much faith in Del Toro. He's one of my favorites, the man genuinely loves monsters so I love him. No ****.

Think I'm going to go after a regular, I haven't seen the film but I have that much faith in Del Toro. He's one of my favorites, the man genuinely loves monsters so I love him. No ****.

I don't doubt Del Toro at all, LOVE the man personally. I have just limited myself to prints of films that have personal meaning to me. The trailer and print look amazing but I have to see it first.

Got my Chueh today...

Never ever expected to see one of his prints rolled and put in a tube! Guess that's the best way to ship one, but I've picked every other one I own up in person, and they've always been flat and in a sturdy envelope. Worst part was, they rolled it print side out, then taped it, on the plastic bag mind you. But I had to precariously cut along the tape right up against the image!

null_zps38617047.jpg

Got my Chueh today...

Never ever expected to see one of his prints rolled and put in a tube! Guess that's the best way to ship one, but I've picked every other one I own up in person, and they've always been flat and in a sturdy envelope. Worst part was, they rolled it print side out, then taped it, on the plastic bag mind you. But I had to precariously cut along the tape right up against the image!

null_zps38617047.jpg

I also got mine today! Ya I also had the worry with the tape, not to tear anything. I love it.

Back