The Three Musketeers Parts I & II (2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishHeat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
81P4eCR6TdL._SY445_.jpg
thethreemusketeerspartii-posterart.jpg

Curious if anyone has seen these yet. They are French films, but I'd read that they were sort of "Americanized", and I think having Eva Green and Vincent Cassel be in the main cast makes it easy for American audiences to acclimate to the film by providing recognizable faces. I'm only familiar with the story through the Disney version with Chris O'Donnell as D'Artagnan, so I thought I'd try to be "worldly" and watch some French films. ;)

I agree that this new version aligned with the more action-oriented 'blockbusters' coming out of the American movie system these days, and I don't say that as a slight. I was entertained, and felt it was well worth the 4 hours for the whole story.

After watching both parts, I went back and read up on a plot synopsis of the original story, and this new re-telling modifies some story beats, in case you want an accurate re-telling, ye be warned.

Watching this movie made me want to go back and read the book, so I'm currently trying to evaluate which of the many published versions would be best to have on my shelf. I've gotten interested into 'collectible' versions of books, to add to my shelf.

Curious if anyone has seen these yet. They are French films, but I'd read that they were sort of "Americanized", and I think having Eva Green and Vincent Cassel be in the main cast makes it easy for American audiences to acclimate to the film by providing recognizable faces. I'm only familiar with the story through the Disney version with Chris O'Donnell as D'Artagnan, so I thought I'd try to be "worldly" and watch some French films. ;)

I agree that this new version aligned with the more action-oriented 'blockbusters' coming out of the American movie system these days, and I don't say that as a slight. I was entertained, and felt it was well worth the 4 hours for the whole story.

After watching both parts, I went back and read up on a plot synopsis of the original story, and this new re-telling modifies some story beats, in case you want an accurate re-telling, ye be warned.

Watching this movie made me want to go back and read the book, so I'm currently trying to evaluate which of the many published versions would be best to have on my shelf. I've gotten interested into 'collectible' versions of books, to add to my shelf.
I remain a fan of the '73/74 versions which weren't exactly accurate but lavish and a stellar cast.

Still waiting for a remake of definitive film versions of Three Musketeers and Robin Hood. By someone who takes it seriously with a big location budget. Maybe those days are long gone.

I remain a fan of the '73/74 versions which weren't exactly accurate but lavish and a stellar cast.

Still waiting for a remake of definitive film versions of Three Musketeers and Robin Hood. By someone who takes it seriously with a big location budget. Maybe those days are long gone.

Have you seen this version yet? It seemed like it had 'authentic' locations. Though I'm not terribly familiar with French history, but it looked good to me.

I could go for an authentic version of Robin Hood. I've long wanted figures of "legends of fictional history", not tied to any particular franchise or actor, Sherlock Holmes, King Arthur, Robin Hood, etc. We seem to get a lot historical figures based on real people or "could have been real people", some medieval knights, roman centurions, samurai and the like, but I'm interested in some of the fictional legends.

Have you seen this version yet? It seemed like it had 'authentic' locations. Though I'm not terribly familiar with French history, but it looked good to me.

I could go for an authentic version of Robin Hood. I've long wanted figures of "legends of fictional history", not tied to any particular franchise or actor, Sherlock Holmes, King Arthur, Robin Hood, etc. We seem to get a lot historical figures based on real people or "could have been real people", some medieval knights, roman centurions, samurai and the like, but I'm interested in some of the fictional legends.
No, will have to check out. Agree about fictional legends - heck, there's lots of folklore that would make great horror/thriller stories, or dramas IMO - maybe it will be the next big Hollywood thing. It only takes one success to set off a trend.

I've always loved three musketeer stories and finally read the book last year. Very good book!

I was interested in these but had a hard time trying to find a place to buy or rent them to watch.

I've always loved three musketeer stories and finally read the book last year. Very good book!

I was interested in these but had a hard time trying to find a place to buy or rent them to watch.

Part 1 has a BluRay available
Part 2 BluRay releases in two weeks.

But both are available digitally on AppleTV and Prime Video, from my cursory search.

Thanks. I guess I was trying to search for them too close to their initial release.

Prime has the BBC Musketeers show, which is actually quite good. Not close to the book at all, but I've found it very enjoyable. They actually remember that they are supposed to use muskets.

Back