The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and the US gets barely any of the profits. So why the **** would they want to continue making films that make back very little money?

Now they know where the market is, focus on that market next time. Gotta go where the auduence actually is and this thing does have quite an audience.

New IPs are more risky because they have to magically hit somewhere on the pulse of the viewing public. I just don't think its a valid excuse to prison rape established characters in other IPs because it's easier.:lol

It's also no reason to stop trying at all.

Popular superhero characters do alot of work for movie makers. What frustrates me sometimes is how much they're willing to discard major character traits in favor of some silly trends in movies. The robot suit happens to be the current parachute pants of the genre so everybody gets one even if it replaces core elements in some of the players.

But they don't make any money overseas....so do you see their dilemma ?

Of course I do, but if it means moving production over to a new country altogether in order to better tap into that market I think they should do it. You can't always control where an IP is going to catch on but if you really care about that IP, you need to go where it leads you.

Yeah, WB isn't going to move their property overseas.

They might make a sequel, but they'll probably over control it like Green Lantern or something.

Point is, people would rather see Grown Ups 2, and Wolverine then something new.

Hence why...they make movies about it. They'll never be accurate. So just accept it, and understand that the comics still exist.

Yeah, WB isn't going to move their property overseas.

They might make a sequel, but they'll probably over control it like Green Lantern or something.

Point is, people would rather see Grown Ups 2, and Wolverine then something new.

Hence why...they make movies about it. They'll never be accurate. So just accept it, and understand that the comics still exist.

Still not getting it Celtic. Perhaps it is destined to be!

First, Rim could still get a sequel and despite your pre-poo-pooing it might actually be good. Second, Grown-Ups and Wolverine are completely different in regards to what I'm talking about. (Hint: it goes much further than merely being sequels.)

Now back to the comic book films.

They don't have to be straight adaptations like 300 or Sin City. Whatever the benchmark for "accurate" may mean. All a comic book movie needs to do in my eyes (so stab em out) is to capture the characters correctly and adjusting the story/budget/rating to reflect that.

Sometimes a part of the franchise becomes so wildly popular that people start messing with the formula. Sometimes they get away with it (IM3) and sometimes they don't (Batman and Robin).

Hence why we make threads and analyze the ever loving **** out of these things. Just accept it and understand that the internets still exist... even when you want to cheerlead/jeerlead.

I think it does. Unless I never read it, I haven't heard any official reports of WB going through with the sequel at this moment. Just speculation.

The film could gain support during it's Blu Ray run, but who knows.

Hence why we make threads and analyze the ever loving **** out of these things. Just accept it and understand that the internets still exist... even when you want to cheerlead/jeerlead.

I accept it. And i'm going to still argue with people who act surprised when they change something from 100 + issue comic books.

I have no complaints about comic book movies changing ****, I have complaints when they change **** I like/love and it ends up sucking.

:lol

Last edited:
I agree with the very last part. Yes. If Weapon X was in a better movie, and it made more sense, then sure. Change my favorite marvel character all you'd like.

I accept it. And i'm going to still argue with people who act surprised when they change something from 100 + issue comic books.

Well, with statements like "**** the Mandarin" or "The tears of comic book fans make it worth buying. ****, i'll buy 2 if it drives a fan ripping his eyes out", I think you're well beyond the element of surprise.

For your sake I hope Bay teams up with Boll to bring us a live action Invader Zim.

It's confirmed that m night shamylan is making a gravity falls movie with justin bieber as the main kid and another tween idol as his sister. Aren't u excited Celtic !!!!

It's confirmed that m night shamylan is making a gravity falls movie with justin bieber as the main kid and another tween idol as his sister. Aren't u excited Celtic !!!!

Why not. I'll watch it. Ain't gonna stop me from loving the show though. As long as the show keeps running, they can do whatever they want.

Back